1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The numbers are clear: Patrick Beverley deserves to start over Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Zergling

Zergling Member

Not going to make a thread about this (yet again) joke of an article by Chris Baldwin of Culturemap, because he doesn't deserve the clicks.

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/...vin-mchales-only-damaging-himself-in-the-end/

Apparently Culturemap is a safe haven for LOFs in denial and refuse to hold Lin to any accountability (just read the comments/upvotes of the article)!

I feel sorry for MK Bower that he has to be associated with Baldwin. I'd like to see Clutch get Baldwin on a podcast so they can have a (one-sided) debate. It's quite possible Baldwin doesn't even believe this crap he's writing and is just doing it for the web clicks and appealing to a huge fanbase that's desperately looking for validation and to confirm their bias of their hero Lin.

2. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Wow, i couldn't even get through one paragraph. That has to be the most bias article i have ever read. The comments are just as bad. :/

3. Richard Djunk

Richard Djunk Member

I get that, but $30mil is still a lot of money for two relatively unproven talents, why not spend that money to lure a proven star/superstar, especially since Melo might leave.

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Holy crap... If I wasn't already aware of his other insane articles you could easily convince me this came from the onion as a joke piece and that the comments were just made up to add to the joke.

There is no way this guy can really believe the stuff he is writing. Gotta be for clicks. Although I would love to listen to it, something tells me this guy would never agree to come on the podcast.

5. langal

langal Contributing Member

If Lin gets over 30 minutes in a game it is probably because he is playing well. Does not necessarily mean he should be getting 30+ every game. Lately, he deserves around 13 minutes.

6. yummyhawtsauce

What was his FG? should be i think 50% as well or a loss

7. steady

steady Member

nice post

8. SK34

SK34 Member

Block.. Steal.. Saves the ball from Parsons.. gets fouled.. Then shoots a 3 and gets fouled.. Clearly a starter.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lin should worry about losing his spot to Canaan, not starting.

10. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Bev 5-8 from 3

and the things the stats dont show. HUSTLE

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Man... PBev really not wanting to go back to Russia! :D

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

Shockingly, Clutch is right and LOFs are wrong. I am amazed that this happened.

/Not Really

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The way things have been going, he should be worried about staying in the league after the current contract is up.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clutch you are right, and those who don't believe this should be crushed

15. moose

moose Member

The stats are CRYSTAL clear.

16. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

I agree

17. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

He is now up to 37.1% from 3, and has hit 51% of them in his last 10 games (24 for 47). I don't even want to look at Lin's stats...

18. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

:p:grin::grin:

19. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Way to ball Bev against your old team! Showing them what they missed out on! I can't think of any other starting PG that does all the dirty stuff Bev does.

20. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Beverley is approving his shot. He's pretty darn good around clutch time too.