1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

CNN Exposes Themselves as Propagandists & Fearmongers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by waytookrzy079, Apr 14, 2021.

1. SuraGotMadHops

I figured everybody knew this already

waytookrzy079 and J.R. like this.
  2. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

u got me

3. dmoneybangbang

Again.... LOL @ project veritas. Also this video is old.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

1. I already know CNN is crap.

2. Make this a Project Veritas free zone. If there is anyone with less credibility than CNN, it's Project Veritas.

DonnyMost, adoo and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Who here defends CNN?

Name one poster or STFU.

Nobody here has ever defended CNN.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Yeah.... There's maybe like a half dozen democratic loyalist dolts around here who will go to the mat for CNN. Its a small minority.

That being said, you can tell from all the "what about FOX" posts in this thread that liberals' concerns with whataboutism is fairly skin deep.

DVauthrin and B-Bob like this.
  7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Most liberals here actually have their own opinions and don't post opinion pieces. They post facts to support their own opinions. It's the conservative posters who post opinion pieces and use it as their own.

Reeko, mdrowe00 and DVauthrin like this.
  8. Salvy

Salvy Member

They just won in court vs New York times in defamation lawsuit.... You are either brainwahsed or refuse to accept anything outside of your comfort and propaganda induced train of thought. Are about sue twitter and CNN for the same thing you are doing, cant wait for all the propaganda networks to go down for the same thing you do. Pass a certain group as bogus and false just because you feelings and narratives cant coexist with it.

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  9. Salvy

Salvy Member

Everyone blowing Project Veritas off is defending CNN, the video is legit. The $hit he admitted to is legit, although not surprising. If it was a conservative network you would be calling for their heads but since they just so happen to agree with your political views lets just say " Project Veritas lol? Seriously" ... Nah, own up to it, CNN, Big Tech, Most Media Networks, Hollywood are all pushing this bs Covid, Racism, Defund The Police, Trans everything Trump bad, Conservatives bad propaganda..... Its BS, they are all lies.... Just own up to it, admit this is happening.

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That tells me I never need to respond to you again.

Why you so mad bro?

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The demo for people who still get news from cable TV is generally boomers and hs only graduates.

Yall are mostly talking through each other.

I guess there are the occasional folk here who will post Tucker or Cuomo tripe, but I'm not sure they're taken seriously.

12. Salvy

Salvy Member

Mad, nah.... Was the video doctored? Maybe just role playing?

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This is totally false I am very educated, not a boomer and I get news from cable TV and the cable news demo is definitely not just boomers and HS only graduates.

Not everybody believes everything they say on cable news and not everything said on cable news is false.

Where do you get your news and why is that better?

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Do you know that the video was not doctored?

15. Invisible Fan

I get my news mostly on here, print media sites and twitter.

I've said it before, but cable news operates on emotion fueled ratings, scorebaords and cheerleading. With TV, you're forced to sit through a presentation before getting to substantial bits that matter.

I'll watch an occasional John Oliver or Daily Show, but the delivery is similar with the intent of keeping you engaged.

You'll still get bias with any source, but it's easier to sift through reading bullshit than hearing it. It's like the trick of turning on captions to understand a show's plot better.

Talking with your friends when things happen is the worst because you're more ready to accept each other's assertions (let's say 5 out of 10) when it's face to face. Programs like Tucker play that role in being a (punchable) face they can trust while reinforcing their echo chambers during pot lucks.

I will also avoid consuming hot button issues until a good two or three weeks later when it's harder to throw out an unconfirmed source or rumor and replaying it as "traction" for a deeper puzzle. Doesn't mean I'll read it when it grabs my attention, but I'm not going all out pinning down every data point possible.

When you don't know, it's okay to admit that you don't know. I doubt anyone really does at that point in time.

16. Invisible Fan

BTW, I'm not sure why pointing out demographics is "totally false" when you're not in the general category. More like...where is your source for your claim on demographics.

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok so why did you say what you said about boomers and hs graduates and cable news?

It's all about critical thinking being able to do the research on your own and not all cable news operates on emotion filled outrage, you are painting with a very broad brush especially considering you get news from twitter which is the most emotionally fueled place there is.

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

I don't agree with you on most things but I do consider you to be genuinely smart, I can't fathom even the slightest doubt about the validity of the video. I just cant possibly believe that you believe even in the slightest that its doctored.

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That graphic does not support what you said it shows that those people you mention get there news from different places and cable news demographics are varied.

Right in the title it says the HS graduates types get most of their news from social media.

20. Invisible Fan

I read twitter to make up for things I don't normally read on nyt, wapo, wsj, bloomberg. I tried reading con sources but didn't like sifting through headlines.

Don't let me stop you from watch your cable TV.

Just weird to see people complaining about our current state of political discourse when the media and their corporate bottom line are a huge part of the problem rather than the solution.

You are what you eat.