1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[cnnsi]Van Gundy Deserved Better

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 18, 2007.

1. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

IMHO Steve Patterson had less to to with building that team than his Dad Ray Patterson-still acting as president for part of that time. Steve Patterson alienated Olajuwan and did everything he could to trade him. The asking price was too high-according to Jerry colangelo of the Suns who was approached....

The basketball market kept Hakeem from being traded because of the asking price. Everyone -(GM's) knew Olajuwaon was very unhappy. The Lakers wanted him bad and had assets to deal....

2. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Yeah - like I'll come back and coach if you-- the owner begs me...Tell me what a good job I did

3. Panda

Panda Member

Here is the gist of things. What makes guys around here so sure that the Rockets were lying? Because JVG said it? What did the Rockets like about and what gains are there for them?

4. Panda

Panda Member

Sorry, it's supposed to be "lie", not "like".