1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast - The James Harden Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 31, 2012.

1. mirus

mirus Member

^^ sorry dragic and lowry

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Dang, that was a beat down. LOL.

3. MKL

MKL Member

Thanks for personal attack bro. Real classy.

4. roxxy

roxxy Member

I am sorry but this is complete and utter nonsense.

Anyway, thank your for taking time to make the podcast. Sorry that you are getting a lot of backlash for your opinions.

For those who are getting angry, you don't have to agree but you can still be classy.

5. durvasa

Please explain why, and I'll retract the comment.

6. roxxy

roxxy Member

Sure. My response is as follows. Because other teams would have offered him that much money if the Knicks hadn't done to Lin what the Cavs did to Sasha Pavlovic a few years ago. Lakers, Raptors, Mavs were interested in him & Rockets of course. Only Morey had the balls to dare the Knicks to put there money where there mouth is & call them out & even then he thought the Knicks would still match. It is incorrect to state that virtually no other team in the NBA was going to offer him that contract. Also, if Lin was a UFA there likely would have been a lot more teams as well to throw offer sheets his way. Just my two cents. Would appreciate a reply.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I know it wasn't directed at me, but what other NBA team offered a similar contract to anyone last season besides the ones the Rockets offered to Lin and Asik? Saying that "It is incorrect to state that virtually no other team in the NBA was going to offer him that contract" doesn't make sense to me, with all due respect. No other team did. They could have had they thought of it, and/or had the nerve. And Lin wasn't an unrestricted free agent, so that's more pure speculation. I guess I'm not following your line of reasonling.

8. durvasa

Thanks. You could be right on that, so I'll take back what I said.

I'll put it instead this way. Like any young player that earns his first "big-time" contract from a team, there is I think a certain obligation for that player to make good on that contract. In Lin's case, he has essentially earned a major contract based on about 1 month of very good play. I think that should give him extra incentive to prove to his team that they were right to bet on him.

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

Fair enough. Thanks for the conversation & thanks for staying classy.

10. Akim523

Akim523 Member

And that, is a compliment

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I don't get the stuff about forget Dragic. He's just a better player than Lin right now. I don't remember us having a better real point guard than Dragic, ever. Dragic seemed like a real team guy too, I didn't see the risk in resigning him. Lin may well be the big star some people think he'll be but Dragic was a hell of a player. Lowry, eh, I'll never miss him. The constant whining and flopping was really annoying but even Lowry played his ass off or us.

12. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

LinMVP is as stupid as some LOH...or maybe he is one of them(LOH).......

13. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

I'm a Dragic fan too but imo...Lin will be better than him in the future.

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

PLAYER OPTION

Rockets don't give them. Dragic wanted one. That's why we couldn't resign him.

15. lakersuck

lakersuck Member

You must feel pretty silly now :grin:

16. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

How can one person be so blind? Everything you said was the opposite of the truth. Luckily games happen, and your ability to analyze basketball is completely exposed. I hope you're just trolling, because it's hard for me to believe anyone can write that garbage with a straight face.

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

the problem with being the second/third option is the opposite though, you don't get to pick your shots, you often get them picked for you.

18. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

19. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Very valid point. You never know what might come up. I thought there was no chance the Thunder would trade Harden before next year and whoop, there he gets traded.
    I did think about Odom myself. He's one of those guys that could either be very much valuable or just not good at all. Caron Butler perhaps could become a dump-candidate as well. One really can only try to guess at this point.

Another good point. There's really isn't any stud besides Paul and Howard in next year's free agency.
    Josh Smith is a "nice" piece, but how far does he get you really? I agree with Clutch that Smith is probably not the way to go. I think the same can be said about Gasol, although Gasol from a basketball perspective is probably a better fit than Smith. He however also is quite a bit older, so I'm not sure I'd like the Rockets to go that route, either.

I do agree with the larger point though that it's more so about 2014 (cap space) than 2013 (cap space).
    If the Rockets look at it the same way then Morey very well might be more than open to taking on the likes of Okafor, Ariza, Salmons or Butler to gather more assets to go after a real (potential) difference maker like Cousins via trade or someone like Cody Zeller via the draft.

Being patient would also allow our young guys to develop - and hopefully build up some more value.

20. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

Im just so curious to read LINMVP's analysis after that game