1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clyde Drexler on Celebrity Apprentice

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dmenacela, Apr 12, 2010.

1. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

The Glide was used in a 30 second commercial ad as a basketball star in this week's celebrity apprentice episode. Just wanted to mention I thought it was cool to see him wearing a HOUSTON jersey. It was also especially nice to see that he was on the winning team (the losing team had Scottie Pippen in their commercial ad, haha). Did anybody else catch tonight's episode?

2. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

I thought the girls won that competition hands down. This year's celebrity apprentice has been really good.

And as much as I HATE Pippen he did well in his commercial, but at least he lost, so that's all that matters.

Maybe now that Michael quit they can bring back some Rod Blagojevich. It's just so funny watching him politicking to everyone he sees on the street.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I saw the commercial, it was pretty funny. Typical Clyde!

4. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

I loved it when the Chef asked, "who is he and what team did he play for?, sorry I'm a Aussie."
    I thought Michael Johnson was gonna say Portland, but he said "Houston!". Then Clyde came out sporting his Rockets gear. That made my day.

I did enjoy him beating Pippen, even though Pippens act was pretty good. But yes typical Clyde. Funny! :grin:

5. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

[​IMG]

"You can't fire me... I QUIT!!!"

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Clyde was cool, usual Clyde stuff and I was cursing Pippen everytime he was on screen

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

"Heh, heh, heh, things just keep getting worse for Scottie Pippen."

8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Clyde was great, a truley class act, he seemed like he had a great time doing it. Both commercials were pretty cheesy though, very low production value. I coudn't see either one of them actually being used, they looked like a local lawyer or mattress store may have produced them.

9. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

It was very satisfying to hear Michael say Houston (and not Portland)!

I also enjoyed seeing Clyde beat Pippen. Chalk up another 'W' for the Rockets over the Bulls. :grin:

10. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

Those commercials are produced in less than 48 hours. They are really just to advertise the product on an episode of celebrity apprentice but could possibly become a commercial if the ideas are good.

11. Crush

Crush Rookie

Sweet. I've always liked the concept of the apprentice, and really enjoyed the 1st season of the apprentice way back when. I look forward to watching again

12. mic

mic Contributing Member

Clyde was so goofy, but great. Was cool to see him on the show.

13. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Okay I hate Pippen and all, but I just watched these and I thought the "Funky Godfather" bit was hilarious.

Clyde was pretty funny but I didn't like that one was much.

14. HPD

HPD Member

Drexler had to wear Rockets gear. He on the payroll

15. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

michael johnsons a texan he probaly remembers clyde from when he won a ring with us, no one remembers the blazers even got to the finals one year...unless you had a copy of that classic video game bulls vs blazers...

16. Rollinrockets

Rollinrockets Member

I caught the show...and when I saw pippen was on there I spoke out loud to the TV and warned the women to be careful...scotty might quit on them. Wasnt ten minutes later he was talking about how he had to catch a plane and if they didnt get finished filiming in less than four hours he was going to leave. I guess they got it finished...but I still thought it was funny that he tried to quit on them before they even got started. Sounded familiar to me...

17. bloop

bloop Member

Yeah Michael Johnson is from Dallas and went to Baylor so he's a Texas boy. I thought he'd say Portland like most of the country though. Drexler's best years were in Portland where he was basically like Dwayne Wade to Jordan's Kobe. He was an MVP candidate every year when they were good. In Houston he was like Pippen to Hakeem not the main guy.

18. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

It was hilarious when Goldberg said "I love Clyde to death but I am getting annoyed of hearing his voice." I was thinking, join the club.