1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets to begin season with Beverley, Asik as starters; Jeremy Lin off bench

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Oct 29, 2013.

1. devin23

devin23 Member

LOL it's far from over. Bev didn't outplay lin neither did lin outplay bev. Lin did do better defensively vs lillard.

2. Jeffey

Jeffey Member

You're not getting it, it's over. Beverley is McHale's pg.

3. dream1222

dream1222 Member

at this i just hope they can pack Lin with asik when they trade for LA

4. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Read into it, it's not so simple.

5. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

McHale trusts Beverley more, but can you blame him?

Bev is the better ball handler which is why he'll finish games in the 4th.

Lin is the better playmaker but he has those risky home run plays that will often lead to TO's.

You want the safe and consistent PG down the stretch and Bev is great at taking care of the rock.

I give props to Lin tonight though he played great, but he's not a pure point guard. He's a combo guard which is why he's going to stagger minutes with Harden.

6. Baruch

Baruch Member

Looking at the way how Lin was subbed into the game in the 4th Q today, it's very telling who is the CHOSEN starter.

7. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

That's his point, Lin played better but still doesn't get to finish games. It's not necessarily a meritocracy; a very subjective decision.
    Strange, all great PGs take risks down the stretch and they all get to finish games. This is really a first of its kind.

8. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

unfortunately

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Can't wait to see Bev vs CP3.

DD

10. yunac010

yunac010 Member

How is it telling? I think Lin was going to get subbed in around the 5 min mark, but then Bev started making a couple of shots. You don't mess with a lineup that's working.

11. Solaris

Solaris Member

That might explain why McHale benched Harden later on that game.

12. never_panic

never_panic Member

They will convince themselves no matter what that Bev is the better player, even though he's not. It'll cost them in the long run, they'll miss Lin's offense late in games when smart defensive teams bottle up harden and howard. Book it.

13. Baruch

Baruch Member

As much as I prefer Lin to be the starter, I'm okay to go with Bev. Give him the opportunity to start also so that we can really see how he plays as a starter in real games.

McHale can always switch back to Lin when the lineup doesn't go so well as expected since he has 'two starting point guards' ;)

If I'm a LOF, I'll psyche myself that the coach is trying to put a fire behind Lin to push him through his learning curve. :grin:

14. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I think everyone knows that McHale made his choice a few seasons ago...

15. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Jeremy has been averaging 15 points on 50+% FG and 40+% 3PT and pretty solid defense overall. I think you stick with him as the starter and keep the momentum going. But that's just me. I'm sure he'd do well as 6th man too and I'm sure Bev will continue toplay well as well

16. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Exactly. Bev was playing very well in the 4th and McHale decided to stick with him. Can't say it was a bad move. I feel like McHale will just go with whoever is playing better that night. And if it's equal, he'll go with whoever is making good plays most recently, and in this case it was Bev.

17. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Bev did good tonight and I'm glad to have him back but there is no doubt that Lin played better than Bev on both ends of the court.

You seen tonight when the Rocket get running and scoring well they are at their best, and that happens better when Lin is in the game. That is the reason I think Lin should start to get our offense going. His D isn't bad in fact he is a good defender, their are certain players that he may have a hard time with but so does most everybody else. I love Bev's energy and hustle off of the bench it changes things up when he comes into the game. Hopefully Mchale will see this and stop trying to fix something that already worked.

18. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

Kemba Walker 3/4 6 pts in 6 mins on Bev, 2/6 6 pts in the rest of game on Lin.
    Caldron 0 points on Lin.
    Tinsley 0 points on Lin.
    Lillard 6 points on Lin, 16 points on Bev.
    will keep recording.

19. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I think out of respect to Lin and his old coach, I hope McHale starts Lin for the Lakers game. However, I do like to see what Bev can do with CP3 this weekend. Eitherways, having both of them is going to provide the much added energy.

20. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Lol. Where's the Chris Paul stat?