1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Chandler Parsons Contract: An Analysis (UPDATED)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BimaThug, Dec 23, 2012.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

BT, [part of] your work made it to HoopsWorld.

Congrats? :p

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Glad to see they weren't dumb enough to deny proper attribution when stealing material from a lawyer.

3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Thanks Bima!! You certainly are a skilled writer! I appreciate the
    time and effort that you put to provide this information to to forum.
    We are lucky to have you! GO ROCKETS!!

4. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Thanks, just saw this. Glad to see that the Parsons piece will be viewed by a wider audience now.

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Glad to know we can make CP a restricted free agent by next year and give him the pay raise he deserves.

6. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Correct me if I'm wrong... but this is what I've been concluding to:

So, getting Durant (thinking for the future) would mean no playing time for Parsons (both are SF's) and we'd 100% have to get rid of him, right? ( I like Parsons and want him to develop more, but if we could get Durant and somehow salary cap financially wise be able to afford him, I'm all in, just fyi ).

Speaking of Parsons, his cheap 1.8 million that's how much it is right? (is a steal IMHO) rookie contract is over in 2015, right? And I'm SURE Parsons knows he's worth more than a roughly $900,000 a year player. So look for Parsons to want a hefty contract extension, or he'll go to a different team, right?

For example, Gordan Hayward (Utah Jazz), is statistically a little better than Parsons and is 2 years younger than Parsons, and I think he'll be setting the bar for how much Parsons will be worth once Hayward agrees to whatever amount $$ for his extension by October 31st this year, right? Rumors are it'll be a little more than 4 year/$50 million it seems.

In conclusion I'd rather somehow get a true PF now and and somehow get Durant in 2016 instead of signing Parsons to a big amount in 2015 if that's what it takes for all this to work out.

Let me know what you all think.

7. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Hmmm. If the question is Chandler or Durant, that is indeed a tough choice. Much like picking an All-Time Baseball team and deciding between Hank Aaron or Dave Hostetler.