1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Training Camp Footage - Day 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Arthurprescott2

It's painful to see McHale limp around like that even after so many years. He truly sacrificed his body for the game...

2. mirus

mirus Member

they r using the 2 pg line up lin-machado.nice chemistry.

3. AirSwish

AirSwish Member

Wow. From Part I, Asik has to dunk that ball when he gets that low (pass from Lin). He didn't even look at the basket. It looks like the white team won 24-12, since they were fouling at the end.

Part II. "That shows how lazy you are that you didn't even cross the half court line on that entire possession." :eek:

4. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I hope Lin has looked better when the video wasn't rolling.

5. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

i dont think so,
    Lin is playing the 2 / guard,
    how many years he didnt play the 2?
    +2years?
    he is trying to adjust, and in this few videos
    i saw more confidence in the team when Lin is at PG...

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bickerstaff is telling us things... who was the lazy guy?

7. luden

luden Member

thanks for the videos clutch, much appreciated!! Were you the one who said, "yikes"?

8. luden

luden Member

:eek: Chandler turned the ball over too. He's hanging out with Lin too much.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Patrick looking for love in the wrong place:

Patrick Patterson ‏@pdpatt
    Thinking bout crossing the border into Mexico.. #justathought
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Crossed:

Machado
    Martin
    Parsons
    McCamey
    Fogg
    Johnson

Lin was at halfcourt, at least.

That leaves Jones, Patrick and i think Greg Smith (numberless). Smith looked like he started running though...

#29 RV6, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  10. Arthurprescott2

One week until preseason... they look really raw out there. Anyone have a bead on what specifically they are working on? They don't seem to be running PnRs at all. Looks like encouragement of the bigs to post up (but not very effective). I saw a lot of swinging the ball around the arc which is ball-movement but it's cheap ball-movement, not very valuable.

11. sidestep

sidestep Member

That's an absurd excuse for Lin's TO. A bad pass is a bad pass, doesn't matter what position the passer supposedly plays. (And the difference between PG and SG in any real situation also less rigid than you make it out to be.) If you're going to complicate the context for the mistake, you can perhaps try to point to miscommunication with Asik, the intended receiver, or Lin misreading what Asik was trying to do. In the end, it's still a bad pass.

Notice that in Part II, 2:20, Parson's pass also leads to a TO. But RockSC doesn't talk about it, and no one mentions it. Why? Because a light bulb doesn't go off in people's head when Parsons commits a TO, but it does when Lin does it.

This is called confirmation bias. You tend to notice things about a player that confirm your preconceptions about the player, and things that don't fit that preconception don't stand out as much.

12. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

between all of them, Machado is looking like an allstar

13. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yeah they are really raw. I would love to see like longer video. Portland has like 1 hours worth of footage. Anyway, pre-season in 1 week. Jones is a really interesting prospect to me & seeing Omer hit that FT was good hopefully he gets his percentage up. Interesting to see Lin play off the ball. He wasn't very good off the ball last year. They wouldn't put him in a position where they didn't feel he could be successful so I am not to worried. I didn't see any footage of Douglas. I also want to see more of Scott as well. I really wished Royce was there would have been nice seeing some footage with him passing the ball. Anyway, thanks for the video.

14. Arthurprescott2

Based on what exactly?

15. roxxy

roxxy Member

No not really. I think a lot of the passes that he is used to making he won't be able to make in NBA games. I like Scott a lot too though. Did anybody see Douglas?

16. Arthurprescott2

What I've seen of Machado looked good. Asik was standing around in that 3rd clip. But overall 32 and 0 stood out the most (McCamey and Forbes). Not much to judge on and it is only the 2nd day. I'll reserve judgment until day 1 of reg. season.

17. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

first video today...the most beautiful play since now...i know its just a sample of everybody is doing...

18. roxxy

roxxy Member

I like Machado but I wonder if all the passes he is used to make will work in the NBA when the pace & the length of the players catches up to you. But yeah just want to see how everything is in an actual NBA game all of this means nothing until you see it on the court.

19. sidestep

sidestep Member

Douglas is #15. He's the only who defends Lin aggressively at end of Part I, hits a jumper from top of key, and bricks a jumper from right wing in Part II, and reaches in on Machado in Part III.

20. Arthurprescott2

Lol stop ragging on TD! He's there playing D, made a nice pass in IV(?), fighting through screens (over), and I think he took a shot in I or II (don't remember if he made it).