1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: The Dwightmare for Thomas Robinson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 6, 2013.

1. K1TCH3NS

K1TCH3NS Member

Thanks for putting up this podcast Clutch....will def be checking out future ones as well.

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

Unless Asik can bring back a star, he's instrumental in Dwight coming here. He can limit Howard's workload and allow Howard to take time to recover from any regular season injury. Overall, both Howard and the Rockets would benefit tremendously from him being here.

3. allaroundplayer

When Howard used to be a dominant low post player, Orlando surrounded him with a lot of good 3 point shooters, but Harden & Lin aren't players that like to stand around outside the 3 point line & wait for the ball to get kicked out to them. He's not going to get the ball as much as he wants because he's not physically what he used to be. A lot of post ups for him is not a good offense also because he is not a good passer. Harden & Lin don't like to feed the post either, so it will be terrible chemistry because Howard is unhappy unless he gets the ball in the post consistently & he will be lazy protecting the rim, running the floor and rebounding because that is not the role he wants to have. So I think replacing Asik with Howard, the Rockets would become a worse team offensively AND defensively.

4. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Stopped reading right there... I think you haven't watched a game last season SMH...

Harden and lin did not feed the post last season because....

wait for it...

... we don't have a post player LOL!

5. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

You sir, don't know what you are talking about.
    If there was a reliable post player they would do it even more. Asik got lots of feeds and he did the best he could with them.

DH would be breaking the rim with the ops he would get here.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I doubt Royce would enjoy Dwight breaking his rim.

7. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

Well at least you know it wasn't Juwan Howard. :cool:

1 person likes this.
  8. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Thought I'd go back and check out some previous podcasts.

I listened about three quarters of the the way through the August 13, 2012 podcast and couldn't listen anymore.

GEEZUS!!! How depressing! I'm glad you guys got almost everything wrong! I mean man, talking about a 50+ loss season??!! (granted it was before Harden).

I kinda understand where the general negativity on this board comes from, and especially the trepidation with the chase for Dwight Howard again.

Cheer up Rockets fans, I see blue skies ahead! :)

1 person likes this.
  9. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

Morey looks intense in that gif! is he smashing the cow bell or the keyboard?

10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks MONON... I'll look into possibly toning down the intro.

lol.

Bima's the man, no doubt about that. We had to touch on some of the cap stuff just by the nature of why T-Rob is on the block and going after Dwight, but Bima would have been great on that -- he is incredible at breaking down complicated cap matters and explaining them simply.

Thank you guys... I'm glad you liked it and we really do appreciate the feedback. Since this is Lance and Andrew's first podcast at ClutchFans, if you have any feedback for them, I'm sure they'd love to hear it. Thanks again.

Rodman23 just cracks me up. I just wanted to show more people his hilarious GIF. This one and the Royce White Airplane movie-slap scene are among the many that just had me rolling. And I'd love to work with him. He does great stuff.

11. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I don't think that's the case at all. Fr one thing, I am sure Lin and Harden are perfectly fine with kicking the ball inside and staying open for a 3 or slashing into the paint. Dwight would also get tons of looks off of PnRs - and he would get lots of rebounds since we are a high volume shooting team.

Harden was exhausted a lot last season - giving the ball to another star so he can give you some points won't be a problem for him. If Dwight gets anywhere between 5 and 15 post ups he should be happy, and bot are very possible depending on the matchup. It is very well possible that he averages 20 14 2 here - and he would be happy about that. It is very possible that we would be a 55+ win team with him, and that would make everyone on this team happy. Ad it is very possible that we win a championship (teams like the Heat or the Thunder wouldn't match up well with us) and that would make everyone happy...

12. GIGO

GIGO Member

Would be great! Who knows if he might develop into a Gilliamesque director?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pGeAIzh7vv0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nice podcast, Clutch.

Really agreed with most of the thoughts, especially about Lin, with regard to the need for experience and consistency. We went into the season with his role essentially being the lead dog, and that all changed just days before the season with the acquisition of Harden. I think a full offseason/training camp, hopefully one where our fate with Dwight is known relatively soon will help him solidify his particular role.

Also liked the point on Asik/Dwight, and what would be a reasonable number of minutes for them to play together. Obviously, it differs if we're playing a Memphis with Randolph/Gasol vs. a Miami using Bosh as a 5 and LeBron as a 4. It's worth noting though, injuries are inevitable, especially for big men. That can at least add a minute or two per game to the projected floor time of the two players.

I also wonder what Morey (and McHale) think on limiting minutes for big men. The Spurs do it with great success with Duncan and Ginobili - they kept Duncan at 30 mpg in the regular season, and now he's got the gas to go 35 in the playoffs, still putting up 20-14 in Finals game at age 37. At the pace we play, it can be a lot of wear and tear for a big man. Granted, Howard/Asik are nowhere near Duncan's age, but if you get Howard to a 4 year deal, you have to presume if things go well he's hear another 4 years after that, so maybe preserving his health isn't a bad idea.

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

I like the podcasts, clutch thanks. Much better than the ones on Truehoop I normally listen to.

15. ansfjs73

ansfjs73 Member

Nice podcast .. Although don't understand how we can get a "37" year old Keven Garnet just by trading a 27 year old TOP 5 center. Isn't this a lopsided trade in Houstons favor:rolleyes::rolleyes:

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Good podcast and very interesting. Without meaning to be rude, who are Andrew Stewart & Lance Thompson? I saw the stew015 post earlier but his posting history has been scant with few posts in the last three years.

I haven't lived in Houston for a long time so maybe they're local? I apologize if I should know and don't...

EDIT: nvm, went back and re-listened from the beginning

#56 Rashmon, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Asik, it would seem, can bring good quality back; apparently TRob cannot. Thus, if OA3 can bring the financial relief + quality back then that is the premier route to follow IMO.

18. zzpot

zzpot Member

I second that...

19. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Your probably going to be spot on. Predicting what Morey is going to do is almost next to impossible IMO, but this may be one of the few times to where he might just be held to sitting on his hands for this upcoming draft.

20. zzpot

zzpot Member