1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Sean Mitchell: Yes, Houston -- it's OK to be happy for Dallas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 15, 2011.

1. TheBookOfOlu

TheBookOfOlu Member

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

That essay could be written about any number of teams (T'wolves, Clippers, Bucks, etc.). Says rooting against Dallas would be "petty," but at the same time is petty in opposing LeBron. The whole article could be summed up as "Be happy for happiness, except LeBron's."

2 people like this.
  3. jpaguinto

jpaguinto New Member

This guy saying isn't saying be a Mavs fans now, but to give Dallas some props or respect that they won. There can be respect between rivals or enemies.

Personally, I don't like Dallas at all but they played a hell of a series. And as much as i dislike Jason Terry, he played a big part in the wins.

1 person likes this.
  4. Pimphand24

Pimphand24 Member

Very well put. Excellent write-up.

5. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

Let's be happy other teams win (let alone a team in Dallas of all places), it's petty otherwise. :rolleyes:

I'm glad you feel like you did the "right thing" by not pandering to the Houston crowd, but is pandering to the bandwagon Dallas crowd supposed to make you a better person?

Whatever makes you feel better.

6. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Personally I think you guys are a bunch of whiney little pissants. Get over yourselves.

We are Rockets. We don't need to belittle anybody, especially if they only have one ring. And I'm proud of our state. DAMN proud. So yes, I have a good feeling for Dallas' win.

You guys are the most hate-filled group I can come across on a daily basis. Always hating on something. That hate is going to eat you up....

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Duck Fallas

8. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Thumbs up! :)

9. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

I've never seen people get so angry about a fake rivalry like this.

Do you guys also get really mad when Texas wins the Silver Boot?

10. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Exactly. Dallas has half as many championships, half as many Finals appearances, way fewer hall-of-famers, way fewer all-stars. They are not a rival. The Rockets are one of the historically great NBA teams. They're not at the level of Lakers and Celtics or even Bulls, but right with the Pistons, 76ers, and other teams that people think of when they think of the NBA. The Mavericks are a mostly irrelevant franchise that just won a championship. Maybe one day they could become a rival, but they're not there yet.

11. E-Man

E-Man Member

Hell no! I still hate Dallas. 2005 1st Round against Houston still ticks me off.

12. ThaShark316_28

Exactly bruh. Makes no sense to me. Houston fans made that up.

13. ThatWriterGuy

ThatWriterGuy Contributing Member

Exactly, Houston was relevant in the 90's while Dallas was this past decade and slightly beyond (granted we didn't take a whole decade off like them).

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

[​IMG]

You are a tool. Go post at a Dallas BBS.

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

[​IMG]

This whole series was just a no win situation. I could deal with the Heat winning because I kind of assume at some point they'll fall into a title regardless and we'll be stuck hearing all the talk of greatness on a national level.

Besides living in Dallas being a Rockets fan, it just drives me bonkers hearing and seeing Cuban, Dirk and Terry acting like D-bags more so than usual, esp Cuban and Terry!

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Yuck, man. :(

Cuban: "Here's the trophy, Dirk..."
    Dirk: "Thanks!" [Dirk kisses the trophy]

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

[​IMG]

18. bro2044

bro2044 Member

19. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

LOL....pass the koolaid. the rockets have been the laughingstock of the league for the past 15 years