1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[ClutchFans] Potential Rocket Profile: Carmelo Anthony

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. da_juice

da_juice Member

I don't think Shumpert is big enough to cover forwards though.

I, however, agree with what I think you're saying. If we get Melo, we should also get a defensive minded player to play the 3 (or maybe even the 4) and use Parsons as our 6th man. It balances out the starting lineup a little better. And more importantly - we'd be able to always have a really skilled offensive player on the court.

The thing I like best about Melo is the way it opens up substitution packages. All of the sudden, you don't need Dwight, Harden, or Parsons playing 38 minutes. You can have the three of them and Melo all start and play together of course, but we also have the opportunity to stagger when we need to so that everyone remains fresh.

3. Mr Chuck Norris

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

5. Classic

Classic Member

Dat stretch 4

6. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

I'm not burying this.how do we trade these guys for literally nothing in return??

7. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

[​IMG]

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

Teams with cap room can absorb salary without sending anything back (other than typically a heavily protected 2nd round pick). This creates a traded player exception, which we can choose to use or not in the future.

9. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

You guys over exagerate how bad the defense will get. The teams defense was pretty good and getting better until Sampson left.

Harden can play defense when he puts in the effort (even though he still has fundamental flaws on that end). Look at his body shape, the guy hasn't be in good enough condition to put in maximum effort on both ends. Since he values offense more than defense he uses defensive posession to rest.

With Melo there is no more excuses because he can share the offensive load. Parsons will have a light load as well so he can get back to his defense of old.

Also if Portland want to exchange 1 on 1 posession with Aldridge on Melo I say we win 9 times out of 10. Sure Melo will have problems, but there is no chance Aldridge can guard Melo on the perimiter. Plus Melo won't play the 4 the entire time. How is Aldridge going to guard Melo when he is the ball handler in a pnr with Dwight or the screener in a pnp with Harden? There are 2 sides to every match-up.

Finally...if it fails and Melo is exploited too much...WE CAN TRADE PARSONS FOR A 4!

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Do want.

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

DMo was actually a plus defender this past year. I was surprised also, but watching the games it was clear he had progressed, particularly in post defense. Still doesn't rotate on help D as well as he could, but damn at least he isn't Terrence Jones.

I would say that their defensive stats are not far off the truth.

12. NateNate

NateNate Member

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

basketballinsiders should be banned poopsworld way, due to the fact that all they ever do is throw mud on the wall based on the newest stuff that have been reported. They even have their own homeless man version of Chris Broussard in Alex Kennedy. I'm pretty sure Alex Kennedy's entire job is to regurgitate everything Broussard says and make it seem like he actually have sources.

I would not be scared of ANYTHING they say.

14. AFS

AFS Member

Carmelo wears 7... Harden wears 13... 713. Carmelo to Houston confirmed.

15. NateNate

NateNate Member

True... But I was referring more to what Rondo had to say. I'm sure he communicates with Ainge, and it sounds like they may think they have something up their sleeves.

16. NateNate

NateNate Member

We already have that perfect combo in J. Lin!! ;)

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

Melo and Rondo being tight is old, old news. It's been widely known since last offseason.

Again, nothing basketballinsiders report is either regurgitation of previously well known info, or it's stuff they made up that never turns out true.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Melo's offense is just rediculous. He's quick and crafty enough to score against bigs, and big enough to score over guards. I'll jump up and down if we get him and manage to keep Parsons and Beverley. An offensive juggernaut, with some defense tossed in to make it interesting.

19. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

This may be a dumb question but does Carmelo have up until the 23rd to opt out? As in Sunday night at Midnight, or he has up until Monday the 23rd at 11:59pm?

20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

1000% agree.... Melo is one of the 5 most talented players in the game and he's in his physical and more important mental prime. Adding him would make us the instant favorite out west and possibly the entire nba depending on what lebron does.

He fits like a glove and he's one of the true superstars we have in the game. IMO theirs only 6 real game changing MVP level number 1 options in the nba right now and the rockets would have 2 of them in melo and Howard with harden getting closer by the day.

Think about this. Harden at 24 is as good and highly respected by his peers and nba personnel as their is in the nba. I know the media is getting on him right now but he's a real superstar in the making. He's no steph curry or Rus Westbrook or Paul George. He dwarfs those players. Those guys are all stars and will be for years but hardens on his way to the elite group. Any big time vet like melo lebron ext. is picking harden all day over those guys. Hardens an Olympian and total game changer on and off the court. He's 1st team nba he's top 5 in win shares two years in a row hes the most efficient guard possibly ever he racks up assist and is clutch plus he's a team player lead the youngest team in the nba with 0 starting experience to the playoffs his first year and he's 24 and not near his prime.

Now you tell me melo is not coming to play with that guy and the best center in the world. We need to respect James freak Harden a little more because he's the one that made all this possible. He got us Dwight and now we're in position to grab melo or even the king himself? Yet this is the guy we're crucifying on this board. Enjoy this guy harden he's a once in a generation player and if you've followed basketball you could see that he's head and shoulders above his peers around his age besides durant.

Harden/melo/Howard is absolutely the best team in basketball and could challenge 65 wins every yr for the next 4 seasons.