1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Some videos of Yao's workout (UPDATED: Includes EVERY Yao play)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 24, 2010.

1. olajuyao

olajuyao Member

LOL... my 2 yr old daughter was applauding yaos practice. I met Francis today pic coming soon.....

2. bloop

bloop Member

By design. Chuck is one of the physically strongest low-to-the-ground defender in the entire NBA. The other kid was in there to provide some length. Morey got to work Yao out through a range of different defenses. Not to replicate game time intensity but to get some reps in with different types of defenders.

Yeah and if Brooks lost to Yao in HORSE we'd be screwed coz that would mean Yao is a better guard than AB and how good can a team be with Yao running the point?

On top of that you realize that the point isn't really for Yao to beat Chuck in some drill right? It's for Yao to get conditioning and work on the offensive moves that he wants to work on. Yao has an entire internal checklist of skills he needs to work on for himself to get ready for the season. I'm not sure what you think Chuck missing a lot of shots but being faster to the loose ball than Yao in some drills means...

Everything in that entire video is NOTHING but encouraging dude.

1 person likes this.
  3. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

yao looks great! i cant wait for the season to start! i want to see how good we really are.

4. optAmystik

optAmystik Member

Well, all of this footage got me excited so I went to youtube and found this mix.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f9EiQIUYXeo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f9EiQIUYXeo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Is it 1.26.10 yet?

5. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

i am glad to see the big fella back, he looked okey, and would continue to get better as season progresses. it will be a season full of hopes.

6. optAmystik

optAmystik Member

uhh ... that's 10.26.10.

7. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Can't wait for the season to start now. Forget Anthony. Lets play with what we have and play as a TEAM!!!

8. albuster

albuster Member

Thank youuu! I haven't heard this kind of good news in a very long time. I can't even remember when the last piece of good news was. It is getting exciting in Rocket town once again.

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

:)

Heap big smile. Daryl don't you dare trade either of my men!!

Great videos clutch! I enjoyed them immensely.... in fact I may watch them both again.... and again.

Is it October yet??

#129 Hayesfan, Aug 24, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yao seemed to be moving pretty well, all things considering. I see no reason to believe he won't return to form if his feet hold up. Chuck looked solid too. I must admit I'm cautiously optimistic. This could be a very exciting year.

11. hatwin1976

hatwin1976 Member

Thanks Clutch.

Although it is too earlier, I can see that there is no current NBA player can stop Yao on 1:1 case. :eek:

12. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Big fella looks great!

Now limit his damn minutes until the playoffs!!!!!

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

great!!!!

14. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

thanks clutch.

1 things that impressed me, Chuck has been practicing his offensive moves, he's shown a lot more in this vid than I have seen in a long time. Also, he has been working on his free throws... his hitch seems to be going away and he is making them.

2. Yao got some of dreams moves. He seems out of shape but the last game in the clip he looked like he turned it up alittle. He still got the touch.

15. Karolik

Karolik Member

Either chuck is that good, or Yao Ming's one to one defense has horribly backtracked.

16. WNBA

WNBA Member

Yao is still hobbling and a long way to play on the court.

17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Agreed. Yao looks pretty fluid out there. Very good news.

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. amaru

amaru Member

Chuck hit several jumpshots!!! :eek:

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Why not thank Clutch for providing this stuff to us? There's this thingy you click on that works, from what I understand. Just an FYI.