1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans turns 20 years old today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Congrats Clutch. Clutchcity.com (then cluctchcity.net, then clutchfans.net) was the first online community i was a part of and the only online community i'm still a part of. Can't remember exactly when i joined, but sometime between 96' and 99'. God bless you Clutch; thanks for 20 great years of instigating Rockets fandom and creating the best fan forum in the NBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#61 Aruba77, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  2. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Happy birthday CLUTCH ! Does not seem that long ago, Time sure passes by when you are having fun.:grin:

3. Layup Drill

Layup Drill Member

Very cool. Happy birthday cf! And how can we buy clutchfans a drink for its 21st?

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Thank you Clutch! I can honestly say this site has been a part of my life for a long time. I would also like to thank all of the mods and everyone here on ClutchFans.

this is my little black book!

5. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Congrats to Clutchfans!!! I have been here awhile and always count on this site for the latest info and hopes it goes another 20 years!

6. alethios

alethios Member

Thank you Clutch and Clutch Crew for an amazing fun-filled ride as we sit with a special insider's virtual court-side seat into the Rockets organization. I especially love the peak into Rocket's practice at training camp (when you're allowed in).

Thanks for making it the best fan site ever! Nevermind that because of this site, I don't get much work done!!! LOL

7. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Amazing website.

8. Rokman

Rokman Member

Congratulations Clutch!! Here's to 20 more!

9. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

thx clutch crew for doing what you do. :)

10. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks Clutch and congrats. I started lurking in 1998 when I 1st got internet at the house. Used to pay through the nose for that dial-up, lol. For me about 18 years worth of hours of entertainment and enlightenment about the greatest franchise in Houston.

Long live Clutchfans.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

kinda like when spock got sent to the genesis planet

13. Turbo

Turbo Contributing Member

Crazy.. I remember going into my freshman year of high school when I found "Clutch City '97"

This site has been the one constant in my life throughout all these years. Thanks Dave/ Clutch for making this happen.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Dave, congrats on the website birthday. 20 years and stronger than ever! What an amazing resource and community.

Honestly, I don't think I would be "as big" a Rockets fan if it weren't for the ClutchFans component. It fans the flames, good or bad. Always something interesting or something new to learn.

I am proud to have been around the site from the beginning. Here is to another 20 years! And some Rockets championships!

-Chris/Deuce/@fyrebear

15. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

From what I recall I think Clutch City was owned by the Rockets or too close to an NBA trademark or something and then a publisher bought over the Clutchcity.net name and Clutch had to change his site to Clutchfans. I don't know how long the non Clutch run clutchcity.net site lasted but it was junk.

16. James Hardashian

James Hardashian Contributing Member

You know I hardly post on here but honestly I religiously browse this forum a few times a day everyday for years now! I love clutchfans! Happy birthday clutchfans.net and thank you Dave for this great community you've created

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Happy birthday, and thank you!

18. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Thanks for everything Dave

19. James Hardashian

James Hardashian Contributing Member

Do you still have that Barkley post?

20. MykTek

MykTek Member

congrats Clutch! been here since the beginning!