1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CM4 setup/requests (tactics, lineup, options etc)

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Heath, May 20, 2003.

1. Heath

Heath Member

I created this new thread for the CM4 league for participants to put their changes and update requests in. I will try to put most of my own moves in this thread also so those not to familiar with the game get to see what options that can be used.

So after adding myself with Standard Liege my first task was to select an initial first team to see where I stand. I used the default 4-4-2 formation, and will probably initially use a tactic in the 4-4-2 mold, although I will make some changes/finetuning to the tactic later.

GK -- Carini (GK)
    DR -- Turaci (D RC)
    DL -- Enakarhire (D LC)
    DC -- Dragutinovic (D/DM LC)
    DC -- Galdames (D LC)
    MR -- Walasiak (F RLC)
    ML -- Mutavdzic (AM LC)
    MC -- Walem (AM C)
    MC -- Söderström (M C)
    FC -- Moreira (F RLC)
    FC -- Goossens (F RC)

SB1 - Susnjara (GK)
    SB2 - Okpara (D/DM RC)
    SB3 - Dimvula (D/DM RLC)
    SB4 - Meyssen (DM LC)
    SB5 - Oussalah (AM LC)
    SB6 - Cavens (S C)
    SB7 - Årst (S C)

New to CM4 is that you can save different lineups (in addition to tactics) so you can easily get the same lineup at a later date for a game even if you have used other lineups in the meantime.

I saved this one as 'First Team #01'.

After selecting the team I've got a feel for where I can improve the team, depth at defense is one area, and central midfield another (as Söderström is a loaned player), other than that getting good players overall/good deals never hurt. I check my staff and find the strengths of the scouts. I'll need my best scout, 15/15 in Jud/JPT (Judging ability/Judging potential), to look after quality players, so that leaves the 12/14 scout to look for young talent and the 13/13 scout can also look for current players.

15/15 - Assigned to region search (like I will reveal the source of my talent) :)
    13/13 - Assigned to another region search
    12/14 - Assigned to youth search

In addition to region search (Africa, Asia, Caribbean, Central America, Central Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East, North Africa, Oceania, Scandinavia, South America, South Europe, UK & Ireland) you can send your scout to a specific Nation, Club or Competition. You can scout for youth players (in your league) and for tactical purposes you can even scout your next opposition.

Next I will see to getting a better assistant manager, with offering a new contract as assistant to my current coach Guy Namurois.

Then I can set my manager options:

AM handle training - Yes
    AM arranging friendlies - No
    First team: AM/coach takes control of friendlies - No
    First team: Contract renewals by AM - No
    Reserves: Control team - No, assigned to Guy Namurois
    Reserves: AM/coach takes control of friendlies - Yes
    Reserves: Use current tactics - No, AM decides tactics
    Reserves: Contract renewals handled by AM - No, I want to handle contracts myself
    U18s: Control team - No, assigned to Guy Namurois
    U18s: AM/coach takes control of friendlies - Yes
    U18s: Use current tactics - No, AM decides tactics
    U18s: Contract renewals handled by AM - No, I want to handle contracts myself

2. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I worked on my tactics last night and will probably do my training tonight if the game is on. When you click on my team to control them barring my absence please make sure that my team is running a 3-5-2 modified. If it doesn't then let me know and I'll send you a copy of my tactics.

CK

3. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

You can also create tactics on the demo, and they will still work on Heath's version of the game.

Also, shouldn't my second wave of scout searches have been finished by now?

4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I'm going to use my previous CM4 System where I had one of my 2 DC's move into a DMC role and my DMC move into the attack.

Sigma Olomouc's team

GK-Vaniak
    DL-Spilacek
    DC left-Kovac(the one who moves into DMC position)
    DC right-Krajcovic
    DR-Gaba
    DMC-Kucera
    MR-Randa
    ML-Siegl
    MC-Urbanek
    AMC-Reiter
    SC-Putik

bench-caha, rozehnal, kamesch, jordanek, tuma, ekwuemme, rojka(first 2 subs defense, 3rd GK, then midfielder, then 3 forwards)

Send Penc to scout Croatia for current players. Zlamal goes to Romania for current players. Cerny to Holland for youngsters. And then I want to send out one of my coaches, Psotka, if possible to Italy for youngsters.

Then on the options.

AM handle training - Yes
    First team: Contract renewals by AM - No
    Reserves: Control team - No, assigned to my AM
    Reserves: AM/coach takes control of friendlies - Yes
    Reserves: Use current tactics - Yes
    Reserves: Contract renewals handled by AM - No, I want to handle contracts myself
    U18s: Control team - No, assigned to AM
    U18s: Use current tactics - Yes
    U18s: Contract renewals handled by AM - No, I want to handle contracts myself

5. Heath

Heath Member

Game is now up if you want to connect Castor. If your team is under server control (not at the moment) then we probably have moved up, but then I should be in the chat so control can be released.

What Pued said is also right. You can use the demo to do your tactics for all that does not have the game proper.

http://www.sigames.com

And yes - scouts searches finish all the time :)

As for your scouts CK I did go after one player for you from the search. As he came highly recommended from one of the scouts. he has played some games already (Joakim Austnes) but he if his performances has not been top notch he should improve as he was looked after as a prospect. Any time you want to look at the findings from the scouts or look for players to improve your squad just give notice in the chat (easiest). If we can't use the chat I can send up a few screens for you to look at, but that will take more time with the need to maybe send up more than once.

Also the one month transfer window in July is close so now is the time (only time for spring leaguers) to sign players for the new/ongoing season.

6. Heath

Heath Member

DV

Did put in your intitial lineup (and tactics) and put in the manager options with the changes discussed in chat. Also sent out scouts to Croatia, Eastern Europe (Romania not an option) and Youth (can not specify youth searches, and is most likely a Czech youth search).

You can not send coaches for searches.

Next step for me was to assign physios and coaches to the training schedules - even if the AM handles training you can select who does the training and you need to add a physio to all trainings to look after players health. (AM will not do this for you)

7. Band Geek Mobster

[​IMG]

Futebol Clube Paços de Ferreira

442 Diamond

Goalie - Pinho

D R - Mario Sergio
    D C - Joao Armando
    D C - Filo
    D L - Ze Nando

DM C - Sousa, P

M C - Serginho
    M C - Jose Manual

AM C - Everaldo

S C - Renato Queiros
    S C - Carlos Carneiro

Bench: Pedro (GK), Cadu (D C), Beto (M C), Junior (M C), Rui Mendes (M C), Pepe Puntas (AM C), Leonardo (S C)

AM handle training - Yes
    First team: Contract renewals by AM - Yes
    U18s: Control team - No, assigned to someone on my coaching staff.
    U18s: Use current tactics - Let AM Decide
    U18s: Contract renewals handled by AM - Yes

#7 Band Geek Mobster, May 21, 2003
    Last edited: May 22, 2003
  8. Heath

Heath Member

I guess most of the things you have to do is described in this thread, and to some degree the other thread. Also if you download the demo you will get to see much of the new options for tactics etc in the new game. Also studying the site could help some.

9. Heath

Heath Member

Made Ivica Dragutinovic my captain, and had it not been for the fact that I was challenged by 4-5 teams and accepted those I would be setting some friendlies. Will start going over expiring and expired contracts.

Oh and I also set my initial tactics (screen uploaded).

10. Heath

Heath Member

Castor - when you have done your stuff - if you are not around when the Inter Toto games are being played, how do you want your game controlled?

1. Disconnected
    2. Holiday (You can pretty much tell the AM to go with your lineup/tactics if you put it on holiday)
    3. I'll control the game from the server

11. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I would prefer you to control the game. Not so much to change tactics but I feel like you would have a better feel for changes to make than the comp would.

12. Heath

Heath Member

I've updated selection info and stats for Zenith, Lillestrøm and Brann.

In other news the transfer window is about to close (probably later today) and if you want to try and bring in some reinforcements it needs to be done ASAP (some transfers might be allowed outside the transfer window, but most likely only in-league deals, and I'm not even sure about those)

13. Band Geek Mobster

--x-x--
    |-----|
    x-x-x-x
    -------
    ---x---
    -x-x-x-

Goalie - Pedro*

D C - Mario Sergio
    D C - Joao Armando
    D C - Ze Nando

DM C - Sousa, P*

M R - Jose Manual
    M C - Beto*
    M C - Junior
    M L - Serginho

S C - Renato Queiros
    S C - Everaldo

Bench: Pinho (GK), Cadu (D C), Filo (D C/SW)
    Junior (M C), Rui Mendes (M C),
    Pepe Puntas (AM C), Carlos Carneiro (S C)

14. Band Geek Mobster

New Post, Heath, I downloaded the game and did a little toying around and now I have a better understanding of the game, so here's my stuff...

4-3-3 Form with outside pushed by the Strikers

SC - Carneiro, Queiros, Serginho
    MC - Beto, Everaldo, Manuel
    DL - Ze Nando
    DC - Sousa, Armando
    DR - Sergio

Subs - Pinho (GK), Filo (SW/D C), Cadu (D C), Mendes (M C), Pedrinha (M C), Puntas (AM C), Junior (M C), Jurandir (S C), Baptista (GK), Miguel (M R), Adalberto (D C), Leonardo (S C)

Other Options (Can't remember the names, but wrote down in the correct order)
    Mixed
    Mixed
    Easy
    Own Half
    Defensive

Checks on Zonal and Counter

Leave the other stuff unchecked...

#14 Band Geek Mobster, May 25, 2003
    Last edited: May 25, 2003
  15. Heath

Heath Member

Oh, btw with the demo you can save formations and e-mail them to me.

And also - Gung Ho - It doesn't work in the demo, in the sense that it is way too effective, in the enhancement pack we use (EP3) it has been tuned to be more real, in that you lose way more than you will win. The only way to use it now is when you gamble when you are down late in games, or only use it as player instructions for a couple of players so you have a more balanced system. Going Gung Ho for the full game in EP3 for all players will result in losing roughly 80% of the games I guess.

16. Band Geek Mobster

17. Heath

Heath Member

Team Instruction Options: (default listed first)

Passing: Mixed, Short, Direct, Long
    Focus Passing: Mixed, Down Both Flanks, Down Left Flank, Down Right Flank, Through The Middle
    Tackling: Normal, Easy, Hard
    Closing Down: Stand Off, Own Half Only, Always
    Mentality: Normal, Ultra Defensive, Defensive, Attacking, Gung Ho
    Offside Trap: No, Yes
    Zonal Marking: Yes, No
    Counter Attack: No, Yes
    Men Behind Ball: No, Yes

Player Instruction Options: (default is usually what you have put the team instructions at)

Passing
    Closing Down
    Tackling
    Marking
    Mentality

Distrubution (GK only): Mixed, Long Kick, Ask Defenders To Collect
    Cross From: Mixed, Deep, Touchline
    Cross Aim: Mixed, Near Post, Centre, Far Post, Man

Cross Ball
    Long Shots
    Forward Runs
    Run With Ball
    Try Through Balls
    Free Role
    Hold Up Ball

Top 5 = Same options as Team Instructions
    Bottom 7 = On/Off Options - having it on will encourage more tries, having it off is not the same as it never being tried.

Set Piece Instructions: (Player instructions)

Defend Free Kick: Default, Back, Forward, Man Mark, Form Wall, Near Post, Far Post
    Attack Free Kick: Default, Always Stay Back, Stay Back If Needed, Forward, Disrupt Wall, Disrupt Goalkeeper, Stand With Taker, Run Over Ball
    Defend Corner: Default, Back, Stay Forward, Mark Man, Near Post, Far Post, Mark Tall Player, Mark Small Player, Close Down
    Attack Corner: Default, Always Stay Back, Stay Back If Needed, Go Forward, Attack Near Post, Attack Far Post, Near Post Flick On, Stand On Far Post, Attack Ball From Edge Of Area, Challenge Goalkeeper, Lurk Outside Area, Offer Short Option
    Attacking Throw Ins (L): Default, Stay Back, Come Short, Lurk Outside Area, Near Post, Go Forward
    Attacking Throw Ins (R): Default, Stay Back, Come Short, Lurk Outside Area, Near Post, Go Forward

In addition you can make a list of:

Penalty Takers
    Free Kick Takers (Left)
    Free Kick Takers (Right)
    Corner Takers (Left)
    Corner Takers (Right)
    Throw In Takers (Left)
    Throw In Takers (Right)

18. Band Geek Mobster

Updated Tactics/Formation

Form - 1-3-1-2-2-1 or "The Sword of Justice" as I like to call it...

(GK) Pinho - GK
    (SW) Filo - SW/D C
    (DC) Armando - D C
    (DC) Ze Nando - D L
    (DC) Mario Sergio - D R
    (DMC) Sousa - DM C
    (MC) Beto - M C
    (MC) Junior - M C
    (AMC) Everaldo - F LC
    (AMC) Serginho - F LC
    (SC) Renato Quieros - S C

(SB1) Pedro - GK
    (SB2) Luis Miguel - M R
    (SB3) Adalberto - D C
    (SB4) Cadu - D C
    (SB5) Rui Mendes - M C
    (SB6) Jose Manuel - AM/F RL
    (SB7) Leonardo - S C
    (SB8) Baptista - GK
    (SB9) Jose Manuel - AM/F RL
    (SB0) Carlos Carneiro - S C
    (SB1) Pedrinha - M C
    (SB2) Geronimo - S C

Note: I realize I have some injuries, so adjust accordingly if I'm not in chat to help.

Team Instructions:

Passing: Mixed
    Focus Passing: Mixed
    Tackling: Hard
    Closing Down: Own Half Only
    Mentality: Attacking
    Offside Trap: No
    Zonal Marking: Yes
    Counter Attack: Yes
    Men Behind Ball: No

19. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Heath, I've made my decision - but there's no hurry implementing it. I can just give you all the info when I make it into chat tomorrow. See you then.

20. Heath

Heath Member

You asked if they had been relegated from the Premier Division.

I checked.

They had not.

In fact they have two straight promotions behind them, gunning for the third to make it into the Premier Division.

Just in case being total scrubs a few years ago matter in your decision.