1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CNN Exposes Themselves as Propagandists & Fearmongers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by waytookrzy079, Apr 14, 2021.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

seriously? Liberals around here trash CNN on the regular. At least this liberal sure does.

Given Project Veritas’s history of lying and manipulation, I’m going to hard pass on their vids, but CNN is fear-mongering angertainment closer to FOX than anything we should consider legit.

2. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Conservatives' obsession with how much they think liberals watch CNN feels an awful lot like projection to deflect from how much FOX News they consume.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

lol

4. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

^ see what I did there?

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

for real...I can’t remember the last time I even had the channel on CNN

Maybe for a little bit on election night? It’s been so long.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm denying everything in that video. Project Veritas has yet to be correct in any of their stories ever. They are wrong in this one too. I don't like being in the position of having to defend CNN.

It is all editing.

For example if I ask you, "Have you ever eaten ice cream?" and you answer "Yes". I filmed it and have that footage.
    If I also asked you, "Do you like to kidnap children and torture them?" then you answered angrily, "I would never!"
    Then I could film myself asking, "Will you ever stop kidnapping and children?"

So with editing, I can film me asking the question, "Do you like to kidnap children and torture them?" and then your answer "Yes", then film me asking "Will you ever stop kidnapping and torturing children?" Then play your answer, ""I would never!" and you are answering angrily.

Then since I'm project Veritas, I would dress up like a 70's pimp and film me walking around.

That is how Project Vertias works. IT is why he never releases the unedited footage. He used to release it, and then he was exposed.

RocketWalta, ROCKSS, Blatz and 7 others like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

kinda like John Wall highlights videos

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I've not see a single person here who thinks "CNN =. Good"

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  9. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Fair enough. But that does sound an awful lot like all major news networks.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All major news networks do edit, and often edit to have the story follow an angle. However, they also maintain and have released the unedited footage, and allow people to oversee their work.

Like I said, I certainly don't like defending CNN. I hate it.

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

CNN is fine, and was great before Fox News forced them to care about ratings. Local news is basically forced community service and ad space for car dealers and furniture stores, and nobody's reading government press releases or Congressional Quarterly, so cable news fills the void.

jiggyfly and dmoneybangbang like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

14. DonatelloLimestone

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/...trump-show-offered-debate-advice-in-2016-call

Zucker is a big sports fan, and from the early days of the campaign had spoken at editorial meetings about wanting to incorporate elements of ESPN’s programming into CNN’s election coverage. “The idea that politics is sport is undeniable, and we understood that and approached it that way,” he told me.

Fox and msnbc are almost obviously embarrassingly partisan, cnn is a joke.

sadly an informed electorate is integral to a functioning democracy and accountab
    ility, checks, and balances. They have muddied the water that now polarized politics sounds like a blind homerism of rockets vs mavs.
    In the end of the day, the citizens lose, only winners are media ratings, profiles, and politicians able to somehow sustain their positions despite terrine approval for almost all of em by pointing to the other team while they all have offensive fundraising practices, gerrymandering, and sustain their own power.

Rather then put low level non violent members in jail while both sides have supported an abusife private prison, rather save room to make worth the 30-80k we spend per prisoner for any public servant we entrust with the powers privileges of the people and abuses it, that goes for politicians, judges, sheriffs, cops, school super intendents, nra head, teachers unions, police unions, city commissioners whoever.

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

MSNBC is crazy left leaning but their anchors are crazy smart. You can't buy yourself a Rhodes Scholarship.

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

You want to put teachers union reps in jail because Jeff Zucker said politics coverage could be like sports coverage?

17. DonatelloLimestone

nope, the idea of unions are important and integral, the abuse of them is what I’m saying should goto jail. That goes for any power institutional structure. Likewise with police, a union is reasonable but they’ve perverted the idea of reasonable protections to almost totally immunity and turning a blind eye. Likewise there are teachers unions that don’t want accountability,

like I mentioned don’t make this a polarized binary option, that’s what fox msnbc and cnn seem to do. It panders to our knee jerk reactions but in no way do I want “to put teacher union reps in jail because Jeff sucker said politics coverage could be like sports coverage”, Jeff said it is ans that’s how they cover it and that’s evident. If I say some corrupt education board and superintendent giving a golden package to someone who was asked to step down due to misconduct, that doesn’t mean I want to put education board members in jail. There re abuses and sadly power draws self selected type of group. It’s never always the case, but it happens and we need more transparency and accountability when they abuse public resources and trust

18. DonatelloLimestone

even the nbpa, billy hunter abused practices, helped himself to sweet heart deals, used nepotism to pay his kids. He should’ve been fired and fined and held accountable much earlier the amount he got away with, that doesn’t mean “ I want to jail players unions reps” maybe only billy hunter would say that, there are those who abuse it and they hurt the trust and effectiveness of those integral institutions

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Then maybe you should of expressed some nuance in this in your first statement because you placed teacher unions and police unions on the same plane with zero context which of course is going to get people to scratch their heads.

20. DonatelloLimestone

that’s fine, I’m saying unions are important and employees of any sort should have the right. What I’m also saying there are a lot of those things that are vital and important and just, but when you uncover the hood as I gave the nbpa example there can be untouchable unprotected abusive practices and we need to have more access, transparency, accountability not to find some holier than art thou title of don’t ever question if I’m being efficient bc my name is the teachers union, are they efficiently and effectively serving their purpose, what administrative cost are so on and so fourth, likewise with police unions, likewise with politicians, judges so on and so forth. I’m saying good things can be ran badly or inefficiently, the power structure can be self dealing and when they do this with very important matters with people relying on it yet Hinding behind a brand we lose public trust in them, waste public resources.

so that’s what I mean any elected or appointed official who has the privilege and responsibility and power entrusted by the people and its constituents should be held to the highest standard, accessibility checks, balances, transparency should be accepted especially when they use public resources. The answer can’t be “you want teachers unions in jail” bc that really misconstrues when I want any unions or groups to run well, efficiently, openly with accountability