1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Some videos of Yao's workout (UPDATED: Includes EVERY Yao play)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

This great indeed. I cant see how martyn plays with Yao. I think KM will get alot of open looks now with yao. It also means that those who sag off to collapse on yao will get punished serverly by KM,Battier and Brooks.

2. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Chuck still has crap ass form on his shots.

BUT YAO <3

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

The most important thing is if his foot is pain free and he can move without limitations. Everything else will fall in place. On a side note, i dont see the benefit of playing against a player 1ft shorter like hayes. I remember how before deke came back,yao was getting his shot blocked alot. Deke came back and he didnt get blocked as much. There is something to be said about shooting against players almost your height to contest your shot. Just as a player, i didnt see a guy who was my height. Unless you were 6'6 or taller, i didnt see or feel you could contest my shot. Yao at 7'6 dont even see hayes. Hell, miller would have trouble contesting a shot by yao.

1 person likes this.
  4. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

The white dude was 7'1.

5. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Gave me goose bumps!!!

6. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

woot watch out everybody! the big fella is coming back

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Great footage, but they should practice fronting Yao in this same drill. Also, the kickout needs to be defended for the repost practice to be effective.

I know this was just a drill, but being creative in recreating a game situation has got to be a bigger priority if the big man is going to work on his weaknesses and become truly great.

8. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

I saw yao's workout and I jizzed in my pants.

9. leibs2002

leibs2002 Member

they are just trying to get him in shape. no need to overdo it

10. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

Best Center in the League. And Chuck has really been working on his offensive game these last couple years. I guess getting laughed at by thousands of people and constantly being called a offensive liability will get you to fix your free throw shot and pick up a couple moves.

You got to love this teams work ethic. You know we have a bunch of gym rats on this team I love it. :)

11. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Anyone else notice at 4:27 where yao catches the ball in one hand and palms it.. I miss the big guy, im excited!! :grin:

12. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

13. kevtse

kevtse Member

Thanks! This made my day!

14. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

Thanks for posting the videos Clutch.

Like most of the posters, it's great getting a glimpse of the big man playing again. I hope he gets into better shape sooner than later, but his soft touch is always a treat to watch.

On a side note, I'm hoping chuck gets to play his natural position all season. He's looking great in the video too.

15. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Shanghai shake and all those moves, he was pretty quick doing them. I am not complaining or anything but he looked so slow even when he tried to turn and shoot. He will have plenty of time to work on it, though.

16. jaychi

jaychi Member

Chuck with the jumper!!!!with the JUMPER!!!It is like Karl Marlon-esque. When Malone started he had no jumper but he was good in slapping the ball.The jumper became his trademark eventually. When Chuck started he had no jumper but he was good in slapping the ball.The jumper became his trademark eventually?

17. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Chuck blocked him at least twice or three times from what I remember. Definitely guarded him a lot better than that 7'1" d-leaguer.

Maybe the people you played against were just bad so you didn't feel them?

18. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Fronting means nothing in one-on-one???!!! All that you do is lob it in, and it is an easy layup. The only time you can use fronting is when there is weak-side defense.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

This is the first time I think the Rockets are totally prepared for the fronting of Yao Ming, they move the ball more crisply than any previous team that he has played on, and have offensive threats all over the floor....

I think if they try to front Yao this year, teams will seriously pay for it.

DD

1 person likes this.
  20. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

My thoughts exactly. And with actual perimeter/three point shooters around him, it will be like a pick your poison scenario.