1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[COD BOMB] Rockets have a backup plan for BIG 6 if signing Lebron fails in the summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeem94, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Maverick Floor

Early last year, Jeanie Buss, Kevin Tsujihara, Tom Rutledge, Justin Lin and Maverick Carter all sat at a table multiple times to discuss business. The key is to know who these people are and what was discussed, then y'all would know exactly where LeBron and PG are headed together this summer. And it is not Houston.

LeBron is not signing a 1+1. He is signing a four year deal.

Are y'all familiar with LeBron's entertainment company, Springhill Entertainment? If not, check out his website and tell me what you think:

http://shentertainment.com/about.html

#561 Maverick Floor, Jun 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  2. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

My point is, he'd have much more in LA. Beard and Morey have been working hand-in-hand for many years now to get this thing where it is and Tad has publicly stated that their relationship is so strong that he considers him almost like a son of sorts, so you have to believe he'd remain the chief point of contact for our FO. Like anything, there are levels to this. And that's not to say LeBron wouldn't have a voice in personnel decisions/open line of communication with our FO, because he would, but I just think he'd wield much more power as the foundational piece on a new-look LA team.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Fair.

4. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Yeah, and I find it interesting that Jeanie Buss' good friend Ramona Shelburne has been really quiet on the LeBron front on Twitter since the season ended as she probably has as solid of information as anyone in the business on the situation right now.

5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Keep your cookies. I got fed up with being atttacked just for commenting on a thread where it asked,where will LeBron go?

Some people don’t want opposing opinions. I posted LeBron would be a Rocket all January (before trade deadline)

Talk, talk, talk, talk doesn’t make me right.
    Being right makes me right. I will leave at that. I’m willing to wager. LeBron goes to Rockets, I stop posting ever here. LeBron goes to Lakers bye-bye @basketballholic , @Gorilladunks , @Corrosion, @Bobbythegreat , @Fyreball , @DonKnock , @justtxyank, etc.

Let’s get it on record now. I doubt any will follow up on it. Their word means nothing to me. Will use it as my signature though. So & so said they would leave if LeBron went to Lakers.....still here.

Put your money where your mouths are. Or do you doubt yourselves?

https://fansided.com/2018/06/22/rockets-may-not-able-afford-re-signing-chris-paul/

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I could never risk doing that to my fans, no matter how right I think I am.

7. Maverick Floor

I'm not a Laker fan. But I know exactly where LeBron James and Paul George are going sign this summer. And it's not Houston.

How about you permanently change your profile pic to a Lakers logo when LeBron becomes a Laker?

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I've been on this bbs for a long time, and seen nearly every bet...

This is hands-down the dumbest bet I've ever seen.

Why would any Rockets fan say they will stop posting if the Rockets make the biggest trade in Rockets history, for the GOAT, who is still top in the game?!

Dude, you have your priorities wrong if you want to be right more than you want to be a fan. Or, you don't give a shlt about cfnet, making you a forgettable poster here no matter what the outcome is.

Roc Paint, Rashmon, YOLO and 10 others like this.
  9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

How did I get lumped in this?

Fyreball, Corrosion and heypartner like this.
  10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Man this board cracks me up at times.

The rockets have had their most successful season in over 2 decades and people are acting like this.

I really dont care what happens with any specific free agent. Do I want LeBron here? Of course. Do I want PG13? Yes.

But this front office has been able to put together a contending team without having to tank and through multiple step backs (initial CP trade being nixed, Bosh last minute resign with Miami) I have faith in them if its not LeBron or another big name they are going to do what it takes to make the team better and take the next step to the finals.

There is a lot of time still until July 1st. I would just wait and see what actually happens.

Just to note also:
    The Chris Paul trade came out of nowhere last season.

Everyone thought we were getting Melo and we didn't.

PG13 was hell bent on going to the Lakers and he gets traded to OKC and he may stay now.

Kyrie was traded out of nowhere to a conference rival.

A lot of the bigger moves last off season happened fast and without much notice. Anything right now is speculation and tons of smoke screens by agents, media and players. I would just rather sit back and relax and then scream bloody murder or have tears of joy once a move is officially made.

Pat, joshuaao, JVL713 and 19 others like this.
  11. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Ive never said i think lebron is for sure coming to the rockets. All ive said is that IF he did we are going all in financially. You dont know 2 things sbout how the cap works and were exposed and embarrased. You're just butthurt now. Ive said repeatedly im fine rolling last years squad again with a bench piece added

Corrosion and justtxyank like this.
  12. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

how bout you just admit that you're actually a lakers fan and quit posting here, hmm?

13. OpportunityCost

Lebron goes to LA. The Lakers beat Golden State in the Playoffs. We then beat the Lakers in the Western Conference Finals. You heard it here first.

Roc Paint and BallSoHarden like this.
  14. Know Your Role

Big 6, nah son BIG 7 based on sauces and how things are shaping up so far.

CP3 - Lin
    Harden - EG
    Ariza - Parsons
    Tucker - Mbah
    Capela - D12

We got bromance, we got missed free throws, we got injury risks. But that 1 game out of 12 that they all play well, we'd be unstoppable.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Don't do it AW. Right or wrong, diluting our fanbase discourse is not the solution.

Plowman, saleem and Corrosion like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

He's not a Lakers fan, you'd know that if you posted more. A differing opinion does not make him less of a fan.

17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

It would make sense for him to come here basketball wise but alot of things in this world do not make sense. If lebron goes to L.A. so be it. Time to roll out the big 6 as Codman hears. If it means getting Jimmy Buckets and a couple of other guys to roll with Harden and Paul I'll take it. If the man wants to win Rings Houston is a good city to do so.
    I however do not think L.A. or Houston is where the man will go. His wife might want L.A. but his kids are the most important things to him. He has Children that are a certain age where they already have close friends and a routine that they are accustomed to. If Lebron Jr Wants to go to L.a. that is where Lebron will go. If not i wouldn't be surprised if he just stayed in Clevland or Philly, which is close by. Whatever decision Lebron makes, although it would be sad if he didn't take the chance to play with Paul, would be a family choice. I respect a man who puts his family first and foremost. The rest of the world should to. Chris paul brought his family to Houston but his kids are still extremely young. Lebron's oldest son is in Highschool. I know from experience that transfering to a new city(in my case country) and school at that age sucks. Now if Chris Paul's family is really that close to them and the kids really do have that tight of a bond, houston would allow the kids to get acclimated the quickest. They could all go to the same school and such. I previously said he would be a bum if he didn't come here, but thinking about Lebron as a human being and a Father, I would hope he makes the right decision for his whole family! That I could respect whether that choice was Houston or not! I hope the rest of us feel the same way. That is what has seperated us between Jazz fans and Laker Fans. Our players are not just seen as a Circus act but Human beings as well. He can run that media company from anywhere. Even if he stayed in Clevland he'd find a way to make it out of the East, or at least out of the first round (he's not Tmac). I hope if he doesn't choose Houston, people here don't bash him on social media or boo him when he comes to town. Those are things Entitled Laker Fans do.

jch1911 and j@amc like this.
  18. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

i've seen a lot of his posts over the past year and maybe he really does just have a difference of opinion, but for the past few months, he's been very lakers-centric and all aboard the laker hype train. i don't care how negative of a fan you might be of your own team, you shouldn't be underselling the team you're supposedly rooting for. not that homerism is any better, but to single out posters who made no such guarantees as he has, and telling them to leave if they are wrong... i can't think of how ANY real rockets fan would ACTUALLY WANT lebron to join the lakers for the sake of just being able to rub it in everyone's face.

DonKnock and Corrosion like this.
  19. basketballholic

Don't be stupid. Just talk basketball and enjoy the game.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Please don't ever stop posting here Apache. You are truly a loyal die hard Houston Rockets fan. I know you felt the pain when Chris Paul went down, and I know you will be as ecstatic as any of us, with a 3rd Houston Rockets NBA Championship, either with Lebron or without him. Hope to hear from you shortly on the BBS.

D-rock likes this.