1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Coach asks: "What's the capital of Thailand?" Hilarity ensues.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Faos, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

HS coach charged for allegedly hitting students in groin

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/news/story?id=2725654

Associated Press

MONUMENT, Colo. -- A former high school basketball coach faces 39 charges for allegedly hitting male students in the groin, showing them p*rnography and pouring water on his players then driving them to games in the winter with the windows rolled down.

Gregory Lynn Burr, 28, face charges ranging from sexual assault on a child by one in a position of trust to child abuse resulting in serious bodily injury, according to court documents reviewed by The Gazette of Colorado Springs. One of the students claims to have had scrotal surgery because of Burr's alleged assault.

A student in documents said Burr would ask them, "What is the capital of Thailand?" When they would answer "Bangkok," he would hit them in the groin.

The incidents allegedly took place from September 2005 to March 2006 at The Monument Academy.

Burr's phone number in Colorado Springs was not listed. Burr attorney Phil Dubois told The Gazette Monday that the charges are unwarranted, adding, "Mr. Burr is not a sex offender or anything close to it."

Burr, who was arrested, posted $10,000 bail on Dec. 14, court records show.

Burr is no longer is employed at the charter school, which is part of the Lewis-Palmer School District 38, said Ted Belteau, the district's executive director of personnel and student services.

Burr's wife, Sharalee, was athletic director, coach of the girl's basketball team last season and a teacher at the school told the newspaper that she was fired.

In arrest records, some of the victims portrayed the incidents as Burr's misguided attempts at humor but said they kept quite for fear of getting kicked off the team. One student estimated some of the players were hit in the groin 30-40 times.

Another said the blows occurred at every practice, with the coach hitting them with his hand, basketballs and tennis balls.

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Geez, do you not realize when and where these jokes and pranks should take place as well as who you should pull them on? He deserves what he gets.

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

He should be put in jail for not realizing how old that joke really is...

4. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Weird. I'm having a hard time buying into the sensationalism. You hit a kid 30 to 40 times in the crotch, somebody is going to speak out. I just don't buy it.

And they'll never get the sexual touching charge unless they can prove the guy did it for sexual pleasure, and it doesn't sound sexual to me. The DA sure is going after this guy.

5. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Ok, if its my kid, I'd be PO'd...However, its not and I think its kinda funny...

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You'd think the 3rd or 4th kid would say something besides Bangkok.

7. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Sometimes I'm amazed at how long it takes for people to speak out and how much abuse they'll take. Still, this coach is like a perfect example of what happens when a bully grows up. He becomes an ******* highschool coach.

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I would have said Phuket.

9. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I wouldn't :eek: :eek: :eek:

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I think that may be the funniest thread title ever.

11. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Thanks. I figure I should hit the 10K post mark this year and I want to bring my posts up a notch.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Seriously, it's cracking me up. I literally can't not laugh when I read it.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Faos, you sure this isn't an old Phil Hendrie bit? Sounds like Vernon Dozier to me.

14. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Good grief. That is both funny and wrong. If I was one of those kids I would have beat the **** out of that guy. At least at 18 I would have. At 17 and lower I was still too much of a pushover.

15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

LOL. This coach sounds like a real cut-up.

16. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

I agree on the title. :D

17. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

CUP CHECK!!!!

Evan

18. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Yep, like "Smashface" and then haul off and punch the idiot out.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

These dumbass kids probably also fall for the "52 pickup" card game.

Tards.

20. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

All the fathers need to get together and humiliate him publicly. This guy could be ruined the rest of his life over this. How idiotic can someone be? Top 10 nominee, because he hasn't turned 30 yet and could have waited until he was 50 for the early retirement due to the insanity of teaching. He was way off.

I'm is a loss for words.