1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The numbers are clear: Patrick Beverley deserves to start over Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 21, 2014.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Tee hee so witty.

Rockets are 5-1 when isaiah canaan plays.

tee hee hee.

1 person likes this.
  2. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

One has to wonder what McHale wants out of Lin. Was a triple-double not enough? The immediate game after the Rockets played against the Cavs where Lin recorded a triple-double, which I recall was against the Bucks, Lin was only on the court for about 20 minutes. Any logical human being would utilize a triple-double caliber player to the fullest, let alone an NBA head coach. Not to mention Lin being able to squeeze out a triple-double when inserted into the game every time when there are only three minutes left in a quarter and taken out of the game when playing well is an amazing achievement itself.

So maybe what McHale really wants Lin to do is that Lin was born of a different....

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Double check your facts.

4. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

Now this is an original and truly compelling theory! McHale is racist!

5. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Seconded.

6. Razsan

Razsan Member

Sam in fairness, that's not a good example. Canaan plays almost exclusively when the Rox are blowing someone out. A comparison of minutes between 2 like players, while not necessarily a perfect barometer, is closer to being a legit stat.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Closer =/ close

Lin is closer to the garbage heap than he was when this thread was first started - does that mean he's close to the garbage heap?

No, unlike that "stat" (or STAT).

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This is so damn tired.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Well there are only a few honestly. One real possibility is something centered around Lin, Asik, Jones, #1 and filler for Carmelo Anthony. The Knicks get good players (Asik/Lin) and they get pieces for the future (#1 and Jones).

10. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

all this laker's trade talk. what do the lakers have that the rockets can get? a post before says lakers can lure Love with probably Lin.Asik playing well for Lakers. Why would Rockets do the trade when Love is on the radar? - reality check please.

11. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

What happened to freedom of speech?

12. basketballholic

Rockets are 6-2 when Harden doesn't play.
    Rockets are 5-1 when Harden doesn't play and Lin/Bev do play.

My god man! The numbers are clear, trade Harden for a wing that will really help us!!!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The Rockets are 18-1 when TJones scores 15+ points. Better yet they are undefeated when he scores 19+ points.

The numbers are clear. Run the offense through TJones and we could probably go 82-0.

14. basketballholic

About as reasonable as getting Harden out of the rotation for Lin/Bev.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

You're free to throw around unfounded accusations of racism. I'm free to voice my opinion that it's tired.

16. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

No, it just means that whenever Lin plays well, the Rockets are hard to beat. When Lin is playing well, he brings so much off the bench. He can score, push the tempo and create for others. But lately he's not doing none of that.

He has been turning the ball over more and more and unable to get going. Its his decision making that needs some work. He seem unsure when he pass the ball. As a PG, Lin should be more aware and make smarter plays. If his shots aren't falling, attack the basket aggressively or shoot a few floaters. Right now, he needs to find a way to get his confidence back.

Our bench isn't that great as of late. Casspi has been struggling, D-Mo still has a lot to learn and Asik is also struggling. The bench needs Lin to lead them or else the Rockets will continue to lose big leads whenever the bench comes in.

17. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Nothing has happened to freedom of speech. The government will not punish you for the nonsense you post.

18. Richard Djunk

Richard Djunk Member

That's almost $30mil on the Knicks for Lin and Asik, they passed on the poison pill on Lin when his stock was at it's highest, why would they want to eat it now. I know it's the Knicks, but c'mon...

19. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

They would only count 16 total against the cap, so the luxury tax impact would be much less.

20. Richard Djunk

Richard Djunk Member

I'm with you, but I think a lot of teams could use Asik,even with the initial steep salary. I'm a big Lin fan and think he has big upside, but I'm realistic, I just can't see any team that will be willing to pay $12-15mil for him. Better to negotiate with him once he's finished with his Rockets contract, because I think there are teams willing to pay him $7-8mil a year.