1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Rockets finish off Wolves, prep for Jazz or Thunder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

weakfromtoday, Tfor3, Game7 and 17 others like this.
  2. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

djperm, saleem and BigMaloe like this.
  3. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

I think we will face jazz. They look like a team. If we face okc, we just to mark westbrooks and pg. It is easy job.

djperm likes this.
  4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

WE HAVE A NEW PODCAST!

djperm and Os Trigonum like this.
  5. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

We jizzed over the j*zz 4-0 and okc hmm with their talent they can beat anybody if they are playing cohesively that is.
    Just bring it baby wooooohoooo

6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Yeessssssss

[​IMG]

djperm likes this.
  7. Roxs-Redemption

The only two podcast I listen more than any other are LockedOn Rockets and ClutchFans. :cool:

whiskeyred and arubato like this.
  8. j@amc

j@amc Member

I think you are both right on track. That Harden struggled and that the Rockets could rely on others for scoring speaks volumes of how the team has grown. . .

One of the talking points on the national scene is that teams are going to force players like Tucker and Ariza to beat them. I think that's a trap that the Rockets hope teams will fall into. Think about the last two games: Harden has been average as a scorer at best (outside of that one monster quarter), and we've scored 119 and 122 points. And Paul was pretty quiet in game 5.

We've shown all throughout the season that if teams slack off on our "role players" to give more attention to "stars" that we will score easily, maybe even effortlessly. Our system and spacing punishes rotations. It's very counterintuitive, but the only way to truly challenge our offense is to make our stars play like superstars. But what know is that given a big stage, Harden and Paul can deliver. Plus, in that superstar role they are thriving as facilitators.

If our team concepts on defense and rebounding can continue to hold up, we'll earn that chance to play Golden State.

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Great pod, gentlemen!

Agree that Capela is going to get paid this offseason. It’s incredible how much he has grown as a player from year to year. I still don’t think we’ve seen the best from him yet.

CC keeps plays alive, cleans up the boards, has added a couple of moves making him more versatile, making winning plays when it counts and just fits what this team needs to a T. I honestly don’t see why people would want DeAndre over him at this point.

Not sure who I want next round, I’d lean Jazz, but it would be nice to knock Russ out too.

Must continue to get team efforts like we did last night to be successful in the playoffs. It’s huge that Harden and CP3 don’t have to do it all, but can pick their spots when it’s time to take over.

djperm likes this.
  10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I have been most impressed with the growth of our defense.

The Rockets can play a Memphis Style ugly defensive oriented basketball for 3 quarters, and still win because they get hot and score 40 points in a quarter.

DavidRocket, djperm, Patience and 2 others like this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

@Clutch Just got done listening. Great stuff guys! Looking forward to more podcast analysis moving forward. It has been too long!

Wiggins is the classic "look the part" but not great player. e.g. Rudy Gay. Agreed w/Utah & OKC analysis of upcoming opponents. OKC, high ceiling but low floor. Rather play Utah but its close. Feel like Capela being RFA in a tough market will help depress the cost somewhat.

j@amc likes this.
  12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Thunder vs Houston wouldve been fun for TV ratings...but the Jazz vs the Rockets will be a good basketball matchup...

Jazz are a good team coached by a good coach. Its why this series wont be squandered by them...Jazz will win this series. Remember when we had Mchale??? Stars etc were there...but that coaching system stinks. Sometimes the right system with the right stars make them successful. Look at GSW with then Jackson and now with Kerr...

13. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

A lot of us were bi*ching about an unfavourable draw, but I'm glad we didn't get the Pels.

We will beat either Jazz or OKC easily.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

From teh Bottom of the Heart of a true Rocket.....good to hear.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Thunders will be a more attention-getting matchup than the Jazzes.

16. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i just cant see the rockets struggling against the jazz. they look so good against OKC because they dont have good playmakers, just scorers.

also the rockets defense will shut down role players like ingles and crowder.

i still do not want to face OKC. they are just too unpredictable. they may have also found out which lineup actually works best with russ and PG during that 25 point comeback.

vlaurelio and Hakeemtheking like this.
  17. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Rubio out with sore hammy. Right now, I would bet on a game 7 and OKC coming to town.

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Prefer the Jazz because Clinty struggles against Adams but seems to match Gobert for whatever reason. Also the Jazz's "star" go to guy is a rook who's great but he's a rook. Jazz struggling right now but I think they pull it out tonight.

19. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Reverse jinx worked.