1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[ClutchFans] The numbers are clear: Patrick Beverley deserves to start over Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 21, 2014.

1. munsteur

munsteur Member

I think it is now a good time to revisit or close this thread:

January 21, 2014
    [​IMG]

March 13, 2014
    [​IMG]

Not so wrong anymore eh?;)

2. Little General

seriously dude... you gonna bring this thread up again? You can't change people's minds with stats. And now people are gonna flood this thread again. sigh*

3. verysimplejason

Shhh... This is "CLUTCHfans".

4. hollywoodMarine

Gif is not showing up

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

Can't see the last pic but let's stop with the recency bias.

7. theangrycanary

those numbers are pretty clear

Beverley,Patrick - Casspi,Omri - Harden,James - Howard,Dwight - Parsons,Chandler

this is our best lineup by far

lmao

8. Zergling

Zergling Member

9. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

I guess the fact that the team has an equal or higher winning % with Lin as starter doesn't matter to the Clutchfans community or that the pro-Bev stats are skewed because Lin often has minutes with him on the floor and with other starters; Bev has played 10 games without Lin and played like crap; Lin has played a number of games without Bev and played well.

10. yummyhawtsauce

i'm a lin fan, but these other lofs need to stop trying to prove clutch wrong or the numbers are clear etc. lin is playing well - just enjoy it and be happy lin and the rockets. ffs

11. steady

steady Member

I don't know what the numbers say, and I like the start unit.

But what I see is that sometimes (not often, but sometimes) the starting unit has a hard time getting going. In those games, I think McHale should try subbing Lin for Bev (or Dmo for TJones), something, to see whether he can jumpstart the offense.

12. Zergling

Zergling Member

It's like saying you should change the light bulb when the old one starts flickering. It's seems so obvious yet McHale just doesn't do it until we're losing by 15+

13. amak316

amak316 Member

People need to stop focusing on Lin vs Bev, I think TJ has hit a wall and adds little to nothing that we really need and cannot space the floor well at all. We should switch to small ball and let our 5 best players get the majority of the minutes. (Bev - Lin - Harden - Parsons - D12)

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

rather

Bev
    Harden
    Parsons
    Dmo
    Dwight

Jones generally plays well with Lin statistically speaking, but hes been getting abused lately.

15. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

The problem with numbers like these, it doesn't take into account what teams the Rockets played against.

For all we know Bev may have started in more games vs scrub teams while Lin started vs higher tier teams. We really have no idea based on these numbers.

16. Soft Takes

Soft Takes Rookie

It's not about what Should happen, it's about what will happen. Reality is no matter how well Jlin plays, Bevs gonna get he nod. No ones arguing we're better off with Bev starting over lin, but it's not up to the community is it? Don't know why people keep arguing about this...

17. verysimplejason

More importantly, after a lot of games, it became clearer... As somebody said in another thread (Howard's), Lin is the bench that's why he belongs to the bench. Without him, Rockets got no bench. This is the main reason why Lin belongs to the bench. It's a Rockets' immediate need and Lin barely satisfies as one. Apparently, he can't carry on his shoulders the whole bench.

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

that's just not true. Theres been plenty of games where Lin has closed over Beverley, but as joptmac noted the BevLinHardenParsonsDwight lineup is probably our best one if everyones firing. I'm not gonna argue that McHale probably prefers Beverley over Lin, but it's because the fact that Beverley is at least consistent despite not having that xfactor that Lin does, but when Harden is on the floor the necessity of Lin simply isn't as great.

With that said, Beverley has been pretty poor last few games. To be expected though, not easy to bring it defensively for an 82 game season and I hope this isn't a sign he's slowing down.

19. amak316

amak316 Member

Looks like the #s are clearing up in the opposite direction not many games later. This was my beef with the article, the numbers were never THAT clear in favor of Beverly and the sample was always quite small, for the owner of this site to post this article on far and away the most controversial topic on this site and clearly take a side over a small sample.

It was a kneejerk article and helped create more animosity/feuding in an already extremely volatile fanbase.