1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Red Rowdy Game Rituals

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 00rocketgirl, Feb 11, 2011.

Tags:
  1. acjeitherocket

Yea I would love to see that happen...I love how all the students at big colleges are cheering like crazy at their games.

& shoutout to Rocket girl for that beasty commute..I was goin2 school a Prairie view when I was a Rowdy so I know what thats like

2. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

I agree

3. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

haha, naw. thanks for the heads up. I looked like i was screaming everything huh

I just want the Rockets to get hype from the crowd and play some D

4. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

we all do.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Good point, sir.

ALSO, at the European games, there are actually FANS of the team in the stands, not just some old dudes and their wives sent there from their company's last big client purchase. :grin:

6. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

we had in the past a rowdy who would occasionally run down to almost the floor and use a sign that said sway, and he'd wave it back & forth to to get everyone to sway with the bangers. He's no longer a rowdy though, but yeah that might be a good thing to bring back & include at every game.
    Speaking of optical illusions, one of the rowdies last year made a giant hypnosis black and white wheel , and attached it to a board in a way that he could spin it, and he'd run halfway down the stairs and spin it. I think it got left at the Toyota Center at the end of last season and he never got it back.
    I dig that.
    yes it does work fairly well in Aggie Land! I have suggested that before, but it was never taken into action. I think its success wouldn't be as great in the Toyota Center as we don't have the entire section behind the goal filled with Red Rowdies, like Reed arena's Reed Rowdies.

haha. thanks.

yeah the Bucks' Squad 6 group is pretty good at that. I think that could be something good for the Red Rowdies to adopt.

Thanks! Want a mention?
    Everyone, BimaThug suggested the rituals blog topic to me.

hahaha. I'd like to have him but judging that he's from Utah, he's probably a Jazz fan. Do. Not. Want.

hahaha. yeah I could have used that good milage when I drove an over 4 hr roundtrip to a Vipers game in Austin last night, came back this morning!

we'll stop the soccer hum when the Rockets stop playing the music to it at games. Should we also not clap our hands when they play that clip from the cha cha slide "everybody clap your hands"?

Dangit!! I meant to include that!! I had 2 rough drafts I had been working on about the rituals. I included that part about the confetti in one, but totally forgot to in the one I submitted.
    That is one of my favorite parts as well.

just pretend this was included in my post:

During the game, the Red Rowdies will bring in either a box of all star ballots or someone will go take a bunch of free newspapers at a grocery store and bring them in for everyone to shred. Then after every made basket, the Rowdies will toss confetti up, which can be seen from across the Toyota Center. Standing in the Rowdies section feels like a giant snow globe at times.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Good job cuz.

You make me proud. :)

8. landryMVP

landryMVP Member

Do yall ever add rowdies mid season? To replace anyone that had to drop out or for some reason isnt a rowdy anymore? IF so lemme know! Im tired of trying to sneak by the one lady that checks tickets down there every game to sit with yall!

9. justinh

justinh Member

personally i think its disrepsectful to do anything during the anthem outside of signing the entire athem along with the performer for the entire song.

10. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

Vuvuzelas are banned by the NBA.

11. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

I'll get back to you.

12. thejav

thejav Member

since we have been losing at home recently, how about trying something new.. i suggest cheering for the visiting team, condescendingly or even sarcastically..for example..i went to the recent la game here wearing an old kobe jersey, being a huge rockets fan i thought id wear just for spite and wouldn't u know it..we won..try it..just might work.. :p

13. dianap07

dianap07 Member

i like this idea!

14. dianap07

dianap07 Member

its been done a few times...i guess we need to start doing it again.

15. dianap07

dianap07 Member

lmao im pretty sure if you talk to chris, he'll have you as an alternate.we did have a couple of ppl drop out after being rowdies for 4 yrs. things just got busy for them.

16. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

Fair Enough..... but can u guys still yell Defense? And not just at the end of games or when the Players get u guys excited........Yell to get them(the players) excited, Everytime! let them and the other team know whats up and what we want and expect. DEFENSE!

17. landryMVP

landryMVP Member

Im not a rowdy but I sit and cheer with them at every game I go to. And the defense chant is well used throughout the game. They always chant during every offensive and defensive posession. just because the whole stadium doesnt, does not mean the rowdies don't.

18. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

I member seeing "The Romp" in Dallas when the Rockets came into town during their 22 game win streak. I think that game was for win #16. Anyway it was cool seeing the RED marching around the arena before the game. It made me proud i was wearing a Rox shirt. And proud that i was cheering in front of Tim Cowlishaw. Said hi to the guy before the game knowing that we were gonna win.

19. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

I do have mixed feelings about this one, but I wonder how many people felt it was disrespectful during the championship years. I feel the Rowdies' job is to bring energy and excitement every game, and the red glare cheering is a part of that.

its not anti-american, its pro-Rockets. Atlanta does it for the Braves, too.

But I think people have always had mixed feelings about it, and I respect that. Its not gonna stop, though, and if we do it when crowds are sold out, we should do it when there's 8000 in TC.

20. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

I'd like to point out that Chuckwagon had Love at 9 pts midway through the 4th. Obviously he double-doubled in the end, but I was really hoping Chuck could hold him. Love was clutch, but Chuck was doing an admirable job.

Also, I wanted to chant "COME TO HOUSTON" for Love, as there's no way he stays in Minny, and we can always hope...