1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clyde Drexler Commentary is Unbearable

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yobod, Oct 13, 2007.

1. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

wow the standards for clyde is far too low. im glad we dont have that low of standards for our players, coaches or management

2. daernoth

daernoth Member

I dont mind Clyde partly because i dont take color commentary seriously in any way. Im not looking for insightful comments when i watch basketball games. There are much better places to look for that than an employee whose job is very much akin to that of a pr spokesperson.

3. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Bring back Van Chancellor!!!

He couldn't remember anyones name but, codsarnit, he was more entertatining than Clyde any day of the week.

Its sad that this is what we've been reduced to, Calvin has more charisma in that pinkie toe in his gators than Bullard and Clyde combined.

4. javashot

javashot Member

haha. that was the funniest commentator :eek:

5. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

It's not even just the material that is coming out of his mouth. It's his actual voice and the way he talks. Almost monotone. Seems like there is no personality. We need someone with a personality! I think Matt Bullard is the same way. Both of these guys annoy the heck outta me!

6. Dream_Shake

Dream_Shake Member

Good point (and assessment) that you made with JD of the Astros. You really can mix a personality with intelligent insight. Murph gave us that and more. I miss the fact that I could watch the game with my wife and she could join in the banter purely based on what she heard from Murph. He broke it down in a way that even the informal fan could comprehend. Sometimes the respect we have for someone as an athlete can fog or muddle opinions about them in their subsequent careers. e.g. Clyde as a color guy. In other words, I agree with earlier posts that we must respect Clyde for who he is and what he's done....as an athlete......while I also whole-heartedly agree with you that he no longer represents the Rockets well with his present work; in fact, that he "dumbs it down". In order to have a pragmatic opinion of his body of work thus far, we have to separate the two.

Clyde the Glyde: A+

Clyde the Slyde: D-

denniscd also makes a great point. We hold our coaches and players to high standards. Why not our commentators?

7. ILoveWhiteGirls

And what gets me is Matt Bullard is taking a backseat letting Clyde doing way too much talking. Let Matt Bullard TALK, for GOD-SAKE!!!!

1 person likes this.
  8. Hmm

Hmm Member

That also happens with some members here towards our coach...

9. Hmm

Hmm Member

What is the reason again, for keeping Clyde as color commentator and restricting Calvin to desk duty...?

10. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Clyde isn't as annoying as most of you make it out to be. Most local announcing teams are pretty bad overall.

1 person likes this.
  11. Gwalchmai

Gwalchmai Member

I thought he's gotten better.

12. noone

noone Rookie

I have nothing to contribute to this thread.

13. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

I haven't heard (not in HST) but why hasn't the team ever asked Calvin back? :confused:

14. noone

noone Rookie

Because everyone love Clyde Drexler and he's great for beer sales.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You bumped a 6 year old thread to say that?

1 person likes this.
  16. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

Hey he likes white girls... who cares

17. ILoveWhiteGirls

Better than to just create a new thread when I can just recycle an old one. I'm all about the environment.

18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

i watch on league pass broadband but listen to Ackerman on league pass audio or a mobile app

19. ILoveWhiteGirls

Bumped by LOF (posing as a Scola fan) who hates CLyde cuz he doesn't ride Lin's dick like u fanbois do. Looool! U think we all dont see right thru you? Damn ur dumb.

20. Exiled

Exiled Member

He is upset about Clyde saying something about Lin disabilty 1 on 1 play:cool: