1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Youtube account suspened.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Galaksy, Jan 21, 2009.

1. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Who really cares about them seeing that brawl video?

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

There are way too many accounts on youtube, someone had to have reported this. As someone who works for the media I know this move all too well. The people who reported clutch fans went way out of their way to screw Clutch over.

This was done by the only obvious competitor to this site and that would be the marketing/pr department assholes who want to dominate/control the fans and the messages they receive. This was done by the people who created that new rockets fan page and forum.

It's logical too assume because Web dominance means ad revenue dominance. In a time when ads are tight in the media world, believe me it's really tight right now, everyone is looking to push everyone else out of the market. This is just one attack on clutch fans. Wait around and we'll see more subversive moves like this against Clutch I'm sure.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

In addition to this, Clutch Fans stands out among any fan Web site... there aren't too many self-made rockets community forums... or for other NBA teams. This is a poster child for web communities and the marketers around the NBA know its name. Marketing companies have begun to embrace this concept in the new digital age of media and some aim to create their own communities.

If you notice, other teams have their own NBA-created community in the works. The Rockets have one now too. This community is going to try to muscle Clutch out because marketing departments want to use these communities.

They use the communities to measure customer's opinions and reactions and they also use them to control the public opinion on things.

4. bugzpodder

bugzpodder Member

Are you sure?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10143245-2.html

"In a series of separate posts on various official Google blogs Wednesday evening, the company announced that it is terminating, stopping development on, or restricting access to six products that clearly haven't been adding much to the Google brand or bottom line lately: "

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i have two rockets video clips i made several season back on my youtube account and havent gotten anything, of course i think some of the videos i made have been hosted by others as well on youtube so i dont the ones on there under my account has had as many hits so it could be less noticeable.

while i am not sure how much of the clutchfans accounts being terminated is due to a 'narc' or a competing site but i certainly would not rule that out. i would think that would be the most probable cause. the nba as a whole is for things like these to help promote its product and image. it will probably remove the videos like the pistons fight, sacramento game 6, or in Clutch's case the howard foul and bill walker foul that are potentially damaging to its image.

the fact is the Rockets know about clutchfans and i am 100% that members of the rockets organization browse this website and know whats going on here, the videos by R2K and the uploads by Clutch and they haven't said a single thing about them. Heck the Rockets org has embraced clutchfans and have given Clutch and Jeff access to media day and other things (remember Clutch reported from the rockets war room on draft nights?) so to say the Rockets/NBA only now takes them all day is odd since they have known about the account for a long time and were fine with it...(they could have terminated it when they sent Clutch the notice about the josh howard video and would have seen all his other videos)

so I am leaning more towards maybe someone purposefully flagged the CF account as a way to diminish this site

6. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

i think you should post links like r2k for fight videos if people wants them.

7. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Thats awful! why do they suspend the clutchfans account, I watched the rockets highlights there!

8. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

That's BS!!!! i'll miss watching von wafer reaction hitting that clutch 3 against boston. That means my hou vs phx fight will be deleted soon. :(

9. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

so many of my favorites are gone... :(

10. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

What a ****ty move by Youtube. :mad: Then now the some of my favorites are gone and can't access the highlights on line.

At least we still could download the full game video and highlights from R2K,well.Damn NBA marketers. :mad:

11. Chamillionaire

will they put the account back? :mad:

12. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Yep, mine too, I had a lot of favorites by clutchfans, that I cant watch now. :(

I should have downladed them.

13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Re: Favorites... which ones were they? If I have them still, I'll try to get them back up.

I'm disappointed by it, but not really surprised by it.

14. 1RocketMac11

1RocketMac11 Member

man, i had alot of the vids...as for faves, no real ones that stood out, but i always did like game 1 against the jazz in 07...yao's big game, fisher stepping on a marshmellow on the 3 on nothing and tmac's huge 2nd half and 3rd Q with Worrell going crazy. then again watching that reminds me of game 7..

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Looks like this is happening again. As I type this, someone ("BroadbandTV"?) is going through and filing an issue with each of the videos posted in the ClutchFans channel. I've gotten about 30+ of these emails so far in the last hour and they keep coming.

16. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I thought the site was under some umbrella copyright deal for giving up the ClutchCity domain. Too long ago to remember.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I think Broadband TV is the NBA's league pass affiliate.

I think they have the internet broadcast rights.

DD

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

That prediction months ago of another move happening, direct or indirect at the site, looks correct

19. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I was able to watch any vid I wanted.

#79 JBIIRockets, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  20. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Right... they're still up... but they won't be eventually.

Sad it took me this long, but I noticed batkins account was removed too. Oh well ... I won't give it a third go.