1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Taking a look at Omer Asik Trade Possibilities

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 19, 2013.

1. coffeelover665

I think the scariest team to possess Harden is the Miami Heat

Oh my god can you imagine that lineup

Center Asik
    Power forward Bosh
    Small forward Lebron
    shooting guard wade
    pg chalmer

2. FearTheBeardJH

Morey won't get much for Asik, because he is too scared to trade him to a contender. That limits his market a lot, there is no reason for a rebuilding team to go after Asik unless they get him cheaply. Morey should care about improving his own team not how other team will look after trading Asik.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Trade him to the eastern conference and consider that your holiday charity/ good deed for the season. The eastern conference is that homeless man that Terrence Jones stomped. Their 8th and 7th seeds have losing records. Has it ever been this bad? This much disparity between east and west?

4. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

How many teams would it eliminate if he didn't trade him to a contender? OKC and Portland maybe?

Miami and Indy aren't trading for Asik.
    Clippers, Spurs and GS wouldn't either.
    So that really only leaves 2 teams you would eliminate if this were the case. However, if Portland or OKC give Morey by far the best deal, he will take it.

5. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

On the other hand, if Asik lands in OKC, Houston will never get past them in the playoffs. So improvement of the team is meaningless if it means you don't win a championship because you made your archenemy better...

6. bucket

bucket Member

Where did you read/hear this?

7. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

if they give us Steven adams, Collison and a first round draft pick i would take it.

8. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

The point remains the same. Rockets would get better in general, but would be put at a disadvantage when playing against OKC. And the road to finals leads through OKC. Do you think Indiana would trade Hibbert to MIA for Bosh+pieces?

9. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

A trade idea I found in comment section on nba.com below an article about how badly Miami needs Oden to stop Hibbert:

Some people are seriously underrating Asik or overrating Anthony. Probably it's a bit of both.

10. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I find it funny at this point that folks continue to doubt Morey's talent in the trade game.

1 person likes this.
  11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

What contender has alot to give the Rockets in the first place? If the difference is getting Robin Lopez at best vs. Spencer Hawes or some other expiring contracts out of the East just give me the expiring's.

If a contender in the West really had great value to give the Rockets than I'm sure Morey would make the move regardless of helping out a competitor. However if there is very little differentiation at the end of the day, you always should trade out of conference if ever possible.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Exactly how I feel. Move Omer to the East, for god's sake, unless it's a WC deal just too good for Morey to pass up.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If he was a bad trader he would have already traded Asik. Obviously the longer he waits the better the deals will get.

The Asik agent firing pretty much tells us everything we need to know about Morey. Asik is so fed up with his agent not being able to broker a deal that satisfies Morey's needs that Asik fired him.

The dumb thing about it from Asik's standpoint though is that by the time Arm Tellum will be able to fully represent Asik to be able to broker a deal, he'll be traded before then so there really was not point in firing Andy Miller to begin with unless he just didn't get along with him.

14. Chamillionaire

Larry Sanders and Greak Freak for Asik and Dmo.

15. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I think Bucks' owner fires GM right away if this trade happens.

16. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Hibert is their starting c and prob best c in the nba

Asik is our backup plays defence only

17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Not sure what point you're trying to make????

Nobody said they were the same, and Hibbert is also pretty much a defence only C. At least when Asik plays defence, he also gets rebounds. Mind you, Hibbert is a superior shot blocker.

Hibbert has never averaged 10 a game in his career, and has never shot 50% from the field.

The big fella is useful, but he's hardly the best C in the league.

18. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Actually its perfect.

Sanders apparently is a dead contract. Everyone on here is hyping him but the national media thanks its one of the worst contracts around. There was an article I read the other day that was saying that Team Rep stating that no team wants to go near that contract. Apparently sanders attitude or something...I dont intend that you all buy what I say cause I havent provided the source but i did read that.

If thats true then dumping his contract plus acquiring their center of the future in ASIK and a good young big to develop would be a win win.

Basically giannis would be the price to pay to dump sanders bad cotract, and get a top center that they can retain in free agency. Henson and Asik pairing would actually pretty scary. Imagine pairing a PF version of howard to threaten with shot blocking and Asiks elite PNR defense, Post defense and Team defense.

That would be one of the better protected paints in the NBA.

19. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

20. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Morey wont hurt our flexibility. So sanders is not happening