1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CNN's Home Page Right Now

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Aug 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You should read the wiki...
    "The California Attorney General's Office granted O'Keefe and Giles limited immunity from prosecution in exchange for providing the full, unedited videotapes related to ACORN offices in California.[20] The AG's Report was released on April 1, 2010, concluding that the videos from ACORN offices in Los Angeles, San Diego, and San Bernardino had been "severely edited."

Nook likes this.
  2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

not **** its edited. so is the above video of Van Jones and the CNN producer. All news outlets edit videos. you said deceptively edited. You said he was sued for this. How does the AG claim O'Keefe deceptively edited a video? wanna try a 4th time?

Nobody in this thread has done more to bolster the credibility of O'Keefe in this thread than you Jay.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You really ought to do something about those zits. Perhaps you'll grow out of the condition. Good luck!

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Are you just not going to read the wiki excerpt unless I paste it here?
    Fine.

There. If you can still say with a straight face that he didn't deceptively edit a video then whatever.

I really tried but man, some people will always back their team and side NO MATTER what. I don't even care if you think CNN is dishonest, but to point to this guy and pretend he's any better is hilarious.

5. tallanvor

you claimed he was sued for deceptively editing a video. where ? when? what editing are you talking about? these arent hard question. From your bold words it sounds like you are claiming he edited out events that took place after he had left. that makes no sense. In the Vera case you are talking about he was sued for recording someone without thier permission (a crime in California) not for 'deceptively editing a video'. Everything in the video was accurate as it was portrayed. Vera confirms this claiming he played along to try and get evidence for the police.

You are basically confirming the validity of O'Keffe's videos with everything you link.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol, yeah, I guess I am confirming the validity for you. Not sure you speak for everyone else though who actually isn't as partisan as you.

Hey, the man deceptively edited a video, got someone fired for doing that (which prompted the lawsuit by the way), and continues to edit his videos in the same way. Totally believable! It seems you don't understand that a plaintiff is going to try and get the easiest charge they can get, and that was a sure fire win for them...yet all you do is ignore the whole bit about editing, cover your eyes and go "Nothing to see here!"

Deceptive editing! Is he a conservative? Oh, nevermind!

Some random guy that works for CNN says there is nothing to the Russia story? Now that, that's the dishonest lying media for you!

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well there's always someone out there trying to defend the indefensible. I suppose it's noble.

That said, anyone who doesn't recognize the political bias of CNN is just crazy. You might as well be saying that FoxNews or MSNBC aren't incredibly biased cable news networks. The truth is that all 3 are biased and they use their platform to push political narratives and chase ratings. I would hope that we'd all realize that all we are doing if we watch those networks is consuming their spin and that none of it is true journalism.

8. tallanvor

what deceptive editing? what did he do? for the love of god explain or stop posting. You keep purposely linking to **** that is not him being sued for deceptively editing anything.

This is it? he showed himself wearing a pimps outfit when really he wore a suit? that's it? that's the deceptive editing you speak of? He was never sued for this. And i cant imagine anything more meaningless.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They are all biased, that much I think most can agree on. Like I said, if someone is of the opinion that CNN is biased to a fault and shouldn't be taken at face value, I think that's a reasonable opinion to have and more people should be critical of all their media and 'journalists'.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol, I just did...in MULTIPLE posts, you simply flat out ignored them. How can I tell you what he did when the videos were shown in court? Sorry brah, I wasn't in the court that day, but I'll trust the judge's opinion on it over yours.

11. tallanvor

utter bullshit. you showed him being sued for fraud and recording someone without their permission.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In that case we agree. CNN does push "fake news" much like Fox News or MSNBC and so long as people aren't trying to suggest that they are somehow better than that IMO there's not a problem. People should be skeptical of anything they hear from any of these entertainment stations for a host of reasons.

cml750 and JayGoogle like this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Do you know what the legal definition of fraud is? That's exactly what the video did lol.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What? Are people actually defending O'Keefe? LOL. He's a criminal and a fraud. He has yet to produce one real piece of journalism.

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

LOL! So now you are admitting they were deceptively edited but want to argue because that wasn't the cause of the lawsuit? You do realize that doesn't make O'Keefe any more credible, right?

The video was edited taking conversations out of sequence and changing them so that it would change the meaning. Keep it up. When you are defending O'Keefe, you don't actually have leg to stand on in criticizing any other journalism.

16. tallanvor

fraud for applying for a job with a false name. not editing a video.

17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Doc, you do understand that the links provided do show there was deceptive editing, right?

JayGoogle likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

He understands... he is just trying to somehow defend someone he even acknowledges as a fraud because the fraud is attacking the "media" which somehow defends/supports Trump. The irony... defending fraud in attacking "fake media".

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I realize that the woman Trump is attacking isn't on CNN, but this seems part of Trump's broader way with the "MSM", so seems reasonable to discuss in this thread. Do Trump supporters think this degrades the office of the president?

Trump attacks 'Morning Joe' hosts in crude tweets about bleeding face-lift
    Regretfully Sarah Huckabee Sanders found it part of her job to defend Trump's tweets:
    At least a few republicans didn't check their integrity at the partisan door and voiced how offensive the tweets were:
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/29/trump-targets-morning-joe-hosts-in-tweet-240085[/QUOTE]

20. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[/QUOTE]

Oh captain, my captain.