1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[ClutchFans] The numbers are clear: Patrick Beverley deserves to start over Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

Done deal yet? Lin to celtics?

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'm not going to debate you on this. You have a very valid point and the only thing I can think is that you're wrong because my opinion is right. That's not worth reading so I'm not going to say it and I'm not contradicting you here to try to prove you're wrong/I'm right, etc. I really, honestly respect this input.

I think Jeremy Lin is a much better spot up shooter than the league gives him credit for. I also think he's a great wing type player (think Jason Terry with Dallas in the corners hitting threes or driving from the corner) that can easily guard today's SGs. I say good spot up shooter because of what he worked on in the offseason and what he was doing early in the year. He can get that back if he focuses on it.

If this trade goes down and CP25 is gone and Lin stays, I think Harden plays off the ball right or left and Jeremy fills the Chandler roll of cutting and spot up shooting.

Everyone wins if Jeremy plays the corners like Chandler does now.

On defense, Rondo and Jeremy pair pretty well. They both get their hands in the way when they defending PGs and SGs respectively. If this deal does go down, I'd expect fast breaks and steals to go up.

Rondo is also a great rebounder, so look for that change too. Entry passes to Dwight improve too, so if you can eek out this deal and you give up Chandler (who EVERYONE loves), you probably improve your starters quite a bit.

Bench is the issue for me if it goes down.

Also, Covington is a very very good rebounder at the 3 and Chandler is not. So if you want the Beard to have the ball more, Jeremy excepts a corner three/drive roll and Covington rebounds in Chandler's stead, this team becomes the rebounding team that McHale was looking for at the start of the year and they lose nothing offensively. Who will hit Chandler's 3s? Lin.

So that's all my opinion of how that would work, but you have an extremely valid point. It could just as easily clog the paint and stop the ball movement.

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

yeah for Boston

4. theangrycanary

Actually, I do remember specifically Lin getting yelled at, because he prevented some guy from attacking the rim. I thought it was weird, and that is why I remembered it. I'm pretty sure it was Rubio. They wanted him to attack the rim I think.

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

No, he got yelled at for playing Rubio too close. McHale wanted Lin to invite Rubio to shoot, because Rubio is very very very very very

very very very very very veryvery very very very veryvery very very very veryvery very very very veryvery very very very veryvery very very very veryvery very very very veryvery very very very veryvery very very very veryvery very very very veryvery very very very veryvery very very very veryvery very very very veryvery very very very veryvery very very very veryvery very very very veryvery very very very veryvery very very very veryvery very very very veryvery very very very veryvery very very very veryvery very very very veryvery very very very veryvery very very very veryvery very very very veryvery very very very veryvery very very very veryvery very very very very

bad at shooting/scoring

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Yeah I saw that too on TMZ

7. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Please just stop. Even if the Rondo trade somehow happens and Lin is still here, he is still not starting. That is a crazy small lineup. I don't who would start at the 3 but our back court would be Harden and Rondo. As long as Jeremy Lin is a Rocket he is going to be coming off the bench. JUST ACCEPT IT.

8. Little General

The one who started it has no knowledge of basketball at all. He is just trolling and saying whatever. And I can't believe that people don't see that and are seriously replying to his stupid idea... smh

9. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Good god, just lock this thread up! Guess it would really matter through cuz you guys would just continue this every other thread. Even when another thread has nothing to do with Lin someone will bring him up thinking their being funny. It's not, it's annoying.

I really couldn't figure out who was worst, LOF's or LOH's. Now I lean toward the LOH's cuz their just plain hateful. They say things just out of spite, just to get a rise out of his fans even if they truly don't believe it. If you can't support your team(and this goes for both LOF'S AND LOH'S), you need to ask yourself if your really the Rockets fan you think you are. :confused:

10. yummyhawtsauce

lol really someone said Lin woudl be starting if Rondo came? I'm a Lin fan but there's no way Lin will be starting over Rondo. He would be backing up Harden ideally. No idea where Bev would go, as a backup for Rondo maybe. But minutes for the guards will be very limited for the bench.

11. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I concur. Why are we still discussing this when Rondo looms...

12. Clarinetmonster

I think the somewhat whacky assertion was that Lin would start at SG with Rondo at PG and Harden at SF (for defensive purposes to cover up for his deficiencies) - Not saying it couldn't work, just saying it wouldn't be done in the starting lineup, just for short stretches as they do now.

13. don grahamleone

Shhhh.. Little General, don't say a word. Daddys gonna buy you a mocking bird.

You should really read a lot of my posts before making that distinction. I can't even begin to tell you how much basketball I've consumed. Were you even born when I joined? I can give you a long list of people I've seen play live. Would Michael Jordan ring a bell?

Did you know that Clarence Weatherspoon had all the makings of a great power forward and just suddenly lost it after a few years? Have you seen the tallest player to play in the NBA? I saw him play with Mugsy Boggs from the baseline. You've added no argument worth reading. Calling me troll and doing a good old fashion smh ain't exactly brilliant debating.

Just bring your best to the fire and make me respect your knowledge or let it go, but I'll forget more about basketball that you'll ever ever know.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If we get Rondo, we won't have to ask whether the numbers are clear.

15. don grahamleone

Yeah, you gotta figure out what to do when a tier 1 SG comes along with this lineup. Basically, what do you do when you face Miami or the Pacers?

For the minutes that really matter:

Rondo - Lebron
    Dwight - Bosh
    Harden - Wade
    Lin - Ray Allen
    Bev - Chalmers

I don't know how they would attack us, but I'd be nervous.

Rondo - Paul George
    Dwight - Hibbert
    Jones - West (ouch)
    Harden - Lance
    Bev - Hill

Same here. Jones or Harden or Rondo are mismatched.

16. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

dude is just trolling...

only reason Lin would be starting over Rondo... is if Rondo was hurt

not even sure why anyone would think Lin would not be packaged and traded for Rondo in the first place

unless its a troll trying to rise up the longtime Rox fans...

17. Little General

Exactly. Or he thinks it's a good idea, but that just shows how little he knows about basketball.

18. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

This is where it all start. An old timer being sarcastic about Lin should start with Rondo and now that is going to be pinned on the Lin fans. This happens a lot where miss information further polarize the craziness.

Getting Rondo will end the debate of Ln vs Bev and end this thread. I really enjoy watching PB&J back court, they seem to compliment each other pretty well. Hopefully we could still see 1 or 2 more games of that before one of them is traded

19. don grahamleone

Both of you need to read before running your mouth. Read. Lots of reading. I read every single post in the Rondo thread before replying. I do this thing where I read details and for comprehension too. It's a trick I learned when I was in school.

Rondo starts, Harden starts and this is going to blow your mind if you actually read it, Lin starts too. I never said anything about Lin starting over Rondo. Read. Read it twice if you don't understand. It's okay to not get it the first time, it's rude to reply without reading.

20. langal

langal Contributing Member

Rondo's free throws are almost Dwight/Asik type of bad.

I think in a game of horse between the three, Asik would win. But Dwight and Rondo would play for hours for second place.

Would still like to get him - but less thrilled the more I think about it..