1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The numbers are clear: Patrick Beverley deserves to start over Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Three weeks later...

Too funny.

1 person likes this.
  2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Says the person w/ a signature devoted to bashing Beverley. Gotta love it. LOL.

3. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

LOL Clutch too funny man

4. Drphil

Drphil Member

I think it's funny that you were waiting for this day.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Not really since Clutch posted this article a long time back. Clutch and most of the Rockets fans knew this. It was only the player only fans who were in denial but they are beginning to see the light. Better late than never I guess...

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Who was waiting for this day? I read two responses from a poster that completely contradicted his personal criticisms of me individually and I found it funny.

Jeremy Lin isn't as bad of a player as we saw last night or in the last few games. Patrick Beverley is also not as good of an offensive player as we saw last night. If you thought last night's game "vindicated" this article, you're wrong, just as those who spastically reacted to Beverley's 1-11 night were wrong.

The points made in the article were correct -- then and now. Some just preferred to be angry and believe it is an irrational decision to start Beverley and opted to attack me personally for relaying the message as to why he actually does start.

1 person likes this.
  7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Old Man Rock is too Old.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Y1AtU4JfTbo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Lin is not a complete player. His mental toughness is not strong enough to play through when he is not considered the 'star' player or one of the key players. He becomes hesitant and his aggressiveness to attack just vanishes. He needs to feel confident he has a key role in the team to excel. But he can't when there are so many others he has to defer to. We saw the brilliant games he played when Harden was injured and he was given lots of minutes to play point and attack. That is why the coaches went for the idea he comes off the bench when he has other lesser players around him and he doesn't have to defer. For some reason, he is still not the dominant ball handlers after Harden sits. Now that Bev is playing better, Lin's value is even less and less. Better trade him before he has no trading value with less and less consistency in his games. But there is still some question that if Harden is sidelined for extended time, who can pick up the play making role if not Lin? We have seen how inconsistent Bev can be too particularly in assist. Even the bad game Lin had in the last game when his shots just not falling, he dished out 6 dimes in about 20 minutes.

9. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

it's because he's never in the game without harden or parsons. harden seems to play the entire 1st, and when he sits, parsons comes back and controls the ball. add in bev bringing the ball up, dwight post touches, and casspi black hole and lin never gets a chance to "lead the bench"... in desperation mode (when harden is out) he plays great, consistently... dude just needs to be traded.

10. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

I agree. Trade him or use him to his strength. Otherwise his trading value will just less and less to help the team to get some value assets back.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Sorry, but the trade deadline has passed.

12. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Why didnt Morey trade Lin or Bev or better still both of them for a real PG?

Now we could be stuck with them for another year.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Maybe because teams weren't willing to give us better PGs for more than a King's ransom?

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Of all the typical Lin fan posting topics, the trade Lin because he isn't used right posts have got to be the most annoying. He plays a significant role on one of the best teams in the league and his fans can't wait to see him play for a crap team just so they can point to the box score and smile while not giving a crap about the only thing that really matters, the TEAMS record.

I will never be able to see things from a player only fans perspective. Just doesn't make sense.

15. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Yep, cant stand those Lin Only Fans! Annoying is an understatement my friend.

16. ChandlerBANG

ChandlerBANG Member

What those fans don't understand is Linsanity was a product of teams not being prepared against him... Lin is not going to surprise anyone anymore.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Listen I never did things just to do them -- what am I going to do just jump up on someone's couch and grind my feet like it's something to do -- come on I had a little more sense than that...

...yeah, I remember grinding my feet on Eddie's couch.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/n0w099fw4lw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  18. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

How bad are some people fishing for the Lin fan rep?

There's got to be an easier way to build the green ***do.

19. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

That may be the case. How do you explain then his many great games last year after ASG and towards end of season when Harden was fading due to ove usage? Or his great plays at the beginning of this season? If you are not biased, you cannot play a blind eye when Lin torched teams for 30+ games at times, especially when Harden was injured. Teams should have known him well then and prepared for him, right dude? So did teams shut him down? When Lin is aggressive and his team mates willing to set picks for him, he can penetrate at will against defenses. The question is why he is not attacking all the time and why his team mates not setting screens/picks for him all the time? If you watch other team starting pgs, you will see many screens/picks set to help their pgs. Not many pgs can do one-on-one penetration effectively unless you are Westbrook, Irving or the old Rose.

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

You forgot Harden.