1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutch's makes trade for new EGO? Proof is in the picture?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Doc Rocket, Feb 4, 2013.

1. AbrahamLincoln

Does nothing to alleviate the PF problem we have. I'd like to think Patterson is involved in a deal. That does look like the Lakers make a killing though and certainly seems possible.

2. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

yah that would be a huge downgrade defensively and he has an astronomical turnover rate....but i guess Superman in the paint would make up for that.

3. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

Losing Asik and Parsons for diva Howard? Boo

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

we know Kobe loves Parsons

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I was all in on Howard this offseason, but his back injury really does scare me. I love Asik and Parsons and I would hate to give them up, but pairing Howard/Harden would be huge if Howard can get himself healthy again.

6. TripleSeven

TripleSeven Member

It really doesn't take much to figure out.

"1-2 punch" = Two superstars

Rockets already have Harden. It's Howard, obviously.

7. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

What does the "I AM" reference get at? Definately biblical: "I AM" = God, or maybe Sam Cassell. The "1-2 punch" comment could refer to D12 too.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lakers aren't trading Dwight.

9. TripleSeven

TripleSeven Member

Y'all act like there can't be a separate trade for the PFs

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

He had like 18 and 16 tonight.

I'm convinced Doc is talking about Dwight. With all the Lakers' fire-power, Asik and Parsons would be perfect for them. Plus, Metta and Gasol are getting old. Harden and Dwight could return Houston to glory. Works for both teams.

11. TripleSeven

TripleSeven Member

Is there anything else out there besides a quote from their GM stating he's not trading Howard?

If I were Lakers GM, I'd say the same thing whether I was considering trading him or not. It brings way more attention than there already is.

12. Aruba77

Could be more about setting the stage for the offseason, during allstar weekend. Dwight has to say he's leaving for Houston, and we'd have to compensate LA so he could get paid in full?

13. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

I see a "Back to the Future" theme in there too:

-car that can travel through TIME
    -pretty sure the "This is heavy" sign off is a quote from the movie too

1 person likes this.
  14. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

I don't think so. You're right, of course he's going to say we're not trading [so and so].

I'll stand by what I said(;)), Lakers aren't trading Dwight.

Paid in full? I could be wrong but if he walks from LA or does a S&T, it's the same. 4 years and 88 million(?). He doesn't get that extra year and money. S&T I also believe is something all parties have to agree to?

16. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Aruba is having a sex change, though we have already talked about this. I can only afford for one person to switch and it will be you, my friend. It's not temporary. This is it. This is the BIG one... It won't be some super- glamorous vacation, 'happiness' all around, stars in your eyes.....it's gonna hurt. I don't mean pain like the US entering a war against a German killer, or a killer shooting a German car, but a confusing pain like having a car that can travel in TIME to certain years. Now, McSorley has something in common with two people! Anyway...

Already talked about this - off season with Dwight.
    Can only afford for one person to switch - Only room - salary cap
    Big one - Dwight
    It's gonna hurt along with Parsons comment - Parsons is involved
    super - glamorous vacation, (dwight) who just so happens to be "happy" all around who also is surrounded by stars
    German Car... not quite sure.
    McSorley has something in common with two people - McGrady was traded from orlando and had back problems

Now, if you want to do this, you can stay with me in Houston, but....it'll be different, different than you think, different terms. I want you to feel perfect before we do this. I'm serious...I want to talk but you gotta call me. I get straight talk from you, you'll get no smooth talk from me. Talk to your family and friends and lets find a time to discuss when we've got all kinds of lines of communication open and easy all-access to each other. I want you, Aruba. You need to want me and trust me, too.
    Different terms - contract
    sign and trade

you get the point. I agree with it being Dwight. Although, I thought the first one was KG so what the f. do I know?

17. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

And the Marty McSorley reference?

Back to the Future was Marty McFly, but . . .

https://twitter.com/gyurkovich/statuses/223270524598493184

18. Aruba77

I knew it! Doc Rocket is Christopher Loyd!

19. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Didn't realize this was an undertone, it seemed pretty obvious. Yes, this is absolutely a reference to Back to the Future... Making me think that this has to do with Howard even more..

20. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

I hope we don't trade Parsons and Asik. :(