1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Training Camp Footage - Day 4

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 5, 2012.

1. shoops

shoops Member

Lol I'm not saying it's not what Woodson told him, in fact, I am thinking that it was because of that.

2. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

He is the handling and moving around with the ball more often then we're used to seeing him. Thats good to see. He was more of an off the ball player before. Him and Asik look the best so far. Asik is stopping everything coming his way.

On another note Douglas is built like a pit bull and he is pretty fast too. And its a shame D-Mo went down with that infection.

3. luden

luden Member

I saw Douglas missing a more shots than anyone else too. I agree with the bold though.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

at first i was like "damn we really suck"

but then i could almost sniff those pingpong balls and i felt much much better :)

5. sidestep

sidestep Member

I'm also encouraged to see Lin to shoot a three pointer without hesitation after coming off the screen. This will be available all day if he can hit it. Last year, unlike Lowry, Lin didn't have the confidence to shoot from behind the screen, and this clogged up driving lanes.

6. nbafever

nbafever Member

The Rockets have reportedly restructured their offense so that it's not only the PG who's doing the playmaking. Anyone can initiate the offense. I think it's asst coach Chris Finch's influence since he's familiar with the international style. Look up his interview on rockets.com.

In that way, we're not heavily dependent on PnRs and we play to the strengths of our players. We will run, push the ball, and make the extra pass. I think the scrimmages show the coaches emphasizing making quick decisions with the ball and everyone being ready to receive the ball.

7. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

Kevin Martin looks so good, he is passing the ball well

8. mirus

mirus Member

i didnt watch finch @ olympics. does he runs the same thing for uk team?

btw kevin martin makes a nice decision when he pass to delfino for corner 3.it seems like quite a lot of players,incl lin,k mart, parsons,etc. r handling the ball at various times.

and the raw footage just out a few hrs ago.thanks clutch!

9. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

Marcus Morris gets a lot of steals with those T-Rex arms.

10. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Most impressed with that pass to Omer, it was a play that looked like nothing was going to developed, but even more impressed KMart being decisive. Thanks a lot for video, I never take it for granted.

11. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Would really love if Clutch could tell us what he has seen from Lamb and how others perceive his performance. Few days in and still letting guys blow by him, not sticking to his man, not caring about pushing the ball or swinging the ball from side to side (in the few minutes we've seen that is). Not a good sign.

12. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

Patrick Patterson looks intense in practice, hope he brings the same energy in reg season.
    Let's hope he's not another house dog.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Seems like a McHale's vision to me as well, seeing how Boston in his days had all players playing passing and being able to make plays, see DJ, Bird, McHale, Parish, Walton.

14. slamburger

slamburger Member

T. Jones is an athlete, very active. Not totally sure what position he is going to play..

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Lin/Martin/Parsons/PPat/Asik seems like a pretty solid starting 5

I don't know why that can't be a playoff team

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Coaching. The talent is there

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

Our bench is very much a question mark though right.

18. anchel

anchel Member

Negatives: Asik apart, I see a HUGE hole in the paint. Are we going to rebound? To be tough inside? I doubt with Patterson plus the rooks. Not very strong outside neither with Martin, Lamb, Lin, or Delfino as backup SF. All in all, probably the team will look soft against veteran teams (playoff teams).

The best of the videos are the good feeling about Asik and his offensive ability (not only scoring), and Parsons projection. I would have liked to see the presence of Motiejunas.

Still not very positive about Patterson.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Martin is trying very hard to up his trade value so the Rockets can get rid of him faster.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The biggest issue is the same one we had the last 3 years: That the Western Conference is still tough. Not only can you still be above .500 and not make the playoffs, you must also compile your record playing a schedule that has you play Western teams twice as often as Eastern teams.

That said, I think the Rockets have a chance to make the playoffs but a lot of things have to go right for them.