1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CNN: "Don't be nosy about Fast and Furious"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Hightop, Jun 27, 2012.

1. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Those two things are nothing alike. That hardly even makes sense. As it is clear you are trying to play a character, I'll help you out, even a 17 year old can make a better comparison than that. Try harder.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Suck it -- prepare for four more years... and then you have Hillary in 2016.

3. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I'm hoping for Beth Warren

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Fast and Furious isn't about Obama. It is about the BATFE. Deal with it.

And by deal with, I mean the BATFE. They shouldn't be allowed to get away with murder like they have for the past 20 years.

5. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

This is the point of every single one of the hundreds of Hightop threads that include nothing more than an article: OMG OBAMA SUX IS SOCILAISMS SO U SHOOD VOTE 4 RON PAUL BECUZ HE WILL SAVE THE UNIVERSES!!!!!!

That's it. There is no deeper meaning.

6. thadeus

The sad thing about all of this is the MASSIVE amount of cash that the federal government spends on intelligence/enforcement agencies in comparison with the meagre results they achieve and the often disastrous mistakes involved.

7. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

All the while our social systems crumble...

8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I would of thought 'the sad thing about all of this' was the 300 dead Mexicans and the 2 dead fed agents. Oh wait, liberals don't care about them.

9. Hightop

Hightop Member

That big-government-loving creepy **** wont do crap to stop stuff like this. Her and Clinton's warped, backwards mentality is root the problem. They love their federal agencies & war on drugs / guns etc etc.

10. Hightop

Hightop Member

Abolish the IRS, and end the Fed - they wont get any more "money" to spend.

11. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

You'd have to repeal the Primary Dealers Act too because they're required to bid at all Treasury auctions. You'd also have to eliminate the Treasury Department altogether because while there is a limit on paper currency, it can mint as many coins as it wants.

So really, you're talking:
    - Eliminating the federal government
    - Putting tens of millions of people out of job (either govt employees or private sector companies that rely on govt contracts)
    - Forcing individual states into austerity due to the lack of a fiscal union (similar to the Europe situation right now)

Thereby creating:
    - A severe contraction of productive output
    - Economic collapse
    - Likely hyperinflationary currency rejection

Sure, that sounds perfectly logical to me. If there are problems with the system, don't fix them. Just destroy the system and create much bigger problems so that the current problems don't matter any more.

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Don't forget that our president made fun of Special Olympians, so maybe this low-class insult just "runs in the family" with the left...

it's disgusting.

http://youtu.be/2HOBTUCv4o0

13. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

You talk to your mother with that mouth?

14. thadeus

Here's a clue: My disagreement with the conservative party line does not make me a "liberal."

Also: You're right. I think it sucks that an idiotic program run by BATFE may have caused the deaths of innocent people. But, I don't care about those people. I never met any of them, they're not my neighbors, and I'm not going to pretend to have feelings I don't have. What I do care about is the massive amount of cash that the federal government is spending on programs that are, at best, ineffective, and, at worst, absolutely murderous.

P.S. stop using rock logic. DO HULK SMASH OR DO HULK NO SMASH!? Just because you cling to a particular ideology, and then accept everything the leaders of that ideology command you to accept, doesn't mean that anyone who disagrees with you automatically joins an opposing ideological group.

In a way though, I am in an opposing ideological group - I oppose stupidity.

#34 thadeus, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  15. thadeus

I stubbed my toe on my ottoman, so I burned down my apartment. I won't stub my toe on that ottoman again!

1 person likes this.
  16. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

damn. pwned.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I too know someone with Down's Syndrome. And they know that analogy is terrible.

18. Nook

Nook Member

20 years? Try 30+ years.