1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CNN evacuated after discovery of bomb

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Oct 24, 2018.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/25/politics/bombs-suspicious-packages-what-we-know/index.html
    Here is a report from within the hour. There were pipe bombs sent to some. The "white powder" is being described as "pyrotechnic powder" that was also in the pipe bombs sent. At least one of the pipe bombs also contained glass.

One new package was sent to Robert DiNiro.

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I was one of the first to call out the responsible party but with a preface that I didn't know who it was. I am tight roping because we shouldn't assume the responsible party at this point.

3. mick fry

mick fry Member

There’s one problem with the Dems attempt to steal the midterms, there will be those offended in the party that they were not considered bombable.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

steal the midterms? What are you talking about?

5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

7. mick fry

mick fry Member

Cmon man you know.
    [​IMG]

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is a Democrat false flag operation to prevent massive Republican gains in the midterms.

Brett Kavanaugh has been beatified for sainthood by the Pope and Blasey Ford will be sentenced to prison for perjury and maybe treason any day now.

George Soros is in league with ISIS to sneak terrorists into the country via the caravan.

Try and keep up. All of these thing have been proven by iron clad incontravertable evidence.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Getting people to respond sarcastically to lunatic conspiracy theories is the response they want.

What they don't want to focus on - the President of the United States is encouraging his followers to commit violence against his political opponents, and his followers are responding with an assassination campaign.

Impeach that piece of ****.

edwardc and Rashmon like this.
  10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Ahh, I see.

11. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

None of what you wrote contradicts the reporting that the bombs were harmless. glass next to a harmless bomb is still harmless. pyrotechnic powder (described as?) next to a harmless bomb is harmless.

The very fact that none of the bombs has gone off kind of lends credibility to the claim these bombs are not capable of exploding.

cml750 likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I see you are now picking up on the rightwingnut version that the bombs sent are "fakes" and "fake news". Telling.

Lou Dobbs tweeted that, then must have received complaints and deleted the tweet... you might want to consider the same.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...de-niro-latest-live-updates-explosive-devices

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/25/politics/bombs-suspicious-packages-what-we-know/index.html

Its too early to know for sure, but the bombs clearly were sent to terrorize, whether they exploded or not.

13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Haven't called anything fake news and what i posted is from the AP. not exactly rightwing.

https://www.apnews.com/5c93ac06309c4ce88e8cd5023f89feca

thats not clear at all

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I have no idea who or which group or political alignment sent the group. I will say that they are trying very hard to make it appear that Democrats and left-leaning celebs are the targets. Putting Wasserman-Schultz as a return address seems like it is just piling on a bit too much. They are trying too hard. I don't know whether it is to try and scare Democrats, send a signal that it's rallying time to right-wing groups, or to frame the Trump supporters. It could also be a foreign group who might want to divert attention from a scandal in which they are involved. It could also be allies of that government in the United States trying to divert attention from them.

There are a lot of possibilities.

cml750 likes this.
  15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Man, people have gone crazy, and I don't mean the bomber. Is it a liberal? Is it a conservative? Right now I don't much care. He's a criminal that must be caught posthaste. When the FBI gets him, if there's a direct line back to Soros or to the Koch Brothers or Vladimir Putin then we can pursue that and all the political wreckage that comes with it. But right now having 'hunches' about the political leanings of the perp is utter foolishness. The perp is foremost a criminal and a terrorist and deserves the full wrath of the American judicial system. His political sympathies aren't relevant unless he's literally working for someone else, because his allegiances are not reciprocated. I have my cynicisms about politicians, but no way do any of these guys running for the House, the Senate, or Governor, Democrat or Republican, condone this crime in order to increase their chances of winning.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

A right wing assassination campaign, incited, aided and abetted by years of right wing lunacy and encouragement of violence by the President and the leaders of the party - and JuanValdez, GUY WHO HAS OPINIONS, flies in with a bucket of bothsideism to defuse the tensions.

Good job juan, good effort, model citizen. Let's talk some bond issue bro.

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

And do not take the pills @John Oliver is taking.

AleksandarN likes this.
  18. No Worries

Evidence is for the weak of mind.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. cml750

cml750 Member

Exactly. This is exactly why I posted what I did. It makes no sense for the side that is winning to shoot themselves in the foot. Either a left leaning crazy or a foreign power is the only thing that makes sense.

20. No Worries

100 million illegals in that caravan that are heading to red states to vote.

hey, it could happen.

FranchiseBlade likes this.