1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[cnn]NBA star Michael Jordan put his Highland Park home up for sale

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, Mar 5, 2012.

1. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2012/real_estate/1202/gallery.michael-jordan-home-sale/index.html
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    NBA star Michael Jordan put his Highland Park home up for sale on Wednesday. The listing price: $29 million.

The 56,000 square-foot contemporary home, which is located in a suburb of Chicago, has three levels, including 9 bedrooms and 5 fireplaces on more than 7 acres of property.

In addition to the main house, there is a three-bedroom guesthouse, a pool area with an indoor and outdoor entertaining area, an outdoor tennis court, a putting green, a water pond and three separate climate-controlled garages.

Naturally, there is a fully-equipped indoor basketball court, which was completed in 2001. It has custom cushioned hardwood floors, adjustable backstops and baskets, a separate sound system and high-intensity lighting. There is also a separate entrance and parking area.

This eating area off of the kitchen seems to get sunlight from every direction, with a skylight overhead and plenty of windows.

There's also a wine and cigar room with custom wood finishes.

Jordan had the house custom built in 1993, after winning three NBA championships with the Chicago Bulls. He then fully renovated it in 2009. It is being sold furnished with some exceptions.

The gates on the estate bear the number 23, the number Jordan famously wore when he played for the Chicago Bulls. It has since been retired in his honor.

The estate is listed by Katherine Chez Malkin of Baird & Warner Real Estate but interested buyers must provide verified financial references in advance of a showing.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Kobe probably buys it so he can put 24 on the door.

2 people like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He has to share that money with Vanessa

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

I guess the Bobcats aren't paying the bills.

5. white-lite

white-lite Member

Very nice...

6. pirc1

pirc1 Member

Wonder why he is selling the home.

7. what

what Member

I don't understand buying a home like this. I suppose it has to do with ego, but that place looks so utilitarian and lifeless.

A home should be a home and not an office building.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

If I ever become rich enough, I'd probably build an indoor court just like that. None of that swimming pool crap.

9. BigSherv

BigSherv Member

[​IMG]

10. Amel

Amel Member

I agree, way to contemporary, does not have that warmth

11. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

What does a 56000 square foot home suppose to look like?

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

You will never understand because you are not on Michael Jordan's level.:)

13. what

what Member

That's right, but even if I could afford it I would never buy something that looked like a compound. I'd buy something probably that was made by frank lloyd wright.

14. SPF35

SPF35 Member

a "home" and 'warmth'/'comfort' is all subjective, so way to impose your idea of what should be comfortable for MJ....

And as far as the bobcats, not only idd he assume their dept, they've been losing on operation cost every single year of their existence in charlotte I believe. So makes sense

15. what

what Member

if I had 29 million this is the house i'd buy:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9CVKU3ErrGM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. SPF35

SPF35 Member

I think its a great house, but thats the point, to some people home is in the hustle and chaos of NYC, to others in the woods, etc etc. To sit here and bash mj for getting a house he likedand he didnt run around showing it off, that was his escape from the madness of people being obsessed with it, this is the first time i've seen it opened doors. i just think its ridiculous to say what peoples' taste should be

17. fadeaway

fadeaway Member

That house has 19 bathrooms...

19 frigging bathrooms.

You could crap in a different bathroom for each day of the month (not counting weekends). Holy cow!

18. what

what Member

i don't speak for everybody. Just myself. If you like it then it's okay. I don't think my opinion is better than anybody else's on the matter.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

"I suppose it has to do with ego"