1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Red Rowdy Experience

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 00rocketgirl, Dec 29, 2010.

1. amaru

amaru Member

Somebody get this man an IV he's not just thirsty, he's dehydrated.

:rolleyes:

2. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I understand where you are coming from but that is a bit harsh. I mean wishing that on a stranger? Is that ever warranted? Maybe if you said something more appropriate like "go f yourself" or "then fall down a flight of stairs" then I'd agree with you.

3. landryMVP

landryMVP Member

Are the rowdies gonna make another trip to san antonio again on Jan 29? Me and some of my friends met up with yall after halftime last time and we are gonna make another trip for this game which happens to fall on a saturday too. If so what section are yall gonna be in so we can try to get tickets in that area

4. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Honestly, dude, just stop. You got pwned. Just accept it and move on.

1 person likes this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Great read, Rocketgirl! I always look for you when watching the home games, and I watch them all on LP. You're always cheering like a madwoman. ;)

As for the goofus who dissed you, the "josh" chump, all I can say is that from the beginning of the Red Rowdy program, I've noticed an increase of cheering at games, and noticed it while watching the games on the tube. There are times when it is obviously contagious with the rest of the crowd and I don't doubt that the players appreciate it. If they decided to double their number, I couldn't be happier. That would make it twice as good (duh!).

Keep it up! :cool:

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

The give away last night they used was awesome. I wish they would use those more often. I think it's better than the thunder sticks, or as the Rockets call it, bangers.

The crowd used it in unison, it was awesome to hear.

7. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

The technical term was "fan bangos".

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you spotted a bunch of houstonians wearing cheap Pistons jerseys?

9. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

I dislike the Red Rowdies. They are too loud. I feel sorry for people who spent money on tickets near them.

10. landryMVP

landryMVP Member

when you buy your tickets it tells you that that is the rowdies section. If you don't wanna get loud, THEN DONT BUY TICKETS IN SECTION 114. Houston is ranked number 20 out of 30 in the nba attendance wise, That is TERRIBLE. The rowdies are a great thing for our team. And whether you are at the game or watching on tv, you can hear them and the players can too. Which is the whole point. If you want the environment to be calm then watch the game at home. Otherwise, put your fancy glass of wine down AND GET UP AND CHEER FOR OUR ROCKETS. If i could get off for every home game I would LOVE to be a rowdy.

11. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Well, he is from the desert.

12. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Don't worry Josh I got your back... us white people gotta stick up for one another. Thanks for letting me know btw, I probably wouldn't have taken your side if you didn't. These fools don't know what noise is. But we do. Red Rising! Red Rising! Josh is in the house. The Rockets are in the house. Gooooooo Rockets.

13. Relentless

Relentless Member

I agree.

Parading around as if they have an influence on the outcome of the game.

I sat with the "Rowdies" one time and never felt like such a dick.

SMH

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So we got one guy complaining the Rowdies are not loud enough, and the two of you complaining that they are too loud.

Guess there is not satisfying everybody.

15. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Houston needs the Rowdies, you can barely hear anything from the rest of the crowd in regular season games.

I do have one question though; What is with the gorilla masks and that guy dressing up as Darth Vader?

16. Roxs-Redemption

Wow...Josh Is White... got pwned

17. Showtyme11

Showtyme11 Member

I made alternate at the hooter try out
    opener
    Rocketgirl is an awesome rowdy we
    Briefly spoke , nothing but respect,
    But the other rowdies do have a false
    Of entitlement. But again rocketgirl
    Was awesome

1 person likes this.
  18. Showtyme11

Showtyme11 Member

And btw I was the one who was standing
    On the chair doin the Yao Ming chant
    Fun night

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Didn't want to bring it up again, but that guy shows what is wrong with American Sports. The majority wants to chill and doesn't really support their team via chants or anything like that, which leads to absolutely garbage atmosphere in the arenas. Compare that to Europe(yea I said it like 2 pages ago, but it's a serious topic), where 95% of the home-crowd work together and sing the same chants, wave giant banners and choreographies. The atmosphere is so much better and there's way more energy pushing the team. The only comparison i can think of is college-bball. The Red Rowdies kinda follow that idea, but they should be way more to get the crowd going. For real, you shouldn't attend a sports-event, if you don't want to be loud and support your team with everything you got. Wearin a jersey and sittin quiet doesn't help your team.

20. Sym0™

Sym0™ Member

Hey did anyone notice that Rocketgirl made a nice feature about her enviable experience as a Red Rowdy. Nice :)