1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Terrence Williams on potentially leaving the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 20, 2012.

1. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

This should have been a year that we gave everyone of those 09 picks a chance to prove or hang themselves. We are going to be just good enough again to nit get a good pick.

2. Dream Shake 81

As a an everyday Joe, I'd say you cant blame him for being frustrated. I feel for him.

As a Rox fan, I'd say to T-Will to just implement yourself in the best way you can. If I was in his shoes, I would really focus on helping my teammates practice hard and get better- Coaches notice that type of effort. Your reputation can only improve, which is quite important when needing a recommendation. If he could answer those questions again, he should say

" As part of my job- I am working hard with my team to get the rotational players ready for each game. The team is #1. If the coaching staff decides I can be part of the rotation, even better. In the off season, I would be open to a market where I can provide quality minutes while being the best teammate I can be. "

I wish T-Will the best, we all know the man can play..

3. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

I'm tired of this loser. I don't like to use the term "entitled" but this clown is the biggest example of a guy that thinks that just because he got drafted early means he gets time on the court.

I hope he reads this because I was really rooting for him to get on the court. I wanted to see the nasty defense he was known for in college. I wanted to see an athletic beast hit the court and shut down the guy in front of him. Instead he was more concerned about staring at the cameras and is completely discombobulated at both ends of the court.

The reason Parsons plays over him isn't about numbers or even potential for that matter. It's a guy that listens and gives 110%. The guy isn't some complete player that he thinks he is. The best aren't born that way. They aren't even drafted that way. The best start off good and they aren't happy until they have no weaknesses.

As far as I'm concerned, T-Will never played for the Houston Rockets. He played for the Twitter T-Wills. Ship this buffoon out of here and spray some Febreze to remove the stench. I don't care if he goes to be the GOAT somewhere else... he doesn't deserve to put on a Rockets uniform.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I have learned not to trust whatever D'Antoni says. This guy has a habit of deflecting blame of whatever coaching mistakes he made.

I have no doubt that he is a great 1-on-1 player. But real basketball is 5-on-5. I am sure the coaching staff understands that too.

5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Jesus, if you can't figure why this Rockets team prefers to play the 6'10" defensive stopper at small forward over TWill then you must struggle with life. I can't think of a single thing that Williams does better than anybody else on the team. Not one thing. Basketball is a meritocracy, or it should be.

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I agree 100. I keep using the same tired example of doug christie. It wasn't until he got consistent minutes did he produce. I was listening to ryan anderson on espn radio the other day and I think it was freddie coleman, and he talked about his breakout season and lin. He played aau ball with lin and he just talked about a coach giving you a real chance with real minutes. He said that's why he's and lin are producing. I mean, prior to the hip injury, flynn was playing pretty good for a rookie too. Thabeet was solid in his rookie yr after a d league stint. I'm just a firm believer in playing young guys when you have them. Especially on a non contending team like the rockets. As I've said before also, williams is a 2,not a 3.

1 person likes this.
  7. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough. But D'Antoni was not deflecting blame. He was admitting to an almost mistake.

I am sure the coaches can count, too. But Wiliams was doing this during 5-on-5s, beating his one-on-one match up and finishing or passing off. Poor phrasing on my part, made for too easy pickings apparently.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

good to see you got that moniker back

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Sorry, but i we have been on this ride already. Rarely will a writer just throw his own words in a story. The story mentioned that he said he wouldn't resign and i believe he said those exact same words. Someone pulled him to the side between then and now so the story has changed a bit.
    Look, we all know that Terrence can be a little childish at times about not playing. We were all waiting for him to explode eventually. Admit it.

10. diehardNFFL

diehardNFFL Member

Avery Johnson is a worse coach than Randy Wittman, which is saying a lot because Wittman is among the worst NBA coaches EVER.

11. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Free T-Will !
    [​IMG]

For me, please!

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Sounds like a much too late attempt at PR to me...
    Didnt BimaThug even tweet him about 'leaving the door open' on a return to Houston (after 4th yr option not picked up) and he replied "no I dont think so" (or something along those lines)
    I'm sorry we wasted a pick on him, but wish him the best of luck - somewhere else....

13. clos4life

clos4life Member

Can't say the dude hasn't been professional about it. He has been real with his audience. I may not think he will bloom with our team but I wish him the best.

I mean, look at how T-Will is handling things versus the way T-Mac is in Atlanta. And T-Mac is actually playing. I would rather have T-Will a million times over.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Someone tweet this to TWill please... :)

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

This is what makes ClutchFans so great! From the horse's mouth. No offense, Twill, just a figure of speech. I'm a fan; I still think you are going to get your break.

16. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

First, Flynn just sucked in general on the Wolves that second year. Blaming his bad second year on the hip injury is like blaming Aaron Brooks's terribad final season with us on that ankle injury - it works for a while, but there's a point where it's no longer an excuse. And Flynn was basically 2010-11 Brooks, but even worse.

And look, for every Ryan Anderson, there's a McCants. Or a Gerald Green. Or a Stromile Swift. I don't believe at all in a policy of just giving a player 20 minutes just because and telling him "Good luck." If they can prove it, great. Parsons proved it, that's why he get minutes. Williams didn't, as far as I'm concerned. Besides, I didn't follow NBA that heavily back then, but Christie from what I know became a "3 and D" player, and T-Will is not that kind of player at all. Maybe he becomes that, but well, we already have a guy who does that extremely well in Lee.

I... kind of doubt that. Because from what I've seen in T-Will in games, the guy can get to the rim, but he's not a guy who's really good at finishing.
    Besides, if the reports were correct, Brian Cook was an effing monster during practices.

17. JonesDaddy

JonesDaddy Contributing Member

I think the best thing T-Will could do for himself is ask to be sent to the D League, because he would get legit minutes running the system.

It has been so long since he has played meaningful minutes that it's understandable that he looks uncomfortable on the court.
    The only way to get that feel for the game back is to actually play it, and spot minutes only perpetuate the lack of consistency.

So if he went to the D League for a few games:

Most likely, he would put up big numbers and increase his value.
    It would be mutually beneficial for another team to want a look at him.
    T-Will would get to play, and the Rockets might get some small pittance for the traded pick.
    If he puts up a couple triple doubles, then anyone who is even thinking of signing him this summer may give up a 2nd rounder for 2 month preview.

Best case scenario, he would play really well and find his comfort zone within the system.

Worst case, he still looks lost in the D League and is gone at the end of the season.

If nothing else, I'm sure it would feel good for him to really play again.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Hard for Williams to be a 2 since he has zero ability to play off the ball. He literally starts quitting on offense when he doesn't get the ball. It's pretty ****ty to see. Williams' problem is he needs the ball to have any kind of success on offense, but he hasn't shown any consistent point guard ability. The decisions he makes with the ball are questionable at best. Yeah he does have the ability to see the court and make some nice passes every so often, but the number of times that he makes poor decisions and makes passes that make zero sense far outweigh the good decisions.

He is a solid defender, but you are right he isn't a 3. He doesn't have the size to defend 3's in the NBA. If Williams had the same attitude as Parsons or Courtney Lee then there is no doubt in my mind that he would be playing, but he doesn't. Parsons knows he isn't a lead guy but Williams doesn't seem to recognize this. This represents a major problem. If you could put Lee's skills and mind into Williams' body then you would have one hell of a player......but that simply isn't reality.

Williams' head is the number one impediment to his success. I hope he figures things out one of these days, but it won't be with the Rockets.

1 person likes this.
  19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

So according to clutch, who actually talks to guys in the know, says it's more about Chandlers emergence as a defender than fans saying it's because twill being a knucklehead tweeter. I'll take Clutch's word for $1M

20. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Done. Tweeted the inspirational thread. Hopefully this makes him own practice and the court.