1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

C'mon Les... time to admit you screwed up..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sweetbobl, May 11, 2011.

Tags:
  1. sweetbobl

sweetbobl Member

The Wizards went with the retro unis... so why can't the Rockets go back?

Bring back the classic Clutch City uniforms! Would there be ONE complaint from a Rocket fan?

I still can't believe a team would change uniforms after winning 2 championships. It wasn't even like they were dated.

Please bring back Red and Yellow, Les!

2. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

3. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

The wizards are the bullets again?

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

^ Wizards are the Bullets in everything but name. My roommate is from DC and he's stoked about it.

Great idea OP. Unoriginal, but great nonetheless. We want our retros back.

5. Marteen

Marteen Member

It might be that the organization keeps those colors to go with the Toyota logo. At least it seems that way to me. Unless Toyota changes colors, I don't thinkt he jerseys will be changed any time soon.

But if someone knows why they keep those jerseys like that, let us know! :(

6. gah

gah Member

When I was a kid, I asked my mother for a Grant Hill jersey (Pistons in blue) what I got was a red Bullets friggin Michael Adams jersey instead, I almost cried. :eek: Apparently the pain was big enough that I had to come here and vent 15 years later.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Ha. That's a pretty random choice of hers. Did you live in DC?

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Rockets now have one of the 3 worst jerseys in the league.

1 person likes this.
  9. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

The Wizards jersey are soo sick that I might even watch 1 game to see how great they look in action!

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I thought this would be another thread about firing coaches. But yeah, he screwed up. Those pajama unis plunged the team into the dark ages.

11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's all about the corporate link you alluded to and of course the Chinese Connection....what a sellout.

C'mon Les, bring back the red and yellow - Let's rebuild and at the same time start getting our identity back.

12. gah

gah Member

Nowhere near. She probably got all confused in the store and asked for a NBA jersey, I assume they ran to the darkest corner of their warehouse and got the one Jersey they thought they would never sell.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

LOL - they were wearing those since 1971 - that's why they had that dumb 60's/70's era font with the lowercase e and t.... Trust me if anything was dated, it was the crimson and mustard. Probably the most overrated thing on this BBS aside from Vernon Maxwell.

14. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Why does everyone hate on the current jersey? I understand the stupid navy one but this one is not bad.

15. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Agreed. The replacements unfortunately have all been far worse and that is why we are still talking about them. Get a real designer to design them this time.

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Actually, I remember quite a few fans complaining about the "mustard and ketchup" jerseys. A great many fans were looking forward to new uniforms. That is, until they unveiled the new uniforms and they were those hideous clown pajamas. It's only been in the years since we have now repeatedly failed to produce a better jersey that people seem to unanimously clamor for the old jerseys.

17. pge71188

pge71188 Member

[​IMG]

They should use these. See many people with them at Home games.

18. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'd be happy if they made the ketchup/mustard alternates the real jerseys. I still remember the very place I was standing when I saw the article about them ditching the championship uniforms for that godawful space shark.

19. sweetbobl

sweetbobl Member

The jerseys are simple and tasteful. Nobody complains about the Yankees, Steelers, and Celtics jerseys being old or outdated. Change the font, if you want, but leave the style and color.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

That's because they incorporated a classic look that is regarded as such because it's been around for nearly 100 years and incorporated by many others, not ugly late 60's design which doesn't really have as much history.