1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CNN evacuated after discovery of bomb

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Oct 24, 2018.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The logic that "this looks bad on our side therefore terrorism would be non existent" just doesn't play out in reality. If that were the case, zero extremist Muslims would suicide bomb, zero Christians would bomb abortion clinics. Zero racists would shoot up Sikh temples, Timothy Mchveigh wouldn't exist. Dylan Roof wouldn't shoot up a black church.

Hatred trumps rationality with individuals who commit terrorist acts. Out of 330 million people, is it really that absurd to think that a small group of individuals hate CNN, Obama, Clinton to the point where their hate trumps their rationality?

Well, if hate never trumps rationality, terrorism would be non-existent.

If you genuinely believe this narrative that "this looks too bad for a right winger to commit because they should know it only hurts their cause" you should then rationally conclude that terrorism does not exist. Only false flag operations because there is no terrorist act that actually helps the terrorist gain sympathy for their cause.

#141 fchowd0311, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  2. IVFL

IVFL Member

Even more proof, no denial!!!!!!! Don't try and deflect and turn this back on me just because it's hitting too close to home.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

Oh man, it's like terrorists are complete morons who don't understand their actions don't garner sympathy for their cause.

Wow, what a novel concept.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Like I said killer, I don't plan on denying anything, I'm fine with you looking stupid. By all means, keep it up.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Very true. If this is an act of someone on the right, like the Scalise shooter, the hatred would over rule poltical rationale. You could pick any theory you want right now but there is certainly one that shoots up to the top, and often the most obvious answer is almost always the right one but we just have to wait and see.... and we also cannot rule out foreign influence.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  6. IVFL

IVFL Member

Yet like a moth to the flame, you keep returning to the conversation, much like a criminal returning the scene of the crime. Ohhhhhh "Killer" project much???? I am seeing right through your facade

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The possibilities that require the fewest assumptions are likely to be the most valid.

For it to be someone on the right you have to assume that they are crazy AND that they don't realize how they are harming what they stand for.

For it to be someone on the left you just have to assume that they are crazy.

For it to be foreign interference you just have to assume that they want to cause chaos.

It's the reason why I think 2 of them are more likely than the other.....though all are very possible.

cml750 likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So what have you been reading, Astrodome? I've been reading unadulterated crap from far-right conspiracy theorists attempting to blame an attack on a whole host of Democratic leaders on Democrats. if you actually believe that garbage, then you have a whole lot less going on upstarirs than I thought. I get no pleasure from saying that, but you deserve it for not calling out those responsible. And why don't you? Because you believe the same madness? Be careful what tightrope you walk on, dude. You might fall off and land in a pile of steaming irrelevance.

9. fchowd0311

That isn't how it works.

If you are trying to apply Occam's Razor which I'm assuming you are attempting, you also have to factor in the concept of opportunity cost to your assumptions.

The opportunity cost here is a FBI manhunt which will eventually lead to decades in prison.

For your second scenario to be more plausible, you would have to assume that someone's desire for a political party to win the midterms overcomes their desire to not be the center of an FBI man hunt and potential decades in prison.

That is why if you apply Occam's Razor along with factoring in opportunity cost, the first scenerio is more plausible because hatred is a much more strong motivating factor to risk a FBI manhunt.

The latter is proven to be true time and time again with every genuine terrorist incident. No terrorist has garnered sympathy for their cause in the US with their terrorist actions. And all their actions stem from hatred.

Thus hatred is more likely to trump self preservation than politiking.

joshuaao likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If you don't think that's a serious possibility.....well let's face it, no one thinks you have anything going on upstairs.

cml750 likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

Bobby is essentially trying to make an argument that terrorism does not exist. Only false flag operations.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You left the "F" off of "false" flag. I don't see Bobby's posts, thank god.

13. fchowd0311

[/QUOTE]
    Thanks, I'm typing from my phone currently half asleep.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Heck, I wish I could sleep.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yeah I don’t even know why people are going back and forth with him lol. Just talk to a wall. It’s more productive.

fchowd0311, B-Bob and Deckard like this.
  16. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Saw it on /r/trashy

Just a random douchebag on YouTube. Lots of rambling about other things, but the obvious glee from this really guy gets me. And the assurances that he doesn't support violence, right before he makes it clear he support violence sounds familiar.

Nook likes this.
  17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yeah, you're an *******.

superfob, No Worries and Rashmon like this.
  18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I’m out on vacation and I don’t feel like researching things...are these bombs real or fake?

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The FBI is describing them as actual explosive devices - pipe bombs that could kill or maim those close to them were they to go off. Like someone opening the package at their desk, for example. What they don't know, at least that I've heard, is how effectively they could be set off. They also don't know who sent them, if it was an individual or a group, and so on.

They are showing x-rays of some of them and they certainly look like pipe bombs. Some have shrapnel inside, besides the explosive material, with wires leading to some sort of switch, presumably setting off the device when the package is opened. None have gone off, thank goodness, but they are still looking for one that was sent to Joe Biden. It's somewhere in the postal system. There could be others out there, as well. I think the FBI will have definitive information about the pipe bombs tomorrow, at least how they were made. That's an opinion. They're pretty smart people when it comes to this stuff.

robbie380 likes this.
  20. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

robbie380 likes this.