1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[ClutchFans] The numbers are clear: Patrick Beverley deserves to start over Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 21, 2014.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who the hell does ?

2. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

It'll be a secret between u and me

3. tinman

Supporting Member

Lol you're right :p

1 person likes this.
  4. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

As certain philosopher said, the reality is highly subjective.

Like I said before, we shouldn't guess Clutch's intention because we were not him. But I do wish he had not posted that article though. It simply added more fuels to the fire. I have been trying to make peace on this thread from time to time. Certain linguistic genius micro-analyzed one of my posts and pointed out my bad English. Hence I was labelled as a typical LOF :grin:.

Peace.

1 person likes this.
  5. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

This sounds really familiar to me but subject is different.
    I will call it coma.

take it

6. Clarinetmonster

Yeah, in my short time here, I've been trying to make peace for the most part - but I think it's time we just admit the we actually apparently love controversy/debate and choosing 'sides'. Like I said before, people like it spicy, and nothing like a good close loss to get it cookin'. YeeeHawww!!! That's some mighty tasty chili pardner, what cha put in it? Oh just a dash of Lin vs Bev and a pinch of McHale sucks. Pretty simple recipe, but they keep linin' up to eat it!

7. kakaman

kakaman Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mh7LvwBckJw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OK which one of you is this?

8. Clarinetmonster

And the witch hunt starts in 3,2,1......

9. klkl96

klkl96 Member

That's the coach/management's agenda. First they take away the starting position by some excuses. And then next step put him on bench when games close.
    After all they didn't even offer Lin the far end of the bench at the first time by waiving him. What can you expect? They had to deal with the situation and had no power to say no when Les stepped in and signed him. But if he succeeds, it's only a slap on their faces for their judgement. And because of that judgement Les pays $20M more.

10. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

that's iJHolmes.

11. zdrav

zdrav Member

Beverly had one good game against the Blazers when he came back and all the LOHs were ready to declare VE Day.

12. Clarinetmonster

Yes, our memories are so very short, aren't they.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

what is LOH?

I'm a Lin fan, what does LOH mean?

14. hollandog

hollandog Member

I'm not sure what you mean by as long as Lin fans are civil when all I see is that you were insulting other members. Calling other people r****d and dumbass. Multiple members had to step in to call you stop the insult.

I reported your posts but it's up to the mods' decision. Apparently they are fine with you calling other members r****d and dumbass.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

i saw your join date. you're not a lof.

i think lin should start when the matchup dictates it.

16. Clarinetmonster

I think this makes a whole lot of sense and I thought that was what was going to happen with all the talk of 'we have 2 starting PG's'. Naive question: is the idea of changing starters based on matchup (especially for a role player position such as this) just a completely foreign idea or has it been done before/recently?

17. SirKen

SirKen Member

I disagree. PBev should finish when the matchup dictates it. Every other time, you leave Lin in to finish.

18. Clarinetmonster

Well, really you're not disagreeing, as starting games and finishing them are two separate issues.

19. SirKen

SirKen Member

I am disagreeing with the mentality. With this team Pat might be better as a starter since the bench does need some help.

I am also disagreeing with the mentality of starting being the core focus. Wasn't it about how Lin was going to get his minutes as a 6th man and close games out before? Wasn't it all about who finishes the games? The story gets changed here so frequently, it is hard to keep up at times.

20. Clarinetmonster

Isn't the 6th man typically 1st off the bench and usually finishes - it seems this team doesn't really have a 6th man - Casspi is usually the first one off the bench lately, with Lin coming in 2nd or 3rd - but Lin finishes games more often than Casspi - So does that make our 6th man Jomri Cassplin?