1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

clutchfans t shirts

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by emcitymisfit, Oct 4, 2010.

Tags:
  1. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

I don't know if this idea has been floated before, but I bet a printing of at least 100 would go fast and help pay for the site.

2. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

been suggested tons of times, for various reasons including not messing with the NBA's intellectual property, it aint happening.

and if you think a small run of tshirts would pay for the massive amounts of bandwidth this site uses, you dont know much about how much it costs to run a site this big.

3. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

If a simple shirt with the Clutchfans.net logo would be messing with the NBA logo, then how does this site exist?

And I never suggested it would pay for a large chunk of the site, but 100 shirts at a conservative $10 profit on each would be $1000, nothing to scoff at, even if it is just a fraction of the budget.

1 person likes this.
  4. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

NBA intellectual property, rather.

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Because nobody is making money off of it.

The second you start tryin to make money off the NBA's property, they *will* come down on you like a tons of bricks.

6. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Fair enough. I just didn't think they owned the word "Clutch" in the context of basketball. Granted, I'm not an IP lawyer, but it seems like they should be suing the makers of NBA Jam and tons of other companies if that were true.

And if running ads and having a tip jar to help pay for the site is ok, why isn't a small run of T shirts?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, and I'm sure I'm not pointing out anything that you guys haven't thought of before, I just don't get it.

7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

of course the idea has been floated before.

ad nauseum.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Let's just make tshirts for the Hangout. No NBA rules there. Might be some Taco Bell issues, though, when the word, "Gordita" is prominently displayed.

9. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

lol nope, but once I compiled that list, I found a similar post by Castor27

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yeah I've seen threads of this same topic few years ago. I would rock a CF hat though.

Also I think tipjar and selling shirts is two different thing. One is just there and it's not really advertised or anything, while selling would clearly be for purposes of making a profit, whether it's to help pay a fraction of the site, or not.

Although haven't people worn a CF shirt to games before that they personally made? Maybe I'm imagining it.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

What if someone happens to make red shirts that say Clutchfans, that were neither made, designed, nor sanctioned by Clutch Crew? In fact, it could only be hearsay that they're related to the site. Still illegal? :p

But OK - legit (probably stupid, probably frequently asked) question - what is it about this site that makes it NBA intellectual property? Is it the fact that we dedicate it to a specific team?

12. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Are you serious? No? OK... I'll make a bunch of shirts that say "napalm_black's mom. i did her." You OK with that? ;)

14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

thadeus would want royalties on that...

15. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Forget the T-shirts, I'm really interested in how the NBA thinks they own the word "Clutch" when it refers to basketball. I'm not asking this in terms of trying to fight it, just pure curiousity.

16. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Wasn't someone selling Morey Tshirts??

17. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

well this very website used to be called ClutchCity.net until the admins changed it voluntarily to avoid any type of repercussions, if I am not mistaken...

18. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member