1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[cnnsi]Playoffs disappear from TV in China

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 28, 2008.

?

what's going on?

1. No Yao, No Yi, No NBA

62 vote(s)
    30.7%
  2. No sports shown during tragedy

63 vote(s)
    31.2%
  3. Chinese NBA fans do want to see the playoffs! angry!

17 vote(s)
    8.4%
  4. Pryuen kicked down the TV towers cause the Rockets lost again

60 vote(s)
    29.7%
  1. heech

heech Contributing Member

This blog post is related to this:

http://blog.speak4china.com/?p=154
    ---------------------
    An open letter from a Chinese NBA fan

An open letter to NBA commissioner David Stern, and former Cleveland Cavalier Ira Newble.
    ----------------------

2. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

In USA, only TNT/ABC/ESPN showing NBA games. I didn't see NBC/CBS/Local channels showing NBA games. So what's the fuzz?

Yes "this is a NONE ISSUE."

3. donny

donny Member

because some political issue.I read it on ESPN.Stern express some issue about DarFur.The good news is NBA finals will be broadcast on June. :D

4. smasstastic

smasstastic Member

In America the nba playoffs are licensed by NBA. NBC CANNOT play them concurrently to the other networks.

As for the Darfur incident, leave David Stern out of this. Don't hate on a guy for encouraging discussion about genocide.

5. silentsky

silentsky Member

well, I guess you must be a high rank chinese governer as you seems knowing so much about the chinese gov not inspecting the collapsed schools at all. So why are you wasting your time here in the forum? go back to manage the country as its ppl need you, as Hu and Wen need you to tell them wut to do.

For your infomation, the chinese government reacted on chinese ppl's anger at the inappropriate opinion by Sharon. And that's wut we call ppl's government. I dont know if someone's jumping and say things like "it's intresting, wut comes around goes around" rit after 9/11, you can still keep cool and covert it with freedom of speech.

In national tragedy, there is no room for inappropriate opinion!

6. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

You have seriously reading comprehension problem.

Who's hating on David Stern here? Everyone is trying to argue that what's happening about the TV schedule NOW has nothing to do with what Newble or Stern said MORE THAN ONE FULL YEAR AGO. Is it easy enough for you to comprehend now?

Your reading comprehension ability is worse than a 5th grader.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

my point about sharon stone is she's a has been star and no one should really care what she says. especially a huge government.

8. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

'

Obviously I am following this issue as close as you do. So what has the Chinese government done to Sharon Stone? I can read some chinese and all I have been reading is that there is a uproar among the Chinese 'netizens' and the movie tycoons in Hong Kong and China vow not to buy Sharon Stone's movies to show there. So what has the Chinese government done? Please feel me in because you seem to know so much about what's going on there that other people do not know.

9. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

Obviously I am not following this news...

10. tinman

Supporting Member

hopefully the don't ban Total Recall, that was a good movie.

I know that in Hong Kong, there's a Krispy Kreme in the middle of town.

11. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

What movies have been banned or will be banned because of what Sharon Stone has said? Link?

Once again, all I have read is that the movie tycoons in Hong Kong and Chiona vows not to buy her movies. What else have been done by the government there? Link?

Once again, you seem to know so much that everyone else does not know. Please share your information and links with us.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

she lost her Dior advertising:

here's you link pal

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-05/30/content_8283080.htm

Dior drops Sharon Stone from advertising in China

BEIJING, May 30 (Xinhuanet) -- Christian Dior, the French fashion brand, has dropped American actress Sharon Stone from its advertising in China after the actress suggested the country's earthquake was "bad karma," media reported on Friday.

what's next?
    basic instinct ?

the point i'm trying to make, is that the more reaction to her statements will only make it worse. they really should have just ignored her. she's not a big movie star anymore. its not like Angelina Jolie said it.

#92 tinman, Jun 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ru1gfM5gCn0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ru1gfM5gCn0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ouOqx22Obns&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ouOqx22Obns&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

14. silentsky

silentsky Member

you have a point and I agree with part of it that we can simply ignor her. What I can't agree is that you think the chinese government was overeacted. The government was just reacted to its ppl since lot of chinese found their feeling hurted and requested the government to make a statment.

However, if it's me, I won't show my emotion to this kind of challenge as it is weak to be emotional. The madder you get, the happier they are. :p

15. tinman

Supporting Member

we live in society where people care what Paris Hilton says.
    The important people, no one cares what they say.

16. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

I didn't know the Chinese government owns Christian Dior and decided to teach her a lesson by ending the contract with her. So what other things the Chinese government has done to her? Any more information to share?

17. tinman

Supporting Member

she shows up on the news, doesn't the chinese government control that?

any more shots Luther Head?

18. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

She said something uncalled for. It is reported everywhere in the world. Everyone was talking about it on the internet. And she also showed up in the news there. That's what the government there has done to her. I really like your argument. Now you seem to be more smart than I thought.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

well considering how YOU are affected by what she said, I guess it must be very powerful.

cause if you don't value Sharon Stone as an important person, then you could careless what she says.

you can take some random person at the gas station and have them say the same thing she said, would you care? or better yet would it make around the world?

You realize people in America, really don't care what she says regardless if its about China or anything else.

20. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

You keep trying to change the topic. Why do you care what I feel about it? Why are you affected by what I feel now? You could care less what I feel.

I joined this thread again when I saw you said the following:

"...and no one should really care what she says. especially a huge government."

I am following this news too, even though may not be as closely as you are. And I have only read that it caused an uproar on the internet and the movie tycoons in China planned not to buy her movies. Since you seem to know a lot about what the government there has done to her that I did not know, I posted to request you to share your information. Why do you want to divert the topic and try to discuss what I feel?