1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The numbers are clear: Patrick Beverley deserves to start over Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 21, 2014.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I don't think so. It lets his garbage fans know where we stand on Lin and much more importantly, where we stand with his fans. They can either leave their Lin baggage at the front door or realize that they are very unwelcome here.

2. pakattak

pakattak Member

Yep, the numbers don't lie.

But it just sucks. It's not like Asian American bballers happen every day, and seeing Lin start on a good team was inspiring to me, personally. To see him start with such promise yet fall into such obscurity is disappointing to say in the least.

3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

I don't get this Beverley vs Lin battle......as long as they both do their part and the Rockets win, then it is all good

1 person likes this.
  4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Nice article Clutch.

It's very obvious from reading it that Harden needs to come off the bench behind Lin as the 2-guard.

amiright?

1 person likes this.
  5. pakattak

pakattak Member

Lol, internet tough guy.

6. chenjy9

Supporting Member

It's not, Lin fans make it a battle. Rockets fans just want to win and starting Bev gives us the best chances of winning. Lin fans consider that some sort of huge insult to Lin because they think Lin is far better than he actually is.

7. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

All the LOF's needs to STFU and listen to Clutch cause this article is the Truth! Jlin is more effective on the bench.

8. chenjy9

Supporting Member

How is this me being an "internet tough guy"? This is a ROCKETS community for ROCKETS fans, not Jeremy Lin fans. They have their own idol worshiping site for that and are not welcome here, at all. Again, not acting tough, just dishing out truth. Besides, this message is now coming from the head honcho.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Dontcha think?

10. pakattak

pakattak Member

Because you're acting unnecessarily antagonistic towards a bunch of whiners on an internet forum.

And Clutch is god here, yes. It's his site, his rules and (most importantly) his bandwidth, but if these people were truly a problem, he (or a mod) can bust out the ban hammer. I say let the idiots talk. It becomes a problem when you start responding. Otherwise, it ain't hurting no one.

11. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

This could be the first LOF-less thread in a while... Who's gonna step up and try to debunk the math?

12. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Rocket fan only (RFO)! Whoever is the best starts! Because if the Celtics are crazy enough to depart with with Rondo for Asik and Lin. Done Deal Records!

13. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Never understood the whole dilemma. If Lin plays great and we win, then we win. If Lin plays poorly and we win, then we still win. Somehow, that constitutes that we should place blame on everyone else except for Lin on his performance? Regardless, I believe in the #'s. Beverley may have his short comings, but in the things he do, he does really well. Lin can't do that yet.

14. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

LOL. another Lin thread. ;)

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

16. RocketJoe

RocketJoe Contributing Member

Clutch with the kiss of death!

IB4T

Blah... blah.. POTENTIAL!
    Blah... MARKETING!
    Blah.. blah... COACH MCFAIL!
    Blah..RACIST!

1 person likes this.
  17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This article mirrors what a lot of us having saying over and over and over. Some people are just to stubborn to see it.

18. delishman

delishman Member

Totally agree that Bev is the easy choice for stater.

I do believe Lin still has a very valuable role on this team. Our bench has been putrid since he shifted into the starting lineup. Lin helps provide an offensive punch that one on on our bench is currently capable of.

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Stay Puff Lin!

20. pakattak

pakattak Member

Technically, I'm a "Lin Only Fan". I didn't really pay attention to the Rockets until Jeremy came into Houston (I didn't really start watching basketball until the early 2000s, so I never got to experience Houston's championship era).

But I'm not gonna sit here and say Jeremy Lin should start, because yeah, he's probably better off on the bench. But I can say that I WISH Lin would start, because I ****ing love the kid and want to see his face plastered on the tee-vee at the start of every game. It's not reasonable, but hey, who said being a hardcore sports fan was a reasonable thing to be in the first place?

4 people like this.