1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Trade Deadline won’t be able to fix all of Rockets’ problems

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Zergling

Zergling Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks we should sell on Capela. He's another younger Dwight with zero offensive skills and is the worst center to pair up with a guy like Harden.

I agree 100% with Clutch here. Instead of bashing Harden of his all offense, no defense game, embrace it. Load the roster with shooters and drivers and lead the NBA in offensive efficiency. The defense may be trash, but guess what? It's already trash. And this is despite having Dwight, Ariza, and Beverley in the starting lineup!

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I see Harden's play has fans "content" now.. This is why we need to get rid of him. If we build an offensive team around him , then at best we'll be 1st rd roadkill for the next 5 years.. Thats more depressing than just starting over IMO..

3. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Problem is that you need defense to get those fast break points and transition 3s...

4. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Your 2016 Houston Rockets, ladies and gentlemen!!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. kidhoward12

kidhoward12 Member

I would rep

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Looks like these guys are going to have to figure it out themselves.

7. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Bev should be Toto.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Typical Rockets fashion. Wait til the very last minute and pull some unnecessary side move that won't even make a difference. But it will get the board all excited about someone who will only end up being our latest scapegoat.
    I say let them sweat it out for the rest of the season because they should have gotten a dam coach when they had the chance.

9. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Hope not, I lose weight after a break up.

10. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

wrong person for scarecrow... the one that needs a heat is ...

11. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

You can't buy it or you can't understand it? Yes it seems ridiculous but it's very likely. You shouldn't need a person leading you to work hard, but it seems they do.

12. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

I admit it was a tossup between DH12/JBB on who gets Dorothy and who gets the scarecrow. :grin:

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Haven't been the biggest Howard fan before but I guess he was a good player for the Rockets and I came to respect him more than before.

Thanks, Dwight for the ride.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tinman should reserved for McGrady or Jeremy Lin only.

15. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

The cockeater Morey is Dorothy.

16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

funny oz pic but the dog should be replaced with a headless chicken with Corey brewer's face on it.

17. basketballholic

Did I actually read sell high on Capela? (Wow. I'm not the only one.)

18. basketballholic

We should embrace Harden's game by getting a truly great playmaking point guard who is a nasty defender to play the top and create easy, easy looks for both Harden and Dwight. Harden could average 35 in a true scorer's role and do it even more efficiently than he's already doing it. His shooting percentages would go up and his turnovers would go down....which would be a H-U-G-E positive for us.

If we could cut Harden's turnovers in half while also making him an even more efficient higher volume scorer then the extra benefits of that also mean we aren't in transition defense MORE than any other team in the league. Transition defense is a loser. Especially when Harden is pinched out down low and he's thrown it away or had it taken away, which is where 90% of his turnovers take place (in the lane). The way to improve your transition defense is to stay out of transition defense as much as possible. Right now we are in transition more than anybody in the league. And that's because Harden is turning the ball over at a historic rate.

BTW, glad you see the light on Capela early. We don't hnecessarily ave to watch every player that comes into this league play for 4 seasons of his rookie deal to figure out what he's likely to become as a finished product down the road.

19. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree 100% with the post Clutch good work. I think the big question for Morey and Les is do they punt the ball and shut it down this season or do they throw deep on a trade that could get this team to the 5th or 6th seed while losing their first round pick. Can they win a championship or are they first round fodder for opposing teams? Its going to be a very tough call for the front office brass to make.

Personally I would pull the plug on the season and ready my self for the 2016-2017 season. Shut down Harden and play the hell out of Capela, Harrel and Decker.

20. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yeah package Capela seems like the right deal, but depends who you can get.