1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Potential Rocket Profile: Carmelo Anthony

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Chamillionaire

Depends on what we have to give up.
    I wonder if we can get Jennings too.

When Ryno and Gordon aren't on fire, we really struggle. Melo would give us 20 every night.

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

If only Melo could be our Mark Aguirre..but he probably ends up being that for the Clippers..

3. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

He would give us 20 on like 80 shots and very little ball movement. Not sure if anyone is seriously considering this, but I was thinking this was just a joke thread.

4. Chamillionaire

I'm afraid that might happen. I'm also optimistic that he might buy into the system at this point in his career.

Who knows? Not gonna happen anyways.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  5. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Realistically, the trade would have to be Ryno (and Brewer?) for Melo to work under the cap. I'm not sure either team does that deal. Could potentially lead to another Dwightmare scenario like last year.

Wouldn't mind seeing the Clips ship out Reddick and Rivers (plus Johnson for a cap match) for Melo and lose their two best shooters.

#145 JoeBarelyCares, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    Tha_Dude likes this.
  6. Rockets4Life13

Melo was laughing at the #15 Spot in the ranking from Slam Magazine. I think he is barely top 30/40.
    He is (almost) 33, he shoots 42% (with 3-19 FG in 7/10 Games i feel like) and he can't defend a tree.
    Not interested, thanks.

photojoe likes this.
  7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

If LeBron James want Melo why not us? Melo at this point in his career is going to be a revival if he joins a team like the Rockets. I rather take a chance at a scorer that we can get at low cost than being status quo, we've lost 6 of 9. The lost to the Bucks was painful because they only won that 1 game out of 7 currently. There is a problem when Ryno and/or Eric Gordon is not playing, we depend too much on Harden. We need another scorer to make it lethal and make the Rockets even more dynastic. For the price for Melo, I would take a chance if Harden agrees. We control Melo, this is his last big contract from Knicks. He should know leverage is not on his side, it will be him playing for another contract usually those players make more effort. Melo is not the same and DAntoni is not the same back then. With or without Melo the Rocks will will be playoff bound, the question is if we are still playing in June. Low risk, high reward.

BigShasta and BigggReddd like this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Not sure how to make the minutes work, but I'm a huge fan of reddick and would absolutely want him in this lineup

Williamson likes this.
  9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Buy in? He made dantoni so miserable that he resigned. Melo flat out refused to run dantoni system on the floor, wouldn't run plays he drew up, wouldn't let Lin run the point the way dantoni wanted, etc. their relationship was toxic. Once a player has nerfed a coach and made him quit, they can't ever repair that bridge. Dantoni would know that as soon as things went bad here like they did he last 10 games, melo would be a superstar on the team working to undermine his system.

10. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

QFT! The Rockets need to add by adding, not subtracting. The vibe/chemistry on this team is too good to blow it up for a ball stopper like Melo. We need to add to the team to support the current rotation (maybe sans Brewer) with additional shooting to help when the current volume shooters (Anderson, Ariza, and Gordon) are out or off any given game. This could be another Stretch 4, but I think you can absolutely get a guy who would share the backcourt with Harden a la Redick, Courtney Lee, etc.

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Melo gives you 22 on 18 shots. Marcus Thornton will give you 22 on 18 shots.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

What does Ryan Anderson give you?

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

No longer they key to Daryl's championship formula?

[​IMG]

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Cry Melo is a No D playing, chucking, cancer.

If you thought Dwight was a cancer, Melo is an instant cancer. He gonna chuck his way to 30 shots a game, he is not going to play D. he is going to whine.

Pass

15. Fantasma Negro

Screw Melo, Morey needs to get involved and get Reddick

Mathloom and craguin like this.
  16. Classic

Classic Member

Lol, hell no

17. Lightsnowaction

I'd give up Ryno, KJ, Corey and a 1st for Melo.

18. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

While I am not totally against this, to me before the injury Rudy Gay would have been the better play. Rudy who actually is likely a better fit for MDA's system and had a much lesser price at least cap wise. Carmelo adds more sizzle to the franchise, but in terms of on court performance I would prefer a healthy Rudy Gay. Part of the reason why I am saying this is because their are other players in the league with a much better cap impact that can really help this team and address team needs. Houston even with the slump has one of the best records in the league. If I was to throw out a backcourt player scorer for example Miami may be willing to let go of Goran Dragic, do not think we could submit the best offer but I would rather have him than Carmelo. A front court player one that is obvious for our team and I have mentioned before is PJ Tucker. Tyson Chandler and maybe be Noel has been mentioned as bigs that we should target to share minutes with Capela to name a few examples.

bloodwings19 likes this.
  19. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

We wouldn't even need to do that much. Ryno + Dekker would get it done.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If Jackson is content with table scraps from the Clippers (none of the "Big Three"), why should Morey go out of his way to send Dekker (not that Dekker is a star, but he has value)?

Not that LaLa would let Carmelo waive his no trade clause to come to Houston, and I'm not sure Melo is the right fit anyway.