1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[ClutchFans] Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 18, 2014.

1. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

And let's not forget the Blue Oyster Bar selfie with Cuban-douche and GQ signing his new contract. Not only was that totally unprofessional, IMHO, but I got the impression that it was a big "eff-you" to the Rockets.

I couldn't agree more. Screw that guy

2. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is an ongoing problem in the NBA. Some agents/agencies are practically building teams by directing clients to particular organizations, not based on what is best for that individual player, but what is best for the larger pool of clients. There have been rumors that CAA practically runs the Knicks and is something Phil Jackson will have to deal with.

Anyway, I did enjoy seeing Fegan practically pouting at Howard's introductory press conference last year. Put a smile on my face.

3. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hmmm. Interesting bit of info. If true, it certainly fits a lot of what was going on last season. On the court, Parsons was always trying to be a playmaker and was really trying to pad stats. I attributed it to impending free agency. However, when Howard mentioned there were teammates with their own agendas, while many went after The Beard, I wondered if it was Parsons or some other player who expected to be the center of the marketing spotlight.

Parsons has made it clear that he expects to be a centerpiece and marketing piece for an organization. Even if he didn't feel that way going into free agency, I would not be surprised if Cuban sold him on it while clubbing.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Great read, and nice compilation of evidence. I'm not sure if I feel better or worse getting confirmation that the Rockets sold out to a scumbag like Fegan in order to sign Dwight.

I'm not saying it wasn't the right call, but it just feels gross. By all accounts in February of 2013 if there was a trade on the table of Chandler Parsons for Dwight Howard, I'd take that trade all day every day, and that's probably without a guarantee of a long term contract.

However the "list" of Fegan's criteria just makes me feel like Morey really is walking a slippery slope with this scum bag, and the fact that Houston was Dwight's first choice but Fegan was the one making the demands doesn't sit well with me. This is something you've grown to expect from a wreckless organization like the Knicks, but not the Rockets.

Fegan and Mark Cuban deserve each other. Lets hope Morey can move on from this and Dwight's 2016 free agency will be a little smoother with hopefully a new agent looking after him instead of his own best interests.

5. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Not sure if this vindicates our poor offseason. But what's interesting is why Fegan didn't want Dwight in Houston. Why wouldn't a agent want his player playing for the "smartest GM in the league". Baffling

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Well yours and BigM's post answered my question as to why Parsons has to continually apply vagisil even after getting paid.

Unless he's worked out relentlessly this offseason to improve his overall offensive game (which still needs work) and watches tape from his rookie season when he actually gave a damn on defense, Parsons won't get to that next level.

Offended that he didn't make the USA select team
    Offended that he wasn't named an All-Star
    Made it known that he was the best small forward during the Playoff series against Portland
    Offended that we didn't bring him back
    Offended that he didn't make the USA team playing in the WC

He makes everything into a motivation but talk is cheap.

7. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

If my agent tried to "steer" me toward another team that wasn't the one I told him I wanted to go to, I'd tell him to GTFO. Who is the agent working for if he's not working for his client? That's messed up.

8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Because he would rather have his athletes listen to him and not have any outside influence that could dissuade them. See: Parsons, Chandler.

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Just proves that fans underestimate the power that agents hold in these negotiations.

10. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

bingo i agree with you. Maybe dwight was not aware?

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Ef Fegan. Wish Dwight would drop him

12. mig0s

mig0s Member

why the hell does Dwight care so much about parsons?

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Not really. I thinks it's a few things.

Fegan and Cuban are buddy buddy.

Fegan doesn't appear to be all that concerned with the right situation for the player and his on court success, but the money and all the ways to get that money.

Fegan knows that Morey isn't one of the idiot GMs that he can easily work over.

He'd rather deal with GMs he is friendly/friendlier with or GMs that he can take advantage of.

14. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Is this the Agenda the players were referring to?

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This prima donna had to run with the label best recruiter in the country when all he did was get the ******* Fegan as an agent.

F U Mavs
    F U Parsons
    F U Cuban
    F U Fegan

2 people like this.
  16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Why get mad at Fegan...his goal is to make his clients as much money as possible in order to get as much money as possible. By bring Dwight to Houston, Fegan essentially got more money by getting Parsons a 15mil/yr contract; Fegan made money. Money talks and BS walks boys and girls. This is the moral of the story that Clutch so articulately put in this article. Great read.

17. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Good read. Excellent reporting.

18. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Did dwight need fegans permission to sign with us or something? Like if we didnt agree to let parsons out of his contract would fegan have signed dwight to dallas? lol eff fegan

19. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Fegan played every body involved lol

20. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

that should be your signature for the season.