1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Sergio Llull to Houston? Not this year.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 6, 2016.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Harden was supposed to be wining and dining free agents all summer. If he is serious about this, he needs to head over to Spain and spend a week with Llull. Hang out every day and talk about what it would be like in Houston.

Stop sending managers, send the leader. If he tells Harden no, I'd accept that answer.

2 people like this.
  2. don grahamleone

3. don grahamleone

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Llull is full of bull. I really wish all mention of him would stop. Why even enter a draft?

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm beginning to think he's whipped by a Catalan girl from his home island of Minorca, who doesn't want to leave.

Would you...

[​IMG]

#65 heypartner, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

That's probably one of the best ideas I've ever heard.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

People, if you have never been to Spain please don't act like you have any idea what you are talking about on the Llull front. The Spaniards enjoy their lives far more than we do. And enjoying life should be more important than your profession. If you love basketball and you love Spain, why not play basketball in Spain. I wouldn't leave Spain for Houston; and if I was already a millionaire it wouldn't matter how much you paid me. What, to win a title? Compete at the highest level? Who cares. Women, wine, scenic beauty, amazing food, and they encourage you to take naps in the middle of the day. Nuff said.

8. BackdoorHarden

What's up with this dude?

He gets to play with Harden and see all the hot strippers in Houston...what's wrong with him? He gay??

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Also they play FEWER GAMES, thats less wear & tear on body, & more off time to enjoy their lives

But then it makes players like Rudy Fernandez too soft, content and unaccustomed to anything outside of that.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Simmons asked on twitter how is he not in NBA..

Morey:

11. Raven

Raven Member

This guy is probably leaving a 50-100 million on the table by not playing in the NBA.

Winning!

12. tonyt8605

tonyt8605 Member

Spain is making the ketchup and mustard look good

13. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Have you lived there? I definitely wouldn't say the average spaniard is happier than the average American. They aren't even in the top 55 according to the happiness index. I was only there 3 months, so maybe you saw something I didn't, but the economic turnoil in Europe definitely seems to be taking its toll.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Hard to not be happy in Spain when you're a millionaire. Llull is a millionaire.

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Im guessing it has to do with how beautiful Spain is...That being said...he is missing out on earning potential.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Have you ever been to the island of Minorca? That's where Sergio is from, as well as his hot girlfriend whom I posted above.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm not blaming him for not wanting to come to the States to hoop. It's his life. That's fine. I'm just tired of hearing his name connected to the Rockets. Had he wanted to be here, he would be. He doesn't want to so I'm great with him not being here.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It is hard to say if Llull does or does not want to come over to the NBA. "Of course" he is going to say he is "currently happy where he is." KD said he was happy with the Thunder. Just general media lip service. Players are always happy where they are to the media.

The question is, will Llull come over, and AT WHAT PRICE. In the past, what the Rockets offered (and the buyout) might not been enough for him. At a certain price, Llull could very well be interested. And the buyout will get lower too. We just don't know. But it IS clear the Rockets are interested in him. If they felt there was no chance, they wouldn't keep that interest.

A guard unit of Harden/Beverley/Gordon/Llull would be really nice!

19. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

come on how many people here have left the US for a job abroad even if it paid more?

20. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

sometimes I dont understand Morey.
    We spend 20 million in Anderson and we doesnt pay LLul 5 or something like that to bring him to th NBA.