1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CNN: N Korea fires at S Korea, injuring 6 soldiers!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by t_mac1, Nov 23, 2010.

Tags:
  1. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

They sunk a S.Korean boat and nothing happened, why is anything going to happen now? They both will just throw harsh words at each other....but no action...

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Well, North Korea might also throw some grenades. I would consider that action.

3. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. I do think the US will try and get the UN involved as well.

N. Korea will keep pushing buttons. I'm going to laugh when someone drops a big ass bomb on them though... I thought they were already low on several resources to even start a war. Gas and etc.

I wouldn't doubt it if China found a way to help them out...

4. trustme

trustme Member

If this goes on to a full blown war, and China backs N Korea, and we back S Korea, how do you think Yao Ming would react?

5. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Hopefully he'll play better...

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

in the internment camp bball league?

1 person likes this.
  7. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Just saw on the news that S. Korea vows enormous retaliation if N. Korea strikes again.

I don't think N. Korea will strike.

8. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Half his salary goes to his home country, so monetarily he'll be happy, I a assuming he'll react like these people.......

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GSree1pNoXE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GSree1pNoXE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

China doesn't want N. Korea to start a war or get involved in a war. It would cause great damage to the Chinese economy. Once N. Korea collapsed all the refugees flooding into China would seriously drain their economy. China is well aware of the fact.

10. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Are the North Koreans getting short of food again and want some attention?

How about we carpet bomb them with escape plans and mre's?

11. glynch

No oil.

12. glynch

True they have something ridiculous like 50,000 artillery pieces that can hit Seoul and disrupt Sanyo, KIA, Hyundai and our 401(k)'s.

13. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Not to mention the US will back the South and China will back the North. China doesn't want to get into an indirect war with the US, and the same goes for the US.

Hopefully China will tell the North to chill. Doubt they will listen though. Things may get interesting.

14. glynch

The same group like Sen. Inhofe GOP OKLA who doesn't want Israel to cede
    any land to the Palestinians so the 2nd Coming will come and they can be raptured.

1 person likes this.
  15. Raven

Raven Member

Be prepared to say goodbye to Seoul.

:(

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

NK is a freaking pain. Their trans-aggression keeps coming if nothing is done about it. I think their moves are calculated. South so far has been restrained and fearful of a war disrupting or even ruining the economy. North knows this well. They are the poor and rouge. Destroying economy and the country means nothing to them. While I am optimisticthat things will change drastically in NK after Kim Jing Il dies, there has to be some action to stop North's trans-aggression.

17. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

What good can come out of a war? NOTHING!!

18. rage

rage Member

I don't know if we should be so quick to condemn N. Korea until we 've heard the whole story.

From what little I read, South Korea held a naval exercise, fired artillery close to North Korean coast and the North Korean retaliated.

Even if the S. Korea did not fire onto N. Korea land, why do they have to have military exercise so close to the border?

19. dback816

dback816 Member

Yes but apparently the South informed the North ahead of the time about this exercise.

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

North Korea knows that we won't do jack **** because we are already fighting two wars. Shall we go for the trifecta?