1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. ROCKETS GAMEDAY
    The Rockets hope to rebound (no pun intended) after that brutal loss to Charlotte when they take on Ja Morant and the Grizzlies tonight. Come join us live at 7:00pm CT!

LIVE! Rockets vs. Grizzlies

[Clutchpoll 2016] Donald Trump vs. Hillary Rodham Clinton

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by g1184, Sep 9, 2015.

?

Make your Choice: Donald Trump vs. Hillary Clinton

1. Donald Trump

18.5%
  2. Hillary Clinton

47.0%
  3. Third Party

21.4%
  4. No Vote

13.1%
  1. gifford1967

gifford1967 Member
    Supporting Member

Any Democrats or independents that contemplate not voting or voting 3rd party in a a battleground state in the 2016 election need to seriously revisit the year 2000 and Bush vs. Gore. That should disabuse you of the notion that it doesn't matter who is elected President, even if you don't like both options.

2. mc mark

mc mark Member

Yeah, most Trump supporters are just those who want to see Washington burned to the ground. They really don't give a damn about what he stands for.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yep. Hillary is really just a scoundrel but her policy opinions are much more in line with mmy beliefs than Trump's we're going to be great and get bored with winning nonsense. Trump is just a politically ignorant clown talking like he's a WWE wrestler. He would seriously damage so much that frankly it would be really dangerous for the country. Plain talk is great as long as it comes from a place of knowledge and not some Jerry Springer side show.

Independents and left leaning folks considering not voting should remember how W got elected and how badly he harmed the country.

4. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Member

As crazy as Trump is, there is no way he'd ever even be close to as bad a president as W was. W will go down as the worst leader of any modern country in history. If someone is going to be worse than W, we might as well just kill ourselves now.

5. subtomic

subtomic Member

The executive branch is more than just one person. There are a host of important positions that must be filled and are chosen by the President. So despite my lack of enthusiasm for Hillary, there is no way in hell I will support any Republican given their track record of appointments. We've seen enough damage done by the Cheneys, the Rumsfelds, the Scalias and the "Brownies" in government to last us a lifetime. Hillary may have her personal faults, but I do trust she'll appoint capable, intelligent and and serious judges, agency leaders and Cabinet members. I have no faith that Trump has given any consideration to his appointments nor do I trust that he'd put good people in these positions. Knowing him, he'd use the opportunity to create a celebrity Cabinet show, and we'd end up with Kelsey Grammar, Patricia Heaton or some other grossly unqualified conservative entertainer as Secretary of Defense.

6. mc mark

mc mark Member

7. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

8. subtomic

subtomic Member

9. Major

Major Member

The different approaches between the two:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-iran-nuclear-deal-213455

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton converged in the same city on the same day to talk about the same topic: the deal with Iran. But they arrived in Washington with opposite trajectories -- Clinton slipping in a Democratic primary she was supposed to run away with while Trump surges to the front of a crowded Republican pack.

Their dueling events, separated by only three hours and three miles, offered a remarkable split-screen 2016 moment just as top party strategists are asking themselves two questions that were unthinkable only months ago: Could she actually lose? And could he actually win?

The contrasts were stark.

She spoke inside a windowless think tank auditorium, from a podium and with a teleprompter. Chilled water and a conversation in upholstered chairs awaited nearby. Her address was substantive, serious and staid. “Is it perfect? Well, of course not. No agreement like this ever is,” she said of the Iran deal. “But is it a strong agreement? Yes it is.”

He spoke in the beating midday heat before a raucous, tea party-organized rally of more than 1,000 at the foot of the Capitol. He flashed a thumbs up as supporters screamed “Donald!” and waved pro-Trump signs. “Never ever, ever in my life have I seen any transaction so incompetently negotiated as our deal with Iran,” he said. “And I mean never.”

This was Clinton in her element, and Trump in his. She offered a detailed policy defense of the Iran deal. He inveighed against it with insults.

She lectured. He hectored.

“Diplomacy is not the pursuit of perfection. It is the balancing of risk.” Clinton explained.

“We are led by very, very stupid people,” said Trump. “Very, very stupid people. We cannot let it continue.”

Clinton displayed a comfortable command of the issues and the players, ticking through her five-point plan to diminish Iranian influence and dismissing her Republican rivals’ “unserious talk” of ripping up an agreement on their first day in office. “That’s not leadership. That’s recklessness,” she said. Trump, a week after he struggled to identify the head of the Iran’s Quds forces on conservative talk radio, and later demeaned host Hugh Hewitt as a “third-rate radio announcer” asking “gotcha” questions, skipped much of the minutiae that Clinton seemed to revel in. Instead, he promised, under his leadership, that America would “start winning bigly.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/...linton-iran-nuclear-deal-213455#ixzz3lHX7QQ5b

10. g1184

g1184 Member

I don't understand how you can say 'no' to this ... it's a once in a civilization opportunity!

[​IMG]

LOOK AT HOW SPECTACULAR IT IS!

11. The Real Shady

Neither, but I do think there is an outside shot at WWIII happening under Trump. One dictator holding nukes makes a crack about Trump's toupee and I think we could see an invasion. Would be entertaining though.

12. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/e5LxmSEt6yM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

What is really that wrong with Hillary. She is mostly a centrist candidate.

14. HamJam

HamJam Member

Leaving political positions aside for a moment (i.e. I dislike her because she is so much of centrist), and leaving aside the fact she takes huge amounts of funding from the very organizations that are responsible for so many issues in this country (I'm leaving that aside because it is true for almost all the politicians), the reason I and many other people dislike her is fairly ineffable.

I mean, I can point to things like her deciding to sincerely apologize for the email thing after she study grouped it and decided doing so would play better with the public -- but, I imagine a lot of politicians would do the same.

If I am going to be honest, she just seems like a very fake, disingenuous and out of touch person, similar to the reasons why Romney was so unlikable. I'd love to have a woman president, but if my only choices are Hillary and Trump then you couldn't melt me and pour me into that voting booth.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

And good friends with Bill & Hillary. They are actually friends. And Trump was a democrat. He also supported a single-payer system, partial birth abortions, said Hillary would be great at negating an Iran deal and more.

You do have to wonder if Trump is just having fun and outrageous.

16. g1184

g1184 Member

Hillary is and good friends with Bill & Hillary?

[​IMG]

;)

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

I am obviously talking about trump! C'mon!

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

She's only a centrist in a system which has gone crazy right. It's the most right wing party system in any modern industrialized country and no that's not proportionately representative of the American public's attitudes.

If that's how people decide their vote, then the strategy of small gains with each president mixed with large swings to the right by some presidents will continue to eradicate American standard of living. It's much faster to take an axe to civil liberties and legal protections than it is to get those things back.

You must see by now that no change at all = continuous decline. Slow deterioration of your standard of living which has been going on for decades now.

At this point, things are so bad that only the best intentioned and most aggressive anti-establishmentish figures can keep things the way they are.

I have no idea why you think of this as if you're a member of congress.

Things not changing with leadership = things getting worse for you.

Someone pushing for more change in leadership = stop the bleeding.

For things to actually improve for Americans, someone's got to demolish the system and rip the band aid off, which will hurt for a decade or so. Americans are to spoiled for that at this point (I say this as a person from a more spoiled nation than you).

What's wrong with Hillary? She is a wall street hawk. That may be the center politics today, but that's not the center of what Americans NEED and want.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Entertainment. You think it'll be entertaining to watch Donald Trump get us into multiple wars costing thousands of our troops lives and spend billions of dollars on a border wall when 40% of Mexican immigrants come here by plane? I'm not the biggest Clinton fan but she won't destroy the country. I don't look for entertainment in a president.

20. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

Third Party vote. :grin:

Puketarian