1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CMI Interview] Interview with Reggie Bush

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by tigermission1, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Not an impressive interview at all. He doesn't sound like he has humility at all.

-More excused than owned up to a bonehead play.

-Sounds like he has excelled all due to natural talent and speed in his own mind. It is going to take more than that in the NFL.

-Why does he care if he is the overall #1 pick, he already has a trophy that rightfully belongs to Vince? :confused: ;)

I will say I thought Reggie Bush showed a lot of class after the Rose Bowl (ton more than ML), some I heard with my own ears in live interview and some via VY interview (Bush came over congratulated him, etc, VY returned props to him, etc). So I take those things a lot more for what it is worth than the above interview that I don't think paints RB very positive, with who knows what parts omitted and re-arranged.

2. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

If VY answered similar questions the exact same way you'd say he's such a class act and is confident in his abilities and cocky=confidence. Good job on bashing Bush every chance you get. You'd make a great politician.

3. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

Is that why he has already been working out with the best RB in the NFL (because he thinks he can survive off just skills :rolleyes: )? Reggie won the heisman in a landslide. It would belong to Vince if it was a trophy for 2nd. Leinart and Bush both went into the UT locker room to congratulate them. They should have showed some class like everybody's favorite Retarted QB "Who the real heisman? Who the real heisman?", I must have missed when Vince congratulated Reggie when he won the heisman. He looked like somebody shot his dog on the TV, it was bad.

4. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

Desert Scar's posts are getting humorous. I put him on my ignore list after this one. U should probably do the same, save yourself some stress.

5. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

I think the Bush pitch was a horrible play. There is a reason that players are not coached to do that ... It is greedy and high risk. In both situations the teams would have had 1st and 10s in the Red Zone. It's not worth the risk.

To me, the only thing dumber that Reggie trying to pitch that ball, was Vince Young trying to pitch the ball back not too much longer after just watching Reggie Bush's failed attempt. He should have learned from Reggie's mistake. Yes he scored, but there was a decent chance that someone could get a hand on that ball because Vince had no idea who was coming from behind. Way too much risk.

Both were bonehead plays, but one team got lucky in having both pitches go their way. Those two plays were definitely the difference in the game.

6. IC2000

great post

7. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

OK, maybe I am misunderstanding you but...

Are you kidding me?

You are either calling me stupid or saying I know nothing about football.

Please enlighten me about all the differences between the two plays.

They were both long run plays that the ball-carrier was being brought down in the redzone when they saw a wide open teammate in their peripheral vision and pitched to that teammate seeing that it would lead to an easy TD. The ONLY difference is that one teammate caught it and the other didn't.

IMO, both were great, "high risk, high reward" (and also boneheaded) plays by great, ulra-creative football players.

8. Desert Scar

RT, you would be on my ignore list long ago, except I need some comic relief. You didn't even read the most important part. I'll try again, to paraphrase, I hold a lot more regard that the class Bush showed after the Rose Bowl in the live press interview I saw in their entirety than some patched together FSN interview.

IC, the Heisman is supposed to go to the best college football player, no? You can argue Bush is the better pro prospect than VY if you want, but the argument who was the best college football player is over by a landslide to anyone with his or her eyes open and clear on Jan 4th. Those that watched enough of both players and knew the game of football well enough didn't need the Rose Bowl to tell them this, sadly most Heisman voters don't qualify.

Some of you guys act like Vince Young shot your dog. Seriously guys, get a grip.

RMJ, the Bush play and VY play were different. The Texas play was an option, a well runned option always has the back ready and running almost parallel to the QB (slightly behind), even if downfield. But yes, VY's knee was down, I give you that one. What no one else talks about is the pitch was forward too. Shows how much the media, like Heisman voters, are on top of things.

9. IC2000

The heisman was given out before the rose bowl, that game had nothing to do with the trophy. Bush was the most outstanding player in the regular season in my opinion and in the opinion of the voters. Oh thats right the voters are idiots :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Just because both guys pitched on a play doesn't make them exactly the same. On Bush's pitch, he was being it by two Horns from the side and the front and he basically tried to pitch it through their arms. On Young's pitch, he was brought down from behind and there wasn't a Trojan within three yards in the space between the Youngs.

Obviously, one worked with disastrous results and one worked with great results. Is there a certain amount of luck that goes into plays like that? Sure. However, it wasn't just luck that caused the difference in the results.

And yes, I just fast forwarded through my saved copy to watch both plays.

BTW, I find you Bush supporters putting Desert Scar on your ignore list hilarious. He's no more biased for VY than you are for Bush. Give me a break.

11. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

An option way down the field like that? I don't think so. In the option the defense is generally in front of you and the QB is aware of where defenders are. VY was well past the first line of defense and had no idea of who could have been coming from behind.

Even if I concede that it was a "well runned" (sic) option, the idea is to pitch it before you get hit, not after you've been hit and are falling to the ground (or in VY's case on the ground) because otherwise it is too risky.

Both were risky plays, and I'll bet you both of them will be told by their new coaches in the NFL not to do that at the next level.

12. Desert Scar

The Heisman was based on the perception of voters, many of whom didn't watch enough of the players games and/or enough of the plays by the players in the games they did watched. It is not the first time flash (Des Howard, C. Woodson, Tim Brown) or systems (lots of examples) won over sustained dominance/excellence by greater individual college players.

Was there any doubt who was the best college football player after Jan 4th?

Do you think Reggie Bush was a better college football player than Vince Young?

The plays were entirely different. The design was different (option), other factors were different (the position of the receiving player in the sideline versus open field, etc.), and the execution was obviously different.

I do agree VY in the pros shouldn't be doing those kinds of plays, nor should OC's design such plays for him.