1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans turns 20 years old today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

I had just moved to California that year and was feeling homesick and I was at my buddy's house on his computer looking up Rockets stuff and I stumbled on the Charles article on the home page. I went home and bookmarked the site and have been here ever since.

Thank you Clutch. You have no idea how many Californians and or Sonic fans you saved in those early years as I was ready to hurt some people if I had to hear about their teams any more. :mad:

Cheers brother.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brother Clutch is professor Xavier and we're his X-men.

3. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Take it easy now. Don't make this weird.
    :p

4. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

i was fairly certain that 1999 thingie was bogus.

Happy Anniversary!

5. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

If Clutchfans really means that much to you, you'd donate a couple of dollars and then be able to edit your damn post

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that wasn't the date when Clutch started the site.

it was the date when the greatest Rockets fans in the universe joined the site.

7. Turbo

Turbo Contributing Member

1999 was when the old forum went kaput and was replaced with this version. That's why we don't see joined dates prior to Feb 1999, even though we were a community for a few years before then.

8. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I found this site, which I think was then Clutchcity.com (?), after some visits to Marvin's Rockets Page. Raise your hand if you remember that one.

I used to do threads breaking down video. I remember defending Eddie Griffin's defense. And Matt Maloney's, if you can believe it.

A lot of sites and pastimes have come into my life and left since that day. 20 years later, this one's still going strong. Here's to you, Clutch.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

20 years. Wow. I found this site because living in Philly and New York there wasn't many places to get news on the Rockets. There was alt.basketball.rockets. I used gopher and this site kept popping up "Clutch City: Dedicated to the team I love" or something like that. I lurked until 2002.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Marvin's page? Yeah. that page, hmmm.
    https://web.archive.org/web/19981205202636/http://members.tripod.com/~jack0204/Houston_Rockets.html

11. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

I remember finding the site in something called a rockets ring, IIRC. Not sure why but had to re-register under a new name later. Can't believe the site is 20. It's cool, but really a testament to how good the reporting is and really how well the forums have developed. Just a whole lot of work by Clutch and the mods that deserve a hardy thanks. :)