1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Jeremy Lin-Carmelo Anthony jersey controversy is ridiculously overblown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 3, 2014.

1. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Which profession are you in that you don't get screwed with? Or are you still a teenager? And he isn't getting screwed with, he is just mentally weak and immature.

2. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

It's Summer. There is no class! :grin:

3. calcium

calcium Member

More importantly, which profession are YOU in?

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Like when they interviewed Rick Adelman for Jeff Van Gundy's job? RA had the class to call JVG, Les just cares about getting the right people. Not sure how I feel about that.

5. langal

langal Contributing Member

I don't see many Lin-crazies. It's basically been LOF witch hunt on any who think it was disrespectful.

6. RCPM

RCPM Member

That is because you are soft, just like lin.

1 person likes this.
  7. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Imagine if you worked in an office, an interviewee comes for a meeting, and your boss shows the interviewee your desk/office space and says to that person "this office will be yours if you (interviewee) join us" while you're still using it. Wouldn't you be slightly piqued by that move? Would you think it was a little insensitive? That's pretty much what the Rockets did. They're getting skewered in the nationals sports media because it was brazen and sort of a d**k move. A more professional organization like the Celtics, Lakers or Spurs wouldn't do something like this.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Just saw the thread after posting this in the other one, so I'll post it here as well.

I realize that social media is what we have here. We do social media. It's ClutchFans. As someone from the generation whose formative years were spent without mobile phones, without personal computers, without the internet (and I had a fabulous time, believe it or not, with more freedom that many of you), and up to my neck in science fiction (where the best writers in the country didn't think of a future with quite this kind of "social media"), I never dreamed of a scenario where a very, very intelligent young professional basketball player, who went to Harvard, one of the best universities on the planet, would seriously believe that going on Twitter and telling the world how his feeling are hurt and that he's been disrespected by his employer could possibly be a good idea.

Going to management and quietly asking for a public apology for what was clearly a blunder by someone at the lower end of the Rockets food chain, which I don't doubt for a second the Rockets would have given him, would have been the obvious and logical thing to do. The choice Jeremy made was more the choice a freshman at Southwest Texas State might have made, not the choice of Harvard graduate with 4 years in the NBA under his belt. I'm deeply disappointed in the man. Shocked, really. His action was not professional. A flunky with the Rockets blundered, certainly, but Jeremy's decision was a blunder of the same level, probably worse, because this could very well damage his career.

Organizations might put up with a super star going to great lengths to damage his team's reputation, but few, if any in my opinion, would put up with a rotation player, one that they gave a huge contract to, blasting that team for all the world to see, ignoring the logical reaction... a private request for a public apology. Calling Mr. Lin a drama queen in this instance would not be an over reaction. As a fan of Jeremy, I have to say that he has let me down. The man still has some growing up to do.

1 person likes this.
  9. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If it's not Lin, it's not a story.

10. highlander3128

Lol at those haters without the ability of thinking independently, but what does it hurts? In the end, the more hate brings more hit rate. See those ad banners? I don't remember seeing that many 10 years ago. I don't blame Clutch for that, but this forum is not what it used to be.

1 person likes this.
  11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Good article Clutch.

All this was totally unnecessary. Lin being a drama queen exacerbated the situation. It has happened several times before and will happen several times in the future.

Lin needs to work on his shots, his D and turning the ball ever instead of taking to scoial media to cry foul and have his delusional groupies fall for it. Just insecure and mentally fragile.

12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

It's coMing!

13. calcium

calcium Member

So who do you think will be our 3rd superstar?

That is, if Melo doesnt make it here.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

To add, not only is Lin turning out to be a drama queen, but he is becoming a big phoney. Having the holier than thou God attitude on social media quoting Bible phrases and then turning the other way and paying for hoes.

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

I feel disrespected now. If I knew any proverbs, I would roast you. Sadly at state they only taught me pronouns.

#175 CCorn, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes, well, we all have our crosses to bear. You could have gone to A&M. ;-)-

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

This is absolutely spot-on!

18. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

: To Calcium

The same thing my wife calls me K-Love. I'm not sold on the idea of Melo's talents meshing in with our current squad, as much as I am with Kevin's.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Kyle Lowry was so upset by giving Anthony his 7 that he signed with the Raptors.

Smooth move, morey.

20. calcium

calcium Member

I too prefer KLove over Melo for the team.

Sadly, I think the chances of KLove coming here is even less than Melo.

My feeling is that we are not going to end up with any 3rd superstar.